I-140 Secrity checks @ TSC ---- big danger....

report at cisombudsman@dhs.gov he is report to uscis director

report at cisombudsman@dhs.gov he is report to uscis
INFOPASS UPDATE >>>
I went for my INFOPASS appointment at Newark NJ on 07/27/2007 to meet with an USCIS Immigration Officer to check the status of my I-140 application. The officer initially refused to give me an update on my I-140 case and according to her no such cases are addressed at local USCIS offices. She asked me to call up the National Customer Service Center for this request.
Initially - my head started to spin as she kept asking me questions pertaining to I-485 - Is the application family or employment based, filed under which catergory, etc and she kept repeating that all eb dates are unavailable and I should check back later and I kept telling her that I am here to check the status of my I-140. After much persuasion she agreed to atleast look into my file.

According to the notes in the USCIS system for my case - Texas Service Center was waiting for some missing documents and had sent out a notification to my employer. Case has resumed normal processing as all documents have been received by them on June 15th (This is the day I upgraded to PP). She also confirmed that the system does not show that my case is being delayed due to any kind of security/background check. I informed her that I had recieved a letter from USCIS in in late May stating my case is pending background checks but she mentioned that she does not see any such record in their system.

I am more confused now by my lawyer's reply about this INFOPASS visit -
I received an e-mail from the TSC Premium Processing Unit on July 9, stating that your case is "still on hold pending security checks." For this reason, the USCIS was not able to process your case in 15 days. It sounds like the USCIS officer at the local USCIS office in Newark, NJ gave you incorrect information. As you know, we received and responded to the RFE a few months ago.

It's 300 days today since I my I-140 was recieved at TSC and I have no clue when this misery will end for me!!!

Sorry, I couldn't find another place to post this. If this is the wrong place please tell me the right place!

We filed my I-140 on Sep. 17, 2007. Is it too early for me to expect some movement on my case? I have read posts on this portal, where people got approvals within 3-4 months without PP in 2007

Has the situation changed now?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
I140 aproved from security checks

Hey Friends ,

I am the starter of this discussion . Just want to share the good news with you.

MY I-140 which was under security check is aproved . So i am free now.
Just waiting for visa numbers to open

PD :06/08/2003 EB2
I-485,AP,EAD filed on 06/2007
I-140 :aproved

Thank you for Sharing GOOD News

Thanks for sharing this good news I really feel happy for you and hope your I-485 will get approved soon can you please tell you RD of I-140,
I have been in that check from Feb 2007.
I hope to see more good posts from other people here too who are stuck too.

Hello Asif39 Bai saab ,

My I-140 submitted on DEC2006 and upgraded to PP on 02/08/2007.
No RFE . But went to security checks.
Aproved on 1/19/2008

Good Luck
rajusus

Did any one els got I140 approved from security check or any LUD ?
Will this 180 day rule apply to people who have boht I-140 and I-485 Pending ?

Congts: AAABLAUTCHALEN

Cong:D AAABLAUTCHALEN
I hope all of us will come out of it soon I called last week on behalf of my company and they told me that its still pending background check

Mine was filed in May 24, 2006 and still its pending. Its been 709 days since it was filed. I don't know when they are gonna take this case for processing.

Folks,
Today I spoke to my Attorney and she said there is no Security/backgroud check for I140...all that happens along with finger prints only...
I have filed my I140 and 485 concurrently on Jul 2, 2007 at TSC...
I received my receipt notice only on 21 March 2008...almost 10 months over but no clue what is delaying the approval. But the USCIS site says they are processing Jul , 2007 cases and I am not able to see any update in my case as well.. The database is also not updated with receipt notice so I could not able to track the information....I keep getting retrival failed and make sure to type the correct SRC....I am not sure how many of us facing same problem. It is painful.

I was in some what similar position as yours. I filed using substitute labor on July 2, 2007. My application was sent back twice due to USCIS mistake. After explaining them in detail they finally accepted my application with notice date sometime in November 2007 and receipt date as July 2, 2007.
As of today no updates on my I-140. I dont know how long it will take to get approval.
Is there any different procedure for those who filed using substitute labor? like processing dates?

Finally my I-140 was approved today evening. Checked before leaving work at 5:30 PM and there was no change. When I checked my email at 8:00 PM, there was an automated email notifying me of the approval. I logged into USCIS' online status check website and saw the approval confirmation.

Finally after 7.5 years things are taking a turn for the better. I was sure my I-140 was also going to take an year or two more after all the name check delays I have experienced when applying for H1-B visa stampings. But it seems I have been lucky (282 days to approval). My priority date is current, hopefully I might also see the I-485 approval by the end of the year :).

Jawad

Did any one els got I-140 approved

Did any one els got I-140 approved from the secrity check bin of TSC :(

AAABLAUTCHALEN - Need help..my I140 pending @TSC almost 2 years..

My I-140 was finally approved by TSC on April 23rd after 566 days.
Goodluck to all who are still waiting!

AAABLAUTCHALEN - Need help..my I140 pending @TSC almost 2 years..Security check

I was following your posts, i see your I140 approved, congrats.

What you did to get the case moving, pls let me know.

Whats your email id ?

My attorney tells me there is no security check during the i-140 stage. Does immigration personnel intiate security checks randomly at any stage.

I140 Security check.

Finally I got my I140 approved yesterday. It has been very long waiting since May 2007 after it has been to security clearence.

In May 2007, I got an email for my response from USCIS saying that my application was stuckup pending security clearence, from that time we did not have any status update and finally suprised to see the status online yesterday as approved.

Thanks to everyone.