I-485 approved

I just got an email saying "Card production ordered" for me and my spouse! :) I am sooo excited :)

Congrats. Enjoy your freedom.
Its good to see people who were waiting too long getting approved.
It also shows that the 6 month processing time they write on the USCIS site is not true.

Congratulations!!!

I just got an email saying "Card production ordered" for me and my spouse! :) I am sooo excited :)

Congratulations deena_etc. It is really a wonderful new year gift for you. Good luck in all your endeavors.

Congratulations deena_etc. It is a good start to the new year for you. Do you know when your NC was cleared? Was there any LUDs on your 485 before approval?

L

Thanks for the wishes and all of the replies to my many questions on this forum! Hope all of you have a Happy New Year :)

Ludhianvi, my name check was cleared on 10/25/07 and I had two LUDs on 12/18 and 12/19 with no change in status. Then I had a LUD on 01/02 when my I-485 was approved. Hope you and the others who are waiting get your green cards soon :)

Congrats!
Can someone please clarify this for me:
1) How can we check if the NC is cleared?
2) If NIW linked 140 and EAD are approved, can I leave the job and remain on EAD or continue part time on my EAD. Will this affect my 485? I need to know the answers to these questions as I have some other personal commmitment.

Thank you.

1) Get an INFOPASS appointment and ask.
2) Yes and no. You should continue working in the same field, but otherwise its ok.

Thank you nscagaony!

So you mean to say that i can resign my current job, stay legally on EAD without working and still can wait for a decision on 485?

Is there a chance that USCIS can ask for employment verification while making NIW linked 485 decision?

Is there any particular phone number for infopass for NSC?

NO! You can't quit your job. You can switch to a similar job, but your NIW is contingent upon you actually continuing to work in that field. For INFOPASS just go to the USCIS website. You can get appointments with the nearest field office online.

Thanks nscagony!
I am aware of the fact I can switch to similar job. Well, I wanted to know if I can take off from work. If I cant leave the job, can I work part time in the same/similar job using my EAD instead of full time with pending I-485.