I-140 Staus

No Luck!

I called the # and got a C.S rep on phone. But without the I140 EAC # he couldn't give any information.

Waiting!

ShyamM said:
May be a dumb question: What is FOIA?
Shyam
Not dumb at all.

I will suggest make a search on the portal - you will get much more than knowing what each letter stands for!

ShyamM said:
May be a dumb question: What is FOIA?
Shyam

Freedom Of Information Act -- this entitles you to have access to much of the information / documentation that the various government entities have on/for you.

ETA

waiting4I140 said:
I called the # and got a C.S rep on phone. But without the I140 EAC # he couldn't give any information.

Waiting!
Try again after sometime. May be first start with your 485 and ask them, if the underlying 140 has been aproved or whats the status on it. Be little nice and try to play with words.....May be request them to trasnfer you to an officer......I am positive Officer has 100% access to all your files.

Thanks ETA-GC.
Can some one run Scan for me ? Or let me know how to do that?
Following are my details for I-140 and I-485:
I-140 Filed 10/01/2002 I-140 Receipt date 10/28/2002
I-485 Filed 10/01/2002 I-485 Receipt Date 11/18/2002(EAC030315****)
Thanks in advance.
Shyam

Jharkhandi said:
ETA-GC - you are right - 140 belongs to employer but you are being represented by attorney too(by filling G-28), so you are client in a way. If one is desparate to find out case number, he/she may even complain about lawyer, if lawyer refuses to part with information. But this is very risky - I will not suggest anyone to risk your long wait for a number which you can find thru scanners(with a little chance of error).

I could be wrong here (wouldn't be the first time :p) but I think the G-28 simply allows the lawyer to file forms on your behalf. The client is most definitely the sponsoring company and anything else would be a potential conflict of interest situation.

When our studio in VA was closed down earlier this year I started asking our lawyer about the possibility of using AC21 etc. (my I-140 / I-485 had been filed 3 months earlier) and he got pretty uncomfortable, saying that he wasn't really in a position to advise me on these things (I was also considering sticking with the same company in TX which I eventually did). He actually requested that any future communication with him be done through the company and I think it was because he needed to make it clear that he was representing his client (the company) and not me.

ETA

ShyamM said:
Thanks ETA-GC.
Can some one run Scan for me ? Or let me know how to do that?
Following are my details for I-140 and I-485:
I-140 Filed 10/01/2002 I-140 Receipt date 10/28/2002
I-485 Filed 10/01/2002 I-485 Receipt Date 11/18/2002(EAC030315****)
Thanks in advance.
Shyam

Hmm, with a RD/ND of around 10/28/02 I would have thought there are very few I-140's which haven't been processed by now -- they're currently processing cases from 07/03 - 09/03 or thereabouts.

I have the scanner but I don't know how to use this for your case since a) we're not sure about the exact date (probably around EAC02023xxxxx or thereabouts) and I don't know which range of xxxxx to scan for).

It seems like people are doing scans for specific days so maybe someone can tell us how to do that (but you'd still need to guess at which day to scan for afaict).

ETA

Last edited by a moderator:
ETA-GC said:
I could be wrong here (wouldn't be the first time :p) but I think the G-28 simply allows the lawyer to file forms on your behalf. The client is most definitely the sponsoring company and anything else would be a potential conflict of interest situation.

When our studio in VA was closed down earlier this year I started asking our lawyer about the possibility of using AC21 etc. (my I-140 / I-485 had been filed 3 months earlier) and he got pretty uncomfortable, saying that he wasn't really in a position to advise me on these things (I was also considering sticking with the same company in TX which I eventually did). He actually requested that any future communication with him be done through the company and I think it was because he needed to make it clear that he was representing his client (the company) and not me.

ETA
ETA-GC,

My understanding is that by representing me as an individual, in law's eye's, I am lawyer's client too and so is my employer(equal footing technically). Correct me if I am wrong.

ETA-GC said:
Hmm, with a RD/ND of around 10/28/02 I would have thought there are very few I-140's which haven't been processed by now -- they're currently processing cases from 07/03 - 09/03 or thereabouts.

I have the scanner but I don't know how to use this for your case since a) we're not sure about the exact date (probably around EAC02023xxxxx or thereabouts) and I don't know which range of xxxxx to scan for).

It seems like people are doing scans for specific days so maybe someone can tell us how to do that (but you'd still need to guess at which day to scan for afaict).

ETA
Hi ETA-GC
Should it not be something like EAC03028****?(based on RD)
As per my knowledge Oct 02 is 2003 Fiscal year for USCIS.
Also which date should be used? 01 Oct (Submit date) or 28 Oct (RD)?
I am confused as for I-485 my EAC # starts with EAC030315****
I-485 submit date again is 01-Oct and RD is 18 Nov. So based on RD EAC # should have been EAC03049*****
Regards
Shyam

ShyamM said:
Hi ETA-GC
Should it not be something like EAC03028****?(based on RD)
As per my knowledge Oct 02 is 2003 Fiscal year for USCIS.
Also which date should be used? 01 Oct (Submit date) or 28 Oct (RD)?
I am confused as for I-485 my EAC # starts with EAC030315****
I-485 submit date again is 01-Oct and RD is 18 Nov. So based on RD EAC # should have been EAC03049*****
Regards
Shyam

Afaik, the ND (Notice Date) is what matters.

The problem is (afaict) that while you have the RD, the ND will be some indeterminate number of days after this and this is what will be used to generate the EAC # (not the RD). My ND was 3 days after my RD but looking at the 2003 tracker there are cases where these are anywhere from 0 days to 20 days or more apart.

However, if your I-485 # is EAC03031xxxxx, and if this was filed at the same time (same package) as the I-140, you might try assuming that this is based on the same ND as your I-140 -- probably for about 11/01/02 or thereabouts in which case your I-140 should also have EAC03031xxxxx (my 140/485 both with NDs of 10/23/04 both have EAC04016xxxxx). Also, you probably even know (or can get) the ND for your I-485.

I still don't know how to scan for all the cases for a given day though...

ETA

Just got email from Attorney "On 05/05/2004, we received your I-140 immigrant visa petition approval."
Thanks for all the support from all of you .
I know my EAC # for I-485 . So,New task from now onward to check status for I-485 every hour.

Regards
Shyam