I-485 Cases Transferred from CSC to TSC Tracker

A simple question.

Hi Guys,

Just got a simple question. After your case was transferred to TXC, did you get a new case number instead of the old WACXXX-XXX-XXXX? If you did, how long did it take to have it? Is it reflected in the online status message?

My I-485 case was just transferred to TXC on 06/15/2006. Got a letter on 06/15/2006 and online message change saying that my case was transferred on 06/14/2006.

Nothing happened after that.

Thanks a lot for your kind help in advance.

Hi Xibeilang,
I tried to contact USCIS today and got to talk to a customer service rep but she only read the message showing in the website for me.
Could you tell how you contact a rep in TSC? I would appreciate.
Thanks

how to call texas center

here is what i did

1. dial : 1(800)375-5283. then 1-2-6-1
2. then input a "fake" src # (like SRC0509551754 )
3. confirm by dial 1
4. listen the status message
5. dial 3
6. dial 4
7. give your real wac #

asdfgh65 said:
NIW2005Wait,

What number you called or how did you reach the nice lady?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Another_imm/GCsomewhere,

I just call 1-800-375-5283, then follw audio instruction, then I got a rep. come out. She is really very nice person and has checked and answered all questions I asked.

The way to call is similar with NIW2005wait, only step 2 I used WAC#

1. dial : 1(800)375-5283. then 1-2-6-1
2. then input your real number WAC#
3. confirm by press 1
4. listen the status message
5. then press 3
6. press 4, then wait about 1-2 min, rep. come out
7. give your wac # again to rep., they will ask your name to comfirm that is your case.

BTW, NIW2005wait, thanks a lot.

another_imm said:
Hi Xibeilang,
I tried to contact USCIS today and got to talk to a customer service rep but she only read the message showing in the website for me.
Thanks

another_imm said:
Hi Xibeilang,
Thanks

What does it mean..

Hello All,
Can any one tell me what it means....When will the new visa numbers be issued.
My case is EB2 with PD is Dec31, 2002. Till last month, it was Jan01,2003. Now, it is unavailable. So, what does it mean. When do they issue the new set of visa numbers?. Is it at the time of approval or when ?

sodo said:
August 2006 - Visa Bulletin is out today

http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/b...letin_2978.html

For India
EB1 1JAN06 (did not change )
EB2 U (back to unavailable, Looks like this is the reason why we are stuck)
EB3 01APR01 (moved back 15 days)

Sri_know said:
Hello All,
Can any one tell me what it means....When will the new visa numbers be issued.
My case is EB2 with PD is Dec31, 2002. Till last month, it was Jan01,2003. Now, it is unavailable. So, what does it mean. When do they issue the new set of visa numbers?. Is it at the time of approval or when ?

Read the following article:
http://www.murthy.com/nflash/nf_071706.html

Hello all,
I too talked to the sweet lady in Texas a while ago and came to know that my case has been in Name check since 10/21/2005.
On asking how soon it could get cleared, the lady said it could take as long as 2 years and it could get cleared in a few days too. She said it all depends on FBI's progress in getting the Name Check cleared.

So I think most of us are in the same boat. Lets all hope to get our NC's cleared ASAP.

Hans said:
Hello all,
I too talked to the sweet lady in Texas a while ago and came to know that my case has been in Name check since 10/21/2005.
On asking how soon it could get cleared, the lady said it could take as long as 2 years and it could get cleared in a few days too. She said it all depends on FBI's progress in getting the Name Check cleared.

So I think most of us are in the same boat. Lets all hope to get our NC's cleared ASAP.

Hello all,

I also talked with a lady in TSC. My name check is pending . My wife's name check is cleared. My name check is initiated on 10/12/05.

Looks like all the waiters in this forum with current PD is on the same boat :(

We will see the light soon.

Called TSC

Hi Guys,

Thanks to Xibeilang and NIW2005Wait I got to talk to a customer rep in TSC. They told me that my case has been assigned to an officer and I should hear something in 30 to 60 days.
When I asked about the name check status, she told me that in most cases the name check is cleared when the case gets assigned to an officer.
Has anyone else got a similar answer? Or I didn't ask the right question to get a clear answer on the name check status for me & my wife.

Thanks.

