I-485 processing times for Canadians?

canadian2005

Registered Users (C)
Hey guys..are there any canadians here who have received I-485 approvals? How long did it take for you? If you're still waiting, when did you apply?

thanks

grunggy..which service center did you apply to?

i applied to the VSC..my i-140 and 485 were concurrent...receipt date was 07/2004...my i-140 was approved in october...still waiting for the 485

Last edited by a moderator:
485 Processing Time

I am a Canadian citizen. My 140/485 were concurrently filed at TSC in 10/2003 and were concurrently approved in 10/2004.

Scott

Processing times for Canadian citizens are no different than anywhere else. The only advantage you might get is that USCIS tends to scrutinize status and working conditions marginally less strictly, but that's about it.

And the other advantage as far as I know is that us Canadians won't be affected by the retrogression of the EB3 priority dates (since this is probably only going to affect natives of India, China and possibly the Philippines).

ETA

ETA-GC said:
And the other advantage as far as I know is that us Canadians won't be affected by the retrogression of the EB3 priority dates (since this is probably only going to affect natives of India, China and possibly the Philippines).

Well, that depends. If you are a naturalized (or even native-born) Canadian citizen born in any of those three countries, then you will still be affected.

What I think is far more significant a benefit for Canadian citizens (all of them, not just native-born) is the exemption from visa stamping for almost all non-immigrant statuses.

I am a canadian citizen born in toronto...will the retrogression affect me? i couldnt understand what u meant by native born canadian citizens?

thanks

canadian2005 said:
I am a canadian citizen born in toronto...will the retrogression affect me? i couldnt understand what u meant by native born canadian citizens?

What I meant is someone who was a Canadian citizen at birth (through his or her parents) but born in India, China or the Philippines. You were born in Toronto - you'll be fine.