I-485 denied. SOS to all the experts

DOS publishes for India and China and any other coutry too?

what is the current website? I did not know about priority date vs.
RD.

LGC could u give details

Is ur case Family or Employment based
which center -NSC/VSC/TSC/CSC
MD/RD/ND/AP/EAD/FP details
what does AVM say for I-485 application
what does ur attorney say
have u recd the notice

Please write details because people can only help if u provide details about ur case

Reapplied again

Hi Folks,

I sent fax but INS asked me to reapply again.

So I applied again in first week of Jan and got
notices in the second week.

INS is very ridiculous and unfair!!!!

I applied for the 8th year H1B also.

I am now keeping my fingers crossed.

I would suggest who are in the similar situation
to withdraw their application ASAP and reapply.
Why waste invaluable time!!!!!

If I had seen a similar case like this before
4-5 months ago I would have opted to re-apply
and do a pro-active action.

Regards,
THE SUFFER

No Title

GC237

I went through the same thing.

INS fooled me by approving EAD, AP etc and giving A#
just to deny the AOS because of 72 hrs.

I am under huge stres.

How did you do for your case?

On 29/02, my friend got the same denial only filing I485 early one
day. He is doing reapplying now. How about your case? Did you
reapply your I485? Your information will be appreciated.

I am not refiling EOM

I expect a decision on my case within three months. In spite of my repeated postings I still have not seem a single rejection posting for VSC. Only one person kindAnil has posted details about his case and he I believe is CSC.

Believe in God and good and work hard everything shall be right.

Good luck to everyone.

GoPats : Stay strong

I am from CSC applied 10 days before my pd became current, and got the approval.

Listen to everyone, take your own decission

Good Luck

re:INS rejected

Does anyone knows that is there any other case which got rejected other than filing earilier such as criminal charges?Thanks in advance!

Can employer cancel I-140?

I-485 details:
RD - 09/27/2001
ND - 11/23/2001
FP - 01/24/2002

I got my EAD recently. I have H1 validity till 19th of March.

My employer started layoffs. I am not sure when I will get my turn?

What is the deal with cancellations of I140. Can the employer cancel I-140? What are the consequences I have to face?

Should I get H1 extension to be on the safe side?

Thanks for your input in advance.

Hello Friends Look in to this - what INS website says about Premature Filing

I read in some of the private websites about this matter. Even the INS official website also says that premature applications will be rejected, manual rejection, immediately after receiving from mail room.Go through the following:
===================================================
How We Process Your Application at a Service Center:
Normal Processing:

The first step is the receipt of mail. Mail is generally opened within twenty-four hours of receipt. The majority of mail arrives on Monday (40%) and Friday (20%). The other three days of the week share an equal amount of mail. Because of the volume of mail arriving on the two busiest days, sending a case via express mail to arrive on either of those days does not ensure faster processing. The lower volumes of mail arriving on Tuesdays means that the mail is usually opened by Tuesday evening.

Applications are stamped with the time and date of physical receipt, not the time and date they are actually opened. Mail with fees enclosed is routed immediately to mail assembly. Cases that are filed prematurely (before the applicant was eligible or met the legal criteria) or that were filed on an outdated form are prepared for manual rejection at this point. Cases lacking proper signature or correct fee are identified for system rejection.

http://www.ins.usdoj.gov/graphics/fieldoffices/scnational/
==================================================================
Comments please.

INS will deny the case as soon as they detect the error

If they detect the error in the mail room, they will reject the case at that point. If it is received in, it will be denied when they get to it. It is not the responsibility of INS to ensure that people do not submit applications before they are eligible to do so. Whoever is submitting the case must realize the eligiblity requirements and not submit the case even one day before they are eligible to do so.

The confusion here result (at least in my opinion) from the fact that the Visa Bulletin (which provides Priority Dates) is published around the 15th of the month before the dates take effect. The dates do not take effect until the beginning of the next month (for example, the visa bulletin for April 2002 will be published around March 15 2002, but the dates will not take effect until APRIL 1, 2002).

Jim

James D. Mills
Attorney at Law
jdmills@justice.com
732-644-5702

What is my mistake?

I pay immigration lawyers big bucks to process my GC. I do not even blame the person. Its a small error which we must be able to correct by paying a small fine.

Actually second error was committed my INS. They should have returned the application from the mailing room itself!! Actually I called and spoke with IIO, She told me I should be OK after I explained my situation.

I do not understand INS logic:
A person can actually commit a INS violation stay illegally and still get approved for GC(245i). But there is no way I can fix this error.

No wonder there are one/two year waits for processing. If I get rejected I will have to redo 485/EAD/AP/Finger Printing/Medical.

Just wanted to share some of my thoughts. If I get rejected I am going to send a letter to Senator and the INS commissioner and let him know my INS experience.

Next couple of months I am going to be very anxious. I pray to God that a sane person looks at my case.

Filing before you were eligible to do so

You filed an I-485 before you were eligible to do so. INS\' error does not mean that you didn\'t make a mistake. Some errors can be corrected by calling INS, others require payment of an additional fee to waive the violation, and others cannot be correct at all. I really don\'t wee how that\'s so difficult to understand. In fact, I\'m fairly certain you understand it, you just don\'t like it.

It may be a small error but when dealing with INS details are important.

Jim

James D. Mills
Attorney at Law
jdmills@justice.com
732-644-5702