I-485 Processing Time at Houston District

NEC04,

Congratulation for your interview notice and I really wish to hear your successful story. Also I'm pleased to know Houston district resumed their
processing work after long long time...

Meantime Houston district asked you new medical exam? I saw a thread long time ago to write that there is no expire date for medical exam if it was filed with I485. When Houston district asked me a FP last April, they informed me that there was no need new medical exam if I filed with I485. So I didn't.

Congts again and keep post for further details.

NEC04 said:
The transfer notice which I received back in January said that it was to faster process my application.

Also, I found out that the medical exam cannot be older than 1 year. I did mine when I filed in 09/02, and I just did another one again today.

NEC04

Freedomtome, the notice I got said that the med. exam cannot be older than on year, and my attorney said not ot take a chance so I went and did it.
I am trying to be over-prepared so I will have everything ready before the 19th.

NEC04

Received Interview Notice

Hi! Guys,

I also received the Interview Notice yesterday from Houston local office. The Interveiw would be on July 20th.

The details as follows:

RD: 01/25/2002
1FP: 05/2002
RFE:08/2003
Transfer date:10/21/2003
2FP:01/31/2004

I am preparing for the Interview now.

NEC04,

What kind of documents local office asked you to bring at interview?

NEC04 said:
Freedomtome, the notice I got said that the med. exam cannot be older than on year, and my attorney said not ot take a chance so I went and did it.
I am trying to be over-prepared so I will have everything ready before the 19th.

NEC04

Great !!! Houston district really working

mvraman said:
Hi! Guys,

I also received the Interview Notice yesterday from Houston local office. The Interveiw would be on July 20th.

The details as follows:

RD: 01/25/2002
1FP: 05/2002
RFE:08/2003
Transfer date:10/21/2003
2FP:01/31/2004

I am preparing for the Interview now.

They asked me to bring:

1-med. exam (if over 1 year old)
2-W-2
3-last three pay stubs
4-current letter of employment
5-two Green Card photos
6-social security card
7-passport and I-94
8-any and all immigration related documents

NEC04

NEC04,

Houston district asked me No. 2 & 4 when I did FP on Apr., 28, 2004.
Did you same or asked you only FP?

NEC04 said:
They asked me to bring:

2-W-2
3-last three pay stubs
5-two Green Card photos
6-social security card
7-passport and I-94

NEC04

NEC04,

By the way what is pay stubs?

NEC04 said:
They asked me to bring:

2-W-2
3-last three pay stubs
5-two Green Card photos
6-social security card
7-passport and I-94

NEC04

pay stub

Pay stub is evidence of your pay check.
It is something either comes with or comes for your pay check. It contains information such as: you payment amount, you name address, employee info. company info. etc.

ffidx

ffidx,

Thanks yours and please advise how I get pay stub?
Is it small left part of company check?

ffidx said:
Pay stub is evidence of your pay check.
It is something either comes with or comes for your pay check. It contains information such as: you payment amount, you name address, employee info. company info. etc.

ffidx

I think so.
However, If you get direct deposit, I think the pay statement should be sufficient enough.
If you get actural check, I would suggest you to make a copy of the whole thing before you tore the check off and deposit it.

I think what they are looking for is to make sure that you are still being paid, so make sure the "date" info. is available also.

FFIDX

Last edited by a moderator:
My lawyer faxed me the Transfer Notice on that notice there is local office phone number (not 1 800 Number) but when I dialed that number, it is saying no longer exist, it happen to any one.

Finger Print Letter received

Finally, I received a finger print letter after my case transfered to Houston office at the end of January, 2004.

Hope my interview will be near by.

TSC - EB2 - I485 - 07/01 (RD) - 03/03 (FP) - 01/04 ( Transfer Date)

I am wondering too!

I can't help myself laughing at it. Amazing! I guess it will be more amazing if it goes back to June/2002 next week! Is it possible? Anything is possible here.

Ead

I got a letter from my lawyer yesterday asking me to show up at the Houston office. I was over excited thinking it must be the long waited interview. As I looked further for details, it turns out I am only asked to apprear for issurance of my fourth EAD card. What a waste of my time. For the previous three EAD, at least I can wait at home, now since it is being processed in the Houston local office, I have to take a day off work and to show up just to get an EAD card.

Talking about efficiency in the stupid Houston local office. Skew them!

FFIDX

How long does it take ..........

Hi,
Me and my husband received this notice last week ......
On July 22, 2004, we transferred your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status to our office in HOUSTON, TX for them to schedule and conduct your interview. Scheduling can take several months. Our office in HOUSTON, TX will notify you when they schedule your interview or take other action on your case.

Does anybody know what time estimate are we looking at and do they really drill people down in the interview and what typically happens there? How should i follow up the case in the houston office? We filed our 485 in 2002 last week of march. Thanks. Any reply is greatly appreciated.