I-140 Tracking For People With Cp Option

Thanks, Krish

Hi Krish,
Thanks for your info. The attached document with your message is really very helpful. Thanks for your efforts to get it together. I would update my info at cptracker.com
I would be going to Mumbai consulate for an Interview. How about you? Are you from Mumbai?
Would love to have your personal email address as we are in same boat and you seems to have good helpful information about the whole process. I am still not able to figure out if my 140 was actually filed with CP option. My lawyer hasn't got the approval notice yet, so I will have to wait till that time.

Thanks once again.

Santosh Amradkar

Yes, I am from mumbai and now located in cincinnati, ohio.
PM me and from there we can be in touch

Last edited by a moderator:
for kdivekar/jkaipa/palstosh/stinker

hey guys,
this question is for any of you.. i'm curious if any of you spoke to an IIO at VSC before your 140 approvals?.. am wondering if that in any way helps speed the adjudication?
if you did speak with an IIO, could you please share:
1/ what did you ask/request
2/ what's a good time to call (I always get a busy-tone whenever I try calling during business hours)

zzzz_1976:

I called VSC about 5 times and managed to talk to IIO on 2 ocassions where I was told they could not provide me any information since my file was in my attorney's name and that I was not the beneficiary.

Question 1/ what did you ask/request
Answer: I requested the status and how long it would take but got the response mentioned above.

Question 2/ what's a good time to call (I always get a busy-tone whenever I try calling during business hours)
Answer:
* If you want to talk to IIO best time is try from 7:58am EST (since IIO office hours start at 8am EST) that is if you want to talk to IIO. Otherwise if you want the automated message then after 4pm EST is the best
* During business hours the push button for REDIAL on the phone is very helpful is what I realized. I used it a lot and worked well for me.

Just a free advice is that it may not be helpful (nor will it harm) talking to the IIO. But this is truly my opinion!

Krish

Good news

There is light at the end of the tunnel after all. Here's my information:

EB2
CP option
ND: 8/23/02
AD: 4/28/03

The long wait is finally over. On to the next step for me. Good luck to all of you who are still waiting. It will happen to you too!

Neverendingstory

ho ho ho congrats neverendingstory. The movie intermission is over and the climax begins! Welcome to the best part of the GC process better known as CP. Please feel free to put your details on cptracker.com so that we can follow each others progress closely. BTW...what consulate are you heading for?

CP Option

kdivekar,

It's a great relief! I will add my details to CP tracker. I am actually heading to Sweden... Hoping that there won't be too much delay there but you never know.

Finally I can stop worrying about whether I should have gone for CP Option or AOS. Now the benefits of CP option are clear to me...

Good luck to everyone else out there waiting. I do hope that Vermont is able to speed up processing now, it seems like there is more an more good news lately for many people.

aug-19 RD approved

EB3, CP
RD Aug-19-2002
AD Apr-30-2003
EAC 022655****

good luck to everyone waiting.

Good luck for further processing..

Can you post your Application date, Receipt Date, etc and whether is EB# substitution, etc??

Thanks.

All my friends who are getting approved please post your updates on cptracker.com preferrably using your username from immigration forum so that it is easy for all of us to identify whose who!

thanks,
Krish

Hi all,

My company has filed for my GC.
Labor (RIR) - Filed 2nd July 2001
I-140 (VSC) - Filed 26th August 2002 (I had asked for CP option in Feb)
Just yesterday I received a phone call from my HR saying that VSC has made a mistake and my application has gone for AOS. Can this happen? :confused:
On asking whether my I-140 has been approved or not, they said they were not aware, but confirmed today that I-140 has been approved! I am not as aware of the exact date.

Now, if I have to switch over to CP, it will take 2-3 more months. And full tenure of my work VISA is expiring in November. Is AOS the ONLY way? Or is it worth risking CP? Since the delay in processing has taken place due to error from VSC, can my legal status be extended till I get my interview call from India?

Can anyone shed any light?

Looking forward for a reply,
W_S_I_D :confused: