I-485 Processing Dates and Priority Date

paragdighe

Registered Users (C)
The I-485 Processing Dates are showing as May 5th 2005 for Vermont. However Priority Dates are still way back. What does this mean? Is USCIS still approving I-485 and issueing GCs irrespective of the Priority Dates?

paragdighe said:
The I-485 Processing Dates are showing as May 5th 2005 for Vermont.
---- it is MAY 2004 , where did you read VSC processing Employement based I-485, May 2005??

However Priority Dates are still way back. What does this mean? Is USCIS still approving I-485 and issueing GCs irrespective of the Priority Dates?

I-485 Processing Dates and Priority Dates

Excuse me for the typo - I meant the processing dates for I-485 are May 2004 not May 2005. But still my question remains same - Is USCIS isueing GCs irrespective of Priority Dates?

paragdighe said:
Excuse me for the typo - I meant the processing dates for I-485 are May 2004 not May 2005. But still my question remains same -

Is USCIS isueing GCs irrespective of Priority Dates?
--NO

paragdighe said:
The I-485 Processing Dates are showing as May 5th 2005 for Vermont. However Priority Dates are still way back. What does this mean? Is USCIS still approving I-485 and issueing GCs irrespective of the Priority Dates?

No. The processing dates for I-485s and priority dates are totally different.

VSC is approving I-485s that were filed in 2004. Often times these I-485s have priority dates that are 1-3 years before the I-485 was filed. As an exmple, my priority date was in 2000, but my I-485 was filed one year later.

processing and priority dates

to make it more clear....

USCIS is processing applications with notice date May 5,2004 and whose priority dates are on or before 1 Jun 2002.

So in order for your application to be processed now your priority date has to be before Jun 1,2002 and the notice date around May 5,2004.

Hope this helps to understand.

bottomline

here is bottomline

if your PD is current and 485 filed on or before May 5, 2004 in VSC then you are good to go.

Inquiry

NSC 485 processing date: 01-Jan-2003.
PD for April: < 01-Apr-02.

My 485 RD: 01-Nov-2002
PD: 21-Mar-2002

I contacted USCIS and made an inquiry. They told me to wait for 30 days before I can do follow-up again.

With this situation, is it advisable to go to senator now or should I wait for 30 days and if no reply, then go to senator?

Thanks

nsc_green_card said:
NSC 485 processing date: 01-Jan-2003.
PD for April: < 01-Apr-02.

My 485 RD: 01-Nov-2002
PD: 21-Mar-2002

I contacted USCIS and made an inquiry. They told me to wait for 30 days before I can do follow-up again.

With this situation, is it advisable to go to senator now or should I wait for 30 days and if no reply, then go to senator?
---- go to congressman or senator office, they also take the time to get update
Thanks

Hello Mohit
Its hard to predict. Since its June 2002 present, you have only 5 months
to go. But DOS said dates wont move this year to either side.( PD may go
backwards too). But new visas for nurses people r expecting to go the dates
to move forward.

thx
babu

sbabunle said:
Hello Mohit
Its hard to predict. Since its June 2002 present, you have only 5 months
to go. But DOS said dates wont move this year to either side.( PD may go
backwards too). But new visas for nurses people r expecting to go the dates
to move forward.

thx
babu

Babu,
Where did you got this information. If this information is correct, then there will be no movement for PD till Sept 2005 ?
So the PD will move in October 2005 as it will be a start of new year.

is this correct

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Petition to advance eb3 and eb2 priority dates

Friends,

If you are frustrated by the fact that the government is giving away gcs/citizenships to others while we highly skilled professionals wait indefinitely for our gcs, then please click on the below link and sign the petition.

If we succeed in getting 25,000 signatures before 12/14/2012, the Obama administration will be forced to take action.

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pe...d-eb3-priority-dates-india-and-china/Bm9zqfdP

Forward this to ALL you friends. Let us make this happen.

Thanks
JSR