I-485 Asylee Case Transfered to Anaheim Asylum Office

petertherock77

Registered Users (C)
Dear Forum,

I need help with my case. I made an info pass appiontment today and I was told that my case was transfered from the Texas Service Center to the Local Asylum Office here in Anaheim where I live. I am curious! What does this mean? Is this a good sign or it raises some concern.

Please forum, I need your input.

Thanks...

We need more info about your case:

1. Whats the timeline of your case
2. Did you divorce from the principal asylee? Are you a dependent of the principal and over 21?

It maybe just a routinary interview... or it maybe a review of your case... But mostly are nunc pro tunc...

Hi thank you for your reply. I am the principal Asylee.
AS1
ND: 02/09/2005
FP: 04/21/2005
TRANSFER FROM NSC-TSC: 01/18/2006
TRANFER FROM TSC-SEATTLE: 12/22/2006
TRANSFER FROM SEATTLE-NBC: 1/20/2007
TRANSFER FROM NBC-TSC: 02/09/2007
RFE: 03/31/2007
FP: 03/31/2007
BIO: 04/28/2007
RFE REC'D BY TSC: 04/19/2007
UPDATE: 05/01/2007
TRANSFER FROM TSC-ANAHEIM ASYLUM OFFICE: 11/01/2007.

Please can you advice me on what the transfer to the asylum office means. Is it an interview or something else.

Thanks.

Hi thank you for your reply. I am the principal Asylee.
AS1
ND: 02/09/2005
FP: 04/21/2005
TRANSFER FROM NSC-TSC: 01/18/2006
TRANFER FROM TSC-SEATTLE: 12/22/2006
TRANSFER FROM SEATTLE-NBC: 1/20/2007
TRANSFER FROM NBC-TSC: 02/09/2007
RFE: 03/31/2007
FP: 03/31/2007
BIO: 04/28/2007
RFE REC'D BY TSC: 04/19/2007
UPDATE: 05/01/2007
TRANSFER FROM TSC-ANAHEIM ASYLUM OFFICE: 11/01/2007.

Please can you advice me on what the transfer to the asylum office means. Is it an interview or something else.

Thanks.

One more question: is this an AOS case?

I have seen other members getting an interview in local service centers, but never in the asylum office...
I think it just maybe a routinary interview and an approval... in the worst case it maybe a review of your asylum case...
Try to get a lawyer just in case...

best of luck,

my case is same

hi
i have same position like you .i applied for 485 in june 2005 at nbc after that my case was transfered to texas service center .i completed my medical and fingerprints with them after that my case was transferd to sanfrancisco asylum office .it's been like more than 1 year i did'nt hear from them . i keep calling them and went to my congressman now only thing they send is a letter that they are doing background check on my case and try to give my after six more months please share your exp with me or email @ sukhipatiala@yahoo.com

hi
i have same position like you .i applied for 485 in june 2005 at nbc after that my case was transfered to texas service center .i completed my medical and fingerprints with them after that my case was transferd to sanfrancisco asylum office .it's been like more than 1 year i did'nt hear from them . i keep calling them and went to my congressman now only thing they send is a letter that they are doing background check on my case and try to give my after six more months please share your exp with me or email @ sukhipatiala@yahoo.com

WAIT foR iT
Thats Norml dont Rush

Hi can someone tell me exactly where my I-485 file is

I received this e-mail from USCIS on April 7, 2008

Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS Current Status: This case has been sent to another office for processing because it has jurisdiction over the case. On April 7, 2008, we transferred this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS to our TEXAS SERVICE CENTER location for processing because they now have jurisdiction over the case. We sent you a notice of this transfer. Please follow any instructions on this notice. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. We process cases in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done. This case has been sent to our TEXAS SERVICE CENTER location. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register. If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision from USCIS within the current processing time listed*, please contact USCIS Customer Service at (800) 375-5283.

Then on April 11,2008 I receive this e-mail from them...

Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS Current Status: This case is now pending at the office to which it was transferred. The I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS was transferred and is now pending standard processing at a USCIS office. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address. We process cases in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done, counting from when USCIS received it. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. To receive e-mail updates, follow the link below to register. If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision from USCIS within the current processing time listed*, please contact USCIS Customer Service at (800) 375-5283.

So is my file at TSC or at my local USCIS office? I have an infopass on Friday to check on my case because my attorney mentioned to me that my case is outside the processing time. I filed in September 2005. My attorney suggested that if they still say additional review then we can go ahead and sue them.

I am in the same boat. Case trasnfered to the Chicago asylum office since sept 2006. Applied for GC in 2003, Granted asylum in 2002. I had done 2 sets of fingerprints and medicals. Contacted congressman(made numerous inquiries)......no answer from INS. Filled out DHS 7001......was told some cases take longer than others. Hired a lawyer.....case under review (including backgound check, police check, name check, fraud check...ect everything possible) I received a letter from USCIS saying if you did not hear from us in 12 months call customer service. No definite answer.
Good luck

egragjevi...

I personally have decided that after September 28, 2008 that I will file a writ of mandamus against USCIS. This will be my 3rd year waiting for my green card. My case is under extended review at this point but my fbi name check and fingerprints are cleared already. I contacted congresswoman, ombudsman and numerous e-mails to TSC and no results yet for me. It all says extended review and I am fed up. My 3 year mark is this coming september and i even sent FOIPA today in the mail. I do not think that USCIS is going to do anything with my case unless they are forced by a judge. It will cost me money, but this is money that I am willing to spend to get them to do something about my case! Good luck!

Well, I have been waiting since 2003. I should have been approved yet or at least so I think.
Why do you think I should wait, just wondering.

Well, I have been waiting since 2003. I should have been approved yet or at least so I think.
Why do you think I should wait, just wondering.

You should wait because the writ of mandamus won't really accelerate your case. You may spend $$$ for nothing back. Maybe I am wrong.