I-140 Staus

waiting4I140

Registered Users (C)
My ND 26th Sep, 2003. My company never gave me the EAC# for I-140. Few days back, when I asked if my I-140 is approved or not, they said they don't let the employee know what status it's in.

Is there any way to know the status?

Thanks
Waiting!

I can't think of any way to get it unless yours is the only case with that ND (in which case you could figure it out by probing the USCIS database I guess). As unfortunate as this situation is, the I-140 "belongs" to the sponsoring company...

Obviously if you get your I-485 approved (which does belong to you), you'll know the I-140 was approved...

From the trackers on this forum, you should have a pretty good idea of how many cases around yours have been approved (probably not too many so far).

I'm not sure whether, if you become eligible for AC21, the CIS will give you the number (but AC21 won't apply under the current rules if you end up in the concurrent adjucation queue if that ever gets going).

I'd wait until the VSC is processing I-140's with a ND that is at least 30 days past yours and maybe bug them again...

I can't believe that companies feel that they benefit from this shortsighted policy. Assuming you are a valued employee, they should be bending over backwards to keep you happy. Otherwise you'll just leave them as soon as you have your GC / are pretty sure the I-140 went through.

ETA

No right

Employer should have no right to keep that document. They should provide atleast copy of it.

Check wheather they really applied or not ... I wouldn't blindly believe employer for this kind of stuff ...

I am with you..

My Company also has a policy of not informing EAC# for I-140 to employee.
I have valid EAD,AP and also have copy of I-485 .
There was RFE in the last week of March 04 (regarding W-2) and it was replied and received in the same week (As per information from Attorney).
I can not check the current status of my I-140.
I have to ask attorney about the status and last update was on 29 April that "I-140 is not yet approved"
RD: I-140 11 October 2002 I-485 31-October 2002 (EB3)

Can I find out my I-140 EAC# using my Alien # (Its available on EAD)?

Another question I have is , is there a possibility of 2nd RFE?
Shyam

ShyamM said:
My Company also has a policy of not informing EAC# for I-140 to employee.
I have valid EAD,AP and also have copy of I-485 .
There was RFE in the last week of March 04 (regarding W-2) and it was replied and received in the same week (As per information from Attorney).
I can not check the current status of my I-140.
I have to ask attorney about the status and last update was on 29 April that "I-140 is not yet approved"
RD: I-140 11 October 2002 I-485 31-October 2002 (EB3)

Can I find out my I-140 EAC# using my Alien # (Its available on EAD)?

Another question I have is , is there a possibility of 2nd RFE?
Shyam
Your's should be easier than other case.

If you know date when 140 was filed(which you do), run the scanner for that date. Most likely there will be not more than 4-5 cases for which RFE was issued on same date(or reply recd date if lawyer has sent reply). Keep those numbers safely, one of the case is yours. Wait till all those cases are done. Then, after that, to verify number - use FOIA.

Post your scan result - nemesis may like to make use of it.

waiting4I140 said:
My ND 26th Sep, 2003. My company never gave me the EAC# for I-140. Few days back, when I asked if my I-140 is approved or not, they said they don't let the employee know what status it's in.

Thanks
Waiting!
Not 100%. But yes partially, if you have filed concurrently. Run scanner for that day. Capture every data for 140, 485, EAD and AP of that date. Now try to find out the closest case numbers to your 485, EAD and AP case number. Keep a range of those - in order - closers first.

Then try to track them selectively creating a profile. Most of the time(not always), what is reported is that if 485 is touched 140 is touched too(not vice versa). So, you can zero down to a narrower range. Keep watching those, once you feel confident that most of those are done - try FOIA.

And please post your scan results.

ETA-GC said:
I can't think of any way to get it unless yours is the only case with that ND (in which case you could figure it out by probing the USCIS database I guess). As unfortunate as this situation is, the I-140 "belongs" to the sponsoring company...

Obviously if you get your I-485 approved (which does belong to you), you'll know the I-140 was approved...

From the trackers on this forum, you should have a pretty good idea of how many cases around yours have been approved (probably not too many so far).

I'm not sure whether, if you become eligible for AC21, the CIS will give you the number (but AC21 won't apply under the current rules if you end up in the concurrent adjucation queue if that ever gets going).

I'd wait until the VSC is processing I-140's with a ND that is at least 30 days past yours and maybe bug them again...

I can't believe that companies feel that they benefit from this shortsighted policy. Assuming you are a valued employee, they should be bending over backwards to keep you happy. Otherwise you'll just leave them as soon as you have your GC / are pretty sure the I-140 went through.

ETA
ETA-GC - you are right - 140 belongs to employer but you are being represented by attorney too(by filling G-28), so you are client in a way. If one is desparate to find out case number, he/she may even complain about lawyer, if lawyer refuses to part with information. But this is very risky - I will not suggest anyone to risk your long wait for a number which you can find thru scanners(with a little chance of error).

