I-140 Secrity checks @ TSC ---- big danger....

I just talked to a CSR at TSC about the status of my 140. MY RD is Dec 29, 2006. She told me i will have to worry if it goes beyond 6 months time, mean i will have to call back after July 29, if i dont hear from them sooner.
I asked if there is any background check pending for my 140, she said she donot see any background check requested on my case. Its just that it is sitting in a stack waiting to be reviewed. That mean i should be hearing from them in next 2 weeks. If not i will be taking an infopass.

I am here to give you company.

EB3/PD12/99;
140ND4/5;
485ND8/5.
Still waiting for both 140 and 485 approval.
Not even sure whether mine is struck in Security Check.
My Attorney queries every 60days and we get a response saying that the case is on a extended review and they will mail a decision within 60days.
Very Frustrating.

INFOPASS UPDATE >>>
I went for my INFOPASS appointment at Newark NJ on 07/27/2007 to meet with an USCIS Immigration Officer to check the status of my I-140 application. The officer initially refused to give me an update on my I-140 case and according to her no such cases are addressed at local USCIS offices. She asked me to call up the National Customer Service Center for this request.
Initially - my head started to spin as she kept asking me questions pertaining to I-485 - Is the application family or employment based, filed under which catergory, etc and she kept repeating that all eb dates are unavailable and I should check back later and I kept telling her that I am here to check the status of my I-140. After much persuasion she agreed to atleast look into my file.

According to the notes in the USCIS system for my case - Texas Service Center was waiting for some missing documents and had sent out a notification to my employer. Case has resumed normal processing as all documents have been received by them on June 15th (This is the day I upgraded to PP). She also confirmed that the system does not show that my case is being delayed due to any kind of security/background check. I informed her that I had recieved a letter from USCIS in in late May stating my case is pending background checks but she mentioned that she does not see any such record in their system.

I am more confused now by my lawyer's reply about this INFOPASS visit -
I received an e-mail from the TSC Premium Processing Unit on July 9, stating that your case is "still on hold pending security checks." For this reason, the USCIS was not able to process your case in 15 days. It sounds like the USCIS officer at the local USCIS office in Newark, NJ gave you incorrect information. As you know, we received and responded to the RFE a few months ago.

It's 300 days today since I my I-140 was recieved at TSC and I have no clue when this misery will end for me!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi I am also on same boat my i-140 was filled on 9th of feb 2007 i upgraded it to PP in March then got REF replied on there system is says that they recived my reply on apr 23rd and after that i saw some LUD's till 05/05/07 then it was frezzzeee i called PP Dept aslo TSC they said its in review Dept , i was checking online status every single day no LUD's but i was surprise to see LUD On 08/05/07 (yesterday) i dont know if they got my fiel back from Review Dept or what but a new hope is there just wanted to know if any of you people have also got any new LUD on your cases.

Hi I am also on same boat my i-140 was filled on 9th of feb 2007 i upgraded it to PP in March then got REF replied on there system is says that they recived my reply on apr 23rd and after that i saw some LUD's till 05/05/07 then it was frezzzeee i called PP Dept aslo TSC they said its in review Dept , i was checking online status every single day no LUD's but i was surprise to see LUD On 08/05/07 (yesterday) i dont know if they got my fiel back from Review Dept or what but a new hope is there just wanted to know if any of you people have also got any new LUD on your cases.

I also received LUD on 08/05 on my already approved 140. I dont know what USCIS was doing to our cases on Sunday evening!!!!

this is not a security check but more of a background check....more common on applications that are filed with sub. labor.
USCIS wants to establish whether
the case is not fake, employer authenticity, ability to pay etc.

it seems that I am in the same boat. I concurrently filed i140 and i485 together, then upgraded i140 to PP, got RFE.

It appears that security check problem only occurs for those who concurrently filed i140 and i485. cross finger.

Current Status: Response to request for evidence received, and case processing has resumed.

On July 16, 2007, we received your response to our request for evidence. We will notify you by mail when we make a decision or if we need something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. You should expect to receive a written decision or written update within 60 days of the date we received your response unless fingerprint processing or an interview are standard parts of case processing and have not yet been completed, in which case you can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done. This case is at our TEXAS SERVICE CENTER location. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

this is not a security check but more of a background check....more common on applications that are filed with sub. labor.
USCIS wants to establish whether
the case is not fake, employer authenticity, ability to pay etc.

You are wrong on this as my case is not a labor substitution case but a PERM certified case and read this DHS doc >>> A Review of U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services’ Alien Security Checks

Here is one more from DHS stating speeding up background checks >>> http://www.dhs.gov/xnews/releases/pr_1186757867585.shtm

Last edited by a moderator:
My I-140 is pending for dont know what the reason may be securty may be review Bla Bla , I have AP can i travel on that ap while my I140 and I485 are pending ( i have H-1b but its not stamped) . does any one have experience on travelling on AP?

My I-140 is pending for dont know what the reason may be securty may be review Bla Bla , I have AP can i travel on that ap while my I140 and I485 are pending ( i have H-1b but its not stamped) . does any one have experience on travelling on AP?

A travel document (Advance Parole or AP) permits a person to travel outside of the United States while the adjustment application is pending. It is necessary if one needs to travel during the pendency of the adjustment application and does not have another status on which to reenter the U.S., namely H1B or H-4, L-1 or L-2. The earlier doctrine, that leaving the U.S. while the adjustment application is pending would be considered as an abandonment of the application unless advance parole is received prior to traveling, is no longer valid for Hs and Ls. Since July 1999, one may travel and reenter the U.S. on H or L status by showing both the visa stamp in the passport and the petition approval, without showing an AP. For a person in any other status (besides H1B or H-4, L-1 or L-2), leaving the U.S. while the adjustment application is pending would still be considered an abandonment of the application, unless advance parole is received prior to traveling abroad.
One who wishes to travel abroad while an I-485 is pending must have an advance parole. If that person holds H1B, H-4, L-1, or L-2 status, s/he may choose to reenter the U.S. in one of these statuses rather than using the advance parole. Not all persons who file the I-485 should apply for advance parole or use it to travel abroad, even if it has been issued. One who has been unlawfully present for 180 days or more prior to filing the I-485 should not travel outside the U.S. while the I-485 is pending or s/he will subject to the 3- or 10-year bar on reentry to the U.S.

My case is also not a labor substitution case but a PERM certified case
I called TSC then they gave me number to call PP Dept and PP dept told me that its on hold for security check , he was very rude
Also told me that it can takes couple months to couple years

did any one got approved from I-140 SC/Background Check

I just wanted to know if anyones I140 gto approved who was stuck in secruity check or back ground check

Did any I140 got approved from security check

Did any I140 got approved from security check
any LUD ??

Still in security check

I applied in march 2006, upgraded to PP in November 2006..... Still nothing...Same thing ....security check.:rolleyes:

i am new to this forum. I have a question, after reading your posts. The security checking for I140 you are talking about is only for EB3 or is it applicable to other categories like EB1 and EB2..? Pls clarify.

i am new to this forum. I have a question, after reading your posts. The security checking for I140 you are talking about is only for EB3 or is it applicable to other categories like EB1 and EB2..? Pls clarify.

Security check could be triggered on any type immigration petition including H1B