I-485 Approved, Need Biometrics

tahito

Registered Users (C)
Here's what my I-485 approval letter says (4/17/06):

Your application has been approved. Prior to receiving your permanent resident card you may be required to report for biometrics processing. Please do not take any action at this time. If you are required to report for this processing, you will receive another notice advising you of the date, time and location to appear.

If you have not received your permanent resident card or the above mentioned notice to appear for biometrics processing within 90 days, please call this office at the number listed below.

What's another way I can get fingerprinted without waiting for the letter. I have to leave the country for emergency.

485 approved

Hi tahito,
Sorry have no good answer for you. Just called Vermont and the lady told me to just wait for the appointment. It could be as long as 2 months for them to send it. And she also told me that one can't go for biometrics without appointment. But I saw in an earlier thread that somebody got their passport stamped by claiming they had to go out of the country and that their job required it. You may be able to take an INFOPASS appointment and explain your case and they might stamp it for you. No guarantees though.

hellomass

Its alright. I called vermont and they told me to keep waiting and to make an appt with infopass to get my passport stamped to travel. So I made an appt for 3/19 to speak to an officer to get my passport stamped. Let's see what happens.

Thanks

hellomass said:
Hi tahito,
Sorry have no good answer for you. Just called Vermont and the lady told me to just wait for the appointment. It could be as long as 2 months for them to send it. And she also told me that one can't go for biometrics without appointment. But I saw in an earlier thread that somebody got their passport stamped by claiming they had to go out of the country and that their job required it. You may be able to take an INFOPASS appointment and explain your case and they might stamp it for you. No guarantees though.

hellomass

Are you all referring to finger printing (FP) or biometrics for picture ?

Did you ever have FP done earlier ?

Thanks !

tahito said:
Its alright. I called vermont and they told me to keep waiting and to make an appt with infopass to get my passport stamped to travel. So I made an appt for 3/19 to speak to an officer to get my passport stamped. Let's see what happens.

Thanks

Are you saying you are having to go for biometrics, after approval because your FP expired ?

If so, does that mean FP need not be current for USCIS to approve 485 ?

My 485 is approved also, but am wondering if I will receive another biometrics notice (not for FP but just picture + signature, I think) for the card to be produced.

Any information is appreciated !

tahito said:
My FP expired in April, I did my first biometrics 15 months ago.

Yes, my I-485 was approved with biometrics. Last I went was 15 months ago. I have to go again to get my card. I have to wait for the letter.

We did the same thing in April

My husband's and mine cases have been approved March 20, we called Vermont and told them we needed biometrics ASAP, they told us to wait or to make an appmt with infopass to get our pasports stamped. When we went to local Immiftation office where they refused to stamp our pp because we needed biometrics done first (stupid people, refer to each other) :mad: . Our work authorizations will expire june 8th, and the superviser in the local office told us to come to see her if we don't receive biometrics appmt notice before june 7th, then she will stamp our passports. My hasband already had his biometrics done and received his GC a week after that, and I still wait for biometrics appointment. I guess I will have to go to the office in june 7th just like the superviser told us too, but doubt it will help. I don't know what to do.

Tahito, please let us know what were the results when you went to local office. Thanks!

Yeah I don't understand why I now have to wait for biometrics. But I'll post here the result of my visit to the office next friday.

my GC Approved, Is the card I received a temporary card

Hi,

Today I recieved my GC plastic card and also an approval letter for my 485. Is this the temporary card or a permanent one? How can I get my Passport stamped? How can I get my permanent card?

thanks in advance

They might be permanent

They are permanent I think. Hearty congratulations!!! Can you post your details?

phani78 said:
Hi,

Today I recieved my GC plastic card and also an approval letter for my 485. Is this the temporary card or a permanent one? How can I get my Passport stamped? How can I get my permanent card?

thanks in advance

Here are my details you asked for

Thanks for your reply. Why do I have to get something stamped in my passport? How can I do that? Please let me know.

Hete is the info you asked for

Labor PD : Feb 99
140 Applied : Aug 2005
140 Approved : Sep 2005
485 Applied : Jan 2006
EAD/AP Approved : Mar 2006
FingerPrinting : April 2006
485 Approved : May 2006

Every 485 apporval letter has standard biometrics language

HI,

Is it true that every 485 approval notice letter has these words "you may be required to do biometrics before you get your card"

Please confirm.

how did it go?

hi tahito,
how did your stamping go? Also what local office did you go to?
thanks,
hellomass

tahito said:

Thanks

So I went Friday to the Newark office on Broad St. There were a couple of people there who wanted to get their passport stamped. The guy I was talking to was waiting for his green card in the mail but he wanted to get his passport stamped just in case they give him a hard time when he return to the US. I didn't get mine stamped because they told me I had to wait for the biometrics appointment. I told the lady that I called customer service and they told me to come here but she didn't believe me. Basically they just don't stamp passports anymore. Unless you need to travel because of your job or there's a family emergency where you would have to bring a doctor's letter.

It sucks because my case is approved yet I still can't travel.

Are we in the same boat?

Are we in the same boat?

We did our interview in May 05. Our PD will be current June 1st. My FP are 22 months old.

What is next?

They told me the same thing in the local office, that I had to wait for biometrics appointment notice by mail. My husband was very insistent and the officer gave her name and told us to come one day before our work permits will expire so she will stamp our passports. My husband won't need to do that because he already got his CG but I am afraid that I will need and honestly I doubt that she will do anything, she just told us to come to get rid of us that day. :(