Actually after running scanner and zeroing down to 2-3 cases, if your lawyer's office is dumbo(don't do with lawyer - for obvious reason) - call them and confirm it. Or even customer service is not bad(you can always say I forgot it, if it is mismatch). :D

Best of luck.

Jharkhandi said:
Not 100%. But yes partially, if you have filed concurrently. Run scanner for that day. Capture every data for 140, 485, EAD and AP of that date. Now try to find out the closest case numbers to your 485, EAD and AP case number. Keep a range of those - in order - closers first.

Then try to track them selectively creating a profile. Most of the time(not always), what is reported is that if 485 is touched 140 is touched too(not vice versa). So, you can zero down to a narrower range. Keep watching those, once you feel confident that most of those are done - try FOIA.

Jharkhandi,

I was under the impression that, you can file FOIA, even before your I140 is approved. is it not true?. It seems you have suggested that we have to file FOIA, after 140 is approved. Please shed some light on it.

Kishore_l said:
Jharkhandi,

I was under the impression that, you can file FOIA, even before your I140 is approved. is it not true?. It seems you have suggested that we have to file FOIA, after 140 is approved. Please shed some light on it.

You can file FOIA anytime - just to be on the safe side(after approval nothing can be done about it.), I would prefer after approval of reasonably good number of 140 cases.

There is no doubt about your statement - FOIA can be used anytime.

waiting4I140 said:

Thanks
Waiting!
Call the Customer Service number, if you are lucky and if your rep is little knowledgeable, they can take all your information's and confirm with you, whats the current status of it. They will not provide you with the EAC number. All they can answer is Yes or NO (Just like Banks) for verification, but they will not provide you any information. You may even ask them to transfer you to an immigration officer. This has worked for me and I was able to atleast confirm, it has been filed and the current status of it. All the best and let us know the outcome.

Jharkhandi said:

Thanks Jharkhandi

BTW how do I run scanner?

Waiting!

Search the scanner(fixed one by hmd or nemesis). It is Excel file.

I think hmd or nemesis did put a nice note on how to use it.

Can my employer know that I tried to know the status?

Kishore_l said:
Call the Customer Service number, if you are lucky and if your rep is little knowledgeable, they can take all your information's and confirm with you, whats the current status of it. They will not provide you with the EAC number. All they can answer is Yes or NO (Just like Banks) for verification, but they will not provide you any information. You may even ask them to transfer you to an immigration officer. This has worked for me and I was able to atleast confirm, it has been filed and the current status of it. All the best and let us know the outcome.

THANKS A LOT

Can my employer know that I tried to know my I-140 status?

Waiting!

waiting4I140 said:
THANKS A LOT

Can my employer know that I tried to know my I-140 status?

Waiting!
No, they cannot. None of this information's are going to be stored anywhere. All you are going to do is, just provide your information, company name blah blah and they will identify your case and confirm with you as who you are.Then you can ask them series of questions and all they can answer is "YES" or NO. At the end, may be request them to provide you with EAC, sometimes they do and sometimes they don't. But don't push for it. Try your luck. May be write down your questions before calling, so you won't miss anything.

Also Keep in mind, Most of the CIS rep's are dumb, some are little knowledgeable, some are rude and few are very knowledgeable. If you get stuck with either 1,3 or 4, hung up and call again. :).

FYI..................

If you are lucky and happen to speak with an Immigration officer, be little cautious. Also, your call to an officer is counted and logged. (Don't worry, they are not going to reveal it to anyone...may be an internal option to track their time ??!!!). One of my friend, spoke with couple of officers (I guess 2 different individual) twice within a week ,and again he needed more information and when he called back after a week or so, officer has mentioned to him that, you have called on so & so date, what do you need now ?. so write down your questions and get all at one shot, if you are lucky.......

Keep us posted about your experience.

Can you please provide the Telephone # to Call?

Kishore_l said:
FYI..................

If you are lucky and happen to speak with an Immigration officer, be little cautious. Also, your call to an officer is counted and logged. (Don't worry, they are not going to reveal it to anyone...may be an internal option to track their time ??!!!). One of my friend, spoke with couple of officers (I guess 2 different individual) twice within a week ,and again he needed more information and when he called back after a week or so, officer has mentioned to him that, you have called on so & so date, what do you need now ?. so write down your questions and get all at one shot, if you are lucky.......

Keep us posted about your experience.

Can you please provide the Telephone # to Call?

Thanks a lot!

Waiting!

How do I get a Customer Service Rep?

Kishore_l said:
(800) 375-5283

I called up the # but the automated system asked me about my EAC #. As I don't have my I140 EAC # I entered my EAC # for I485. The automated system informed me about the status of my I485 (what I see online) and nothing else.

I didn't get any representative. What menu selection will take to a person whom I can ask about my I140.

Thanks a lot

Waiting!

Wait to hear all the options, I am positive there will be an option to discuss your case with an officer / rep. I do not remember on top of my head, but I am positive there is an option. Also, if you have EAC for 485, why don't you submit FOIA and you will not only get the EAC, but all your papers itself. it may taken anywhere between 60 - 90 days, I guess.