I-140 Pending from March,2002 @ NSC

hi

hi da1970

Though my case was assigned to the officer on Apr22. he had filed it and baita tha uspe among other cases. It is when my attorney called them up to set a 'liason' regarding my case that the IIO sent an e-mail to the officer and we we told that we would receive a decision in the mail by max 2 to 3 weeks. this is the end of 2nd week. so I am still waiting patiently. according to me even after the case is assigned to an officer 'Purzaa hilana padta hai'. ask your attorney to set up a liason or call them up everyday and even though you speak with a CSR they enter your call as a remark that someone had called or send an e-mail to the officer.

you also can call up the INS office is your attorney is not willing to and just tell them honestly that you understand that you are not the beneficiary of I-140 applciation but would just like to make sure that nothing is missing as it has taken so long. They send an electronic inquiry to the concerned officer and give you a feedback via mail in 3 weeks. I have done that too. the speaking part but asked them to hold onto the electronic inquiry as i found out that my lawyer had already set up a liason and is working genuinely on my case along with my HR director. The only catch here is that do not send electronic inquiries too frequently that they begin to smell a rat in your case. 1-800- blah.. and selct option 5 after selecting '1' 3 or 4 times. 5- check status of your case not option 1 in this meu as it reads out the online message.
my e-mail id is ananth_23@hotmail.com if you need more info and are unable to post messages to this forum.

My case was assigned to the officer in Mid may,2003 (Pending since Dec,2002) and now my attorney is saying she sent out a liaison request last week in my case. So let us see What happens. Didyou get any feed back in your case

I-140 Pending since April 2002

Just to let everybody know about my situation, my case was received April 18, 2002 at NSC.
I have applied for EB-1, OR catagory. My employer has asked the center couple of times and the first time they said security check was done and it's with an officer. Again, two months ago, they replied that my case is still with an officer.

Haven't got any RFE and also nothing about my AP (applied August 2002). Very frustrating...

Last edited by a moderator:
My I-140 is pending with BCIS from past EIGHT MONTHS.
My attorney called up 2-3 times and was told that my case is waiting for security check !!

I am not sure what kind of security check it is...usually they have security check in I-485 stage...

Rakesh
(EB3/RIR)

still waiting

hi da1970

no news yet but should be hearing from BCIS on Friday as the 3 week period after liason inquiry filing has been completed and as per BCIS shold get a written decision in 3 weeks time.

Hi, I called INS and they told me that my case is under security check. Can somebody tell me how long will it take for this security check to be complete.

If my application is under security check, does it mean that INS finished processing my application and sent it for secuirty check or do they do security check before they process the applications

I 140

Sivaa,
Under security check means they will finish the security check and
then they will process the application.
I'm in the same boat.
my lawyer has called them many times.

Thanks,

rakeshr

Infact i have also filed 140 EB3/RIR Non concurrent . The RD is 02/14/2003 .. Anyway i'm going to file my I-485 this month sometime ... my feeling is that doing so it might expedite 140 processing just a guess ...

If you see at the INS website there are different postal address where the forms are to be send depending on whether u r filing I-140 non concurrent or u r filing it concurrently with 485 ...

ALso on your I-140 have u mentioned that u r going for consular processing .....?

i also saw on the forum that guys with EB3 category with Rd 20th Feb , 27 feb who filled it concurrently got it approved .. where as the non concurrent ones are still waiting ...

I might be wrong ... but just wrote what i analyzed ....

Thanks.

IPC302,

I spoke to my attorney last week to file my I-1485.
He suggested me to wait for some more time because I have refiled my I-140. My I-140 was denied (please read my earlier posts).

Yesterday I spoke to customer service (BCIS) and they have send an enquiry to NSC to find the reason of delay.I will be hearing something (positive) with in thirty days.

Hope it helps.

Good Luck
Rakesh

I got a query for my 140 in december. I think INS should have done this security check before they sent me the query. Why are they doing it again? does any body know?

Hi Sivaa,
As per my knowledge and experience(with I-140 board for more than two years), BCIS will go for security check only before approving the petition, after completing the whole process. I have never heard a case gets denied or got RFE, after going for security check. So just wait for your approval.

Nanshi.

Naanshi, Thank you for posting this valuable information. Hope my case gets approved soon. Any one else in the same boat?

Hi Naanshi,
I came across this posting in the 4th page of the thread. He says that his secuirty check was completed first and then it was assigned to an officer. What do u think about this?

I am still confused whether security check is the first or last stage in processing.

===========================================

I-140 Pending since April 2002
Just to let everybody know about my situation, my case was received April 18, 2002 at NSC.
I have applied for EB-1, OR catagory. My employer has asked the center couple of times and the first time they said security check was done and it's with an officer. Again, two months ago, they replied that my case is still with an officer.

Haven't got any RFE and also nothing about my AP (applied August 2002). Very frustrating...

Last edited by efriend on 24th June 2003 at 03:20 AM

Hi Sivaa,
It can be true. After processing the petition, if the officer thought that it was approvable then the officer might have sent it for Security Check. Once it is completed, the file will come back to the Officer for final approval. So in this particular case, the Officer might not have taken the file yet for the final approval.

Or "security check was done " may be an incorrect information given to the employer by old INS or new BCIS. It happens. IIOs just tell whatever comes to their mind at that time.

Sivaa, Be positive. You will get your approval soon.

Nanshi.