I-485 denied. SOS to all the experts

life is not all about GC - there is more to life than GC - relax & do what needs to be done

Relax..consult a good attorney and do what needs to be done..we have lived 25-30 years happily without GC, so another year or so does not mean end of life..

I am in similar situation,

I called up and spoke with an IIO. She said "I would sit tight right now. Everything is going smoothly with your case, someone should me adjudicating your case in 4 months. Happy holidays"

She was very nice on the phone but everything depends on the person who picks up my file.

My attorney says the same thing. My company is supportive and says if something happens we will appeal.

I am not very encouraged but I have decided not to do anything and wait for approval.

Isn\'t it strange that a person who commits an immigration violation can pay a penalty and have his case approved, but a person who does not do anything wrong has his case rejected because the paralegal is a moron!!!

Aking007 I would appreciate any updates you have and wish you the best. Going by the reasoning above you should be able to appeal the decision and win the appeal.

Good luck.

Don\'t worry be happy.

I know it is difficult to go through what you are undergoing at present. My belief is that everything will happen and happen in course of time. As Dey said your life is not destroyed by this denial. You still have options of appeal or reapplication. It will happen if you believe it will. It was as much their mistake as it is yours. They ought to have sent it when you applied so it could be corrected then itself. My prayers are with you and I am sure you will come out of it successfully.

No Title

Guys I am also on the same boat, my application reached INS before 10 days. What are the options I have? Expert help really appriciated.

Got the AP/EAD and waiting for FP. 190days already I485.

Thanks

what exactly do u mean by not filing when date is not current

what do u mean by 72 hours, I thought all lawyers filed 485 when the date was current, what does this mean, what kinda of mean law is this anyway, I am sorry for u man, just 72 hours, they are really terrible dont know what to say,but hope is there, keep hoping and praying

Let me explain

Every month DOS Visa bulletin comes out 15 to 20 days early. Visa bulletin for July 2001 came out on 14th June. It says so on the bulletin itself.

What I and I suppose many did not know is that we are supposed to send our 485 application in July NOT June. My attorneys also did not know that. They mailed my application on 27th June and it reached INS on 28th June. Thats the RD(Receipt Date) for my application. The important part is that my Priority Date(PD) was not current on June 28th(The Visa bulletin said it WILL become current on July 1). So what can happen is that when an officer looks at my application and he sees 28th June as my receipt date, he CAN reject it saying that it was filed when my PD was NOT current. This is what happened with kingAnil007.

Now INS could have rejected the application when they opened it. But they waited for a year and then rejected it.

I would request kingAnil007 to please post on what he is going to do.

same situation here

My friend just got a denial notice for 485 application because the receipt date is 2 days earlier that the date that his priority date become current. The denial letter also said he can not appeal the case.

Alndian, could you tell me exactly what the lawyer did to resolve the issue?

Thanks in advance!

Did you get A# in your 485 receipt notice, kingAnil007?

Your case should be current if you got A#. Can you check that? You know, A# is only assigned to a case whose PD comes to current.

Thanks

I am in the same boat, application reached few days earlier, got AP/EAD/FP

Dont know what to do ... any suggestions? already 200 days in I485

What can be done

This is what I saw in Murthy\'s chat page this morning (chat date 1/21)
Hope this helps

Chat User : If one applies for AOS before his date becomes current, what is the possibility of denial?

Attorney Murthy : Very high chance the AOS will be denied. Best bet may be to file a new AOS when the PDs are current and then withdraw the wrongly filed case which is almost certainly going to be denied by the INS.

From www.murthy.com (Chat transcript dated: Jan 21, 2002)

Quote:

Chat User : If one applies for AOS before his date becomes current, what is the possibility of denial?

Attorney Murthy : Very high chance the AOS will be denied. Best bet may be to file a new AOS when the PDs are current and then withdraw the wrongly filed case which is almost certainly going to be denied by the INS.

End Quote.

Hope this helps.

I think the suggestion by Attorney Murthy makes sense, if there is a possibility of making a new AOS application and withdrawing an old one (which I believe, exists).

I suggest the affected immediately discuss the options with a competent attorney to minimize the damage.

Sorry mspwait

Sorry mspwait, for repeating your post; I read your message after I posted my message.

urgent help

Today I call INS. They said my case try to deny.
Please help me.
my case PD 04/1998
RD01/15/02