I-140 Tracking For People With Cp Option

gccp2003

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,
From the way things are on I-140 forums, it looks like its only the concurrent filers (I-140 + I-485) who are tracking I-140s. I would like to initiate a request for having a thread to track I-140 for people who have CP option.
There are stories going around that people who have CP option while filing I-140, it ll take a very long time for I-140 to get clear. This is just a rumour and there are no specifics given on this matter by any authority. I asked through my lawyer who informed me that there is no such rule. The only difference is that for concurrent filers, in order to approve their EAD and AP, INS does a preliminary verification of I-140 and thereafter the I-140 goes back to the queue. Please let us discuss if this is true or anybody else has heard otherwise.
Many people are switching to concurrent filing after observing the approvals of EADs for such cases. But there is no clarity on the subject of final 485 approval. It seems now 485 is taking an average or more than 18 months for approval. If this is true, the most valid reason for concurrent filing is the 6 month period after which one can change jobs.
All the above factors are open for discussion so that people who have CP option can have a clearer picture whether they should convert to 485 or stick to CP option. Also we need to discuss whether its really gonna take a longer time for people with CP option to get their 140 applications approved.
Lets start have this thread also for tacking the I-140 approvals for people with CP options. Thanks.

My Details for I-140:
MD : 08/01/2002
RD : 08/05/2002
AD : ????

GCCP2003

Great idea of this thread

Hi
I was also thinking for this thread.

Mine EB3
MD: 07/15/02
RD: 07/17/02
ND: 07/17/02
AD:?????

One of my friend got his 140 approved on 01/08 his ND was June 26/02 EAC02227xxxxx.
He applied for 485/EAD/AP in september, issued RFE for experience letter on 12/02/02 provided notarized copies on 12/18/02, GOT EAD cards on 12/19/02.

Another friends ND SAME as mine but he applied for 485/EAD/Ap in November and got 140 RFE on 12/23/02. EAC02242xxxxx.

I am now thinking to apply for concurrent if no action taken on 140 by Feb 15.

Good Luck to all.

Lets share your thoughts.

TK.

Great idea

Great idea. I have been reading on this board that only concurrent filers seem to be processed, but I have spoken to 2 immigration lawyers who assure me that there is no reson to believe that I-140 approval would be dramatically faster with concurrent processing. It is a very frustrating situation, since evidence on this discussion board seems to indicate differently.

My dates are:

Category: EB2
RD: 8/15/02 (approximately)
ND: 8/23/02
AD: ??

I also keep getting conflciting information regarding the time it takes between I-140 approval and Consulate interview in my country. Realizing this is dependent on the country, I would like to get some information about that if anyone has general information.

If we get enough traction on this discussion thread, I would love to participate. We'll need as many CP people as possible to contribute to this thread though, to give us the information we need.

RD :07/19/2002

Still waiting.............

Read in other threads that priority for INS is on concurrent filings than the cp otpion and inturn more delay for us.

Probably the processingtimes report for January from INS may give an indication.....

Should not be a difference

I talked to my immigration lawyer today who tells me that there is definiely no difference in processing time. The only difference is that the I-485 is initiated sooner, but the actually approval of the I-140 is not faster.

More information from people with CP option would be very useful.

Yes we do need more participation in this thread, so that it gives us a fair idea whether we are in a problematic situation by having CP option or we need not worry.
As I said earlier, I have been informed that for concurrent filers the advantage is that 485 starts immediately. But their I-140 still remains in the queue with others.
We all would definitely want to know whether this is not the situation. And if it so, then it ll help us decide if we too wanna jump in the 485 bandwagon.

We want to Know

HI,

I am confuse too with concurrent and cp...

Filed for CP (rd 07/15/02) EB1C mumbai....

I am thinking for around 2 weeks to file 485/ead/ap but told by Jim to wait (whereby my lawyer told to file concurent immediately).
I have completed 6months of wait time on I140 and now thinks to wait little more as If my I140 is process, the CP will take 3 months to be done....whereby 485 may take another 12-18 months...

Lets see what Happens ...I also think because of holiday season the processing gets much slower during the fourth quater and gains some speed in first quater....So I hope of good for all of us who have been spending so much time on immigration issues creating a hole in our professional progress......

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

people give some hope put their I140 with Cp updates on this tracker.

Thanks

I think we're ok

I think that there is no difference in I140 processing time, and that in the case of AOS, the I140 is put back in the queue so that the net result is no difference. When you think about it, the I485 is sort of the "critical path" anyways. As long as our I140 is not slowed down, there should be no reason for us to change to AOS. We might just need to be patient.