Although I hope the message you got is true, I don't believe it. When I talked to the officer in local office, he also told me my case was assigned to an office under review. But I asked him specifically for name check status, and I saw him search in the computer, and then told me name check is still pending. In you inquiry I think the operator is lazy to go further step, she just "assume"

I wonder why we saw so many pending NC recently. According to published data, there is only ~1% hit by name check which need to go through manual review. But for those pending cases, 56% take more than 6 months, and 36% take more 1 year.

We should all contact senate or congressman to pressure FBI. They only have 12 staff to handle name checks (not only from USCIS) and currently have ~150,000 cases piled there. Some of you may know that there is a bill proposed last month in congress to allocate more resources to FBI name check department. But unfortunately it failed the vote because it require reallocate some funding from other departments. Again, everything is money, money, money. If allowed, I can pay more to expedite my case. By the way, name check is a pay service.

another_imm said:
Hi Guys,

Thanks to Xibeilang and NIW2005Wait I got to talk to a customer rep in TSC. They told me that my case has been assigned to an officer and I should hear something in 30 to 60 days.
When I asked about the name check status, she told me that in most cases the name check is cleared when the case gets assigned to an officer.
Has anyone else got a similar answer? Or I didn't ask the right question to get a clear answer on the name check status for me & my wife.

Thanks.

no new message after I phone the 800 number

a lady is very nice to tell me that my case is in Processing, the delay is normal,because my case transfer from CSC to TSC, it need take 180 days, then I can start a request
my I485 is transfered to TSC on March 29,2006, I filed on OCT,01,2005.
MY PD day is March,2004. EB2 RIR
anybody similar to my case get approved ?

Wrong PD

I have two priority dates, one from my previous employer's I-140 approval notice (11/2000) and one with my current employer Labor Certificate (07/2002), when my current employer filed I-140 on 08/2005, he requested USCIS to capture the earlier priorty date 11/2000 using a copy of the I-140 approval notice. but when i received the I-140 approval notice for the current employer, it doesn't have my earlier Priorty date. instead it shows 07/2002.

My current lawyer says, the I-140 shows the correct PD. he says if they recapture, it won't show in the I-140 approval notice but it will be in my I-485 application file. Is it correct? if not, how can i correct this, is it easy procedure?

LUD on I485 - No Message update

Got an LUD on I485 without any message update. I think this means they looked at my case !! Any idea whats next???

EB1, PD Current, I140 Approved 6/27
I485 - ND 10/5/2005, Tfer to CSC 3/22

Approved

Thanks Hans.. Good news for me :

FINALLY my I485 case was approved last week:

"This case has been approved. On July 21, 2006, an approval notice was mailed. If 30 days have passed and you have not received this notice, you may wish to verify or update your address."

Here are my details:

vijayny
EB = 1, MultiNational Manager
I485 RD = 09/28/2005
I485 ND = 10/07/2005
Date of FP = 12/2005
Priority Date (PD) = 10/2005
I140 Approval date = 06/23/06
I-485 LUD = 05/22/2006, 7/17, 7/21 (Approval)

This forum has been of wonderful and great support for me while waiting for the approval !! I wish everyone good luck.

Congrats Again Vijay. I can see the smile on your face and also the sense of contentment. :)

Happy for you.

congrats!!

vijayny said:
Thanks Hans.. Good news for me :

FINALLY my I485 case was approved last week:

"This case has been approved. On July 21, 2006, an approval notice was mailed. If 30 days have passed and you have not received this notice, you may wish to verify or update your address."

Here are my details:

vijayny
EB = 1, MultiNational Manager
I485 RD = 09/28/2005
I485 ND = 10/07/2005
Date of FP = 12/2005
Priority Date (PD) = 10/2005
I140 Approval date = 06/23/06
I-485 LUD = 05/22/2006, 7/17, 7/21 (Approval)

This forum has been of wonderful and great support for me while waiting for the approval !! I wish everyone good luck.

congrats, vijayny. My 140 was approved last week. Mine and my wife's 485 LUD was 5/22 after my wife's FP was done on 5/17 and was not updated since then. Hopefully, our cases are approved soon.

DocPC,

EB2/RIR/CA PD:10/03
140/485/765/131 ND 11/29/05
140/485 to TSC 3/23/06
140 approved 7/18/06
FP done 4/20/06 (self), 5/17/06 (wife)
485 LUD 5/22/06