I-485 receipt - August/Sept 2001

bob r

Registered Users (C)
Could you please post receipt notice information for I-485 filing done in the months of August/Sept 2001. Please maintain this tracker to track receipt notice movement. Thanks all! Post RD, ND etc.

No Title

sent I-485 docs on 08/28/01. Waiting for receipt notice. will update once received. thanks.

bob r

Hi, bob r:

Good to see you and other guys from 140 forum again. I thought you were going to CP. My lawyer filed 485 for me around 8/28 and I applied EAD and AP too. let\'s keep in touch.

w

No Title

Hi x-man & haraputta,
Good to see you guys in this forum. Let us maintain this list till final approval. I will update my receipt status once received. Hope NSC speeds up the process with the new mail contractor in place. Thanks.

Bob r, x-man, and gcdog

Any clue as to how long is it taking to get a receipt from NSC. Did you guys apply for EAD. My lawyer has not file EAD application and has asked me to wait for the I-485 receipt. Once I get that I will be able to apply for EAD at local INS office.

Is this correct??

Thanks.

No Title

haraputta:

My lawyer told me that it took 4-6 weeks to get receipt. But who knows. We are dealing with INS. You can file EAD application together with your 485 application and no need to wait for 485 receipt.

x

EAD at local INS

I have applied only for 485 & AP. After getting the receipt notice I plan to go to the local INS to get EAD from where I checked if they issue EAD in person. It all depends on the local INS. The local INS requires EAD form with a cheque for 100$ & 485 receipt.

No Title

I have not applied for ead/ap with 485. Receipt should take 4-6 weeks going by other postings. Hope it is faster. Thanks.

ND after 8/22/01

As per immigration-law.com the last info was RD of 7/11/01 with ND 8/22/01. Could anyone confirm or is their any latest RD after 7/11/01 having got ND.

Thanks

4-6 weeks..

I think it is taking about this long to get the receipt. One of my work colleagues received his receipt in exactly 5 weeks. He applied for EAD at local INS and got the EAD without any hiccups.