I have a question: The delay between I140 AD and information reaches the consulate is about 2 months. Then, what is the delay until interview? If the whole process is to take 3 months, this means that the interview is scheduled within 1 month after the information reaches the consulate. That seems very optimistic. I was expecting that we have another 6 months once the I140 is approved. Anyone has any idea about this?

Information needed

If you have selected CP option, could you post your details here? We would love to find out what the real progress on these cases are.

Regards
-neverendingstory

I-140 (EB-3, No RIR, Substitute Labor)
ND - 06/21
AD - ???

Still waiting for I-140 approval. Opted for CP.

I have been in the dilemma whether to opt for I-485. But I am not sure how the portability would work in case I need to look around for another job.

Any ideas?

Hi Guys:
Great job of starting this thread.
Here is my info:
MD:06/29/02
RD:08/01/02
ND:08/05/02
AD:?????
Even I am getting worried about what to do. I am feeling like I have waisted my six months. If I would have filed for concurrent 485 I would have god EAD by now. Still thinking what to do... If nothing happens on 140 frnot for another month of so will seriously think about 485 option.

Good Luck to all of you.

Wait guys

Hi all cp opters

Don't get confused with concurrent looking at EAD/AP......Imagine even If our 140 takes more a two month to get approved rather than concurrent filier .We r at advantage.........buz we can do ac140 at consulate get a interview in 2 months after 140 approval and be a greencard holder in 2-3 months after 140 approval... whereas If we file 485 now it might take more than 670 days as per processing time to become permanent resident which is real bullshit......

So hold on our time will come soon........

Please strengthen yourselves as I am backed by no 1 immigration attorney and he advises this to me a s a good friend of mine and also my client.

Jay bholo ganesh bhagwan ki!!!!!!!!!

Indian

Trying to think positive

But it's hard! I see no progress on I-140, and I also think that once I-140 is approved it can take at least 6 months to interview because all of the back and forth between the INS, the National Visa Center, and the Consulate. Nevertheless I think that CP option is faster...

Hi Guys,
Is there any update on the overall I-140 approvals?? Are I-140 of ppl with concurrent filing getting approved?? I dont care about the EAD or AP approvals, it doesnt mean a thing. The main point is whether ppl with concurrent filing are getting their I-140 approved. Also does anyone have any idea about the current processing time of 140 at Vermont?

Keep the faith guys.....

this is not a concurrent forum

HI Gcc

this is a cp opt forum and not a concurrent one....we are consular opt one and not concurrent filer.......So don't invite concurrenters here...

Indian

Vermont is moving slowly

The Jan 15 update from Vermont indicates the same dates as the December update. I think it is because they were too aggressive with the December update, and now they have to back track a little and report less aggressive dates.

I am pretty convinced there is not reason to believe that people with concurrent processing are getting apprived faster. It also seems like they assign cases to individual case officers that process and different pace, that's why we are seeing approval for a pretty wide date range.

In the past, Vermont INS has been VERY slow, until they suddenly eliminate the entire backlog in a month. That's what I am hoping for, and as far as I am concerned I am sticking it out with CP option. Maybe I will regret it, but I do believe it is the better choice.

Good luck to everyone in this forum. If you hear of any I-140's getting approved, please report here.

Hi Guys,
I am a new comer....I filled I-140 with CP. Here is my info
EB2/RIR
I-140 - RD 10/01/2002 ND ND 10/06/2002
AD - ?????????(only GOD knows)
with regards
Rajini

HI Indianexpert,
My intention was not to invite concurrent filers on this forum, instead I just wanted to know whether their 140s are getting approved before ours. Because many of us face the delimma of either sticking to CP or opting for concurrent filing. If I wouldnt be worried about CPers having their own thread, I wouldnt have started this thread in the first place!!!:)
So keep those updates coming. Are there any CPers who got their 140 approved recently??

Gccp2003

I 140 with Cp - Six Months and counting

Hello

Thanks to whoever started this Thread.

I filed for I 140 at Vermont on 08/01/02.

Notice Date : 08/03/02.

No news yet about I 140 approval.

I am confused as to how long it really takes to get a CP interview date.

My feeling is if it takes any less than 4-5 months - I should stick with the CP option.

Cheers

JK

I think it is beneficial to go with CP option . My details are as
under :
I-140 EB3

ND : 9/6/2002
AD : Waiting

Well as soon as I-140 is cleared you may take maximum of 6 months to get the green card . That is good as compared to still waiting to god knows how long .
Let us hope that our I-140 gets processed faster .
Wish good luck to all .