I-140 Pending from March,2002 @ NSC

Snehanjali

Registered Users (C)
Hi All:

My friends I-140 is pending from March, 2002. He had a "RFE" in early November for Company financials and his pay-stubs. This was answered and was received on 11/14/02 at NSC.

He is still waiting for that. His I-485 was filed in Sep and he had fingerprints done as well. EAD/AP not approved yet as I-140 still pending. This is beacuse the I-140 was not concurrent filing.

Anyone in the same boat.

Yep, in the same boat. I-140 filed jan 2002, RFE recieved 4/2002,
REF replied 6/2002, No response yet.

!-485 filed oct 2002, finger print notice recieved dec 2002 ( only for spouse).

So I guess I have a better chance of predicting the lottery results than predicting INS workings.

So ask your friend to be patient and Enjoy life, ignore INS.

Have both of you guys talked to IIO and your attorney's and inquired why it is taking so extraordinarily long for your cases to get approved ?

This is really frustrating even to hear.

NSC

Hi:

I did notice that EAD & AP have been approved at VSC and not NSC for not-concurrent filers.

Why is this only at NSC.

Our attorneys says that he expects them to clear the I-140 in 10 weeks from the date RFE is received. That is by the end of Jan, 2003.

Lets' see when that is cleared.

Sneha

I am new this boad...i am also in the same boat...i want to visit for my sisters marraiage in delhi...

is your lawyer sure that they will approve AP in Jan...i called my lawyer he said not to disturb him..he said he will call once approved...i am waiting.....

i got my new H1 approved 7th year extension...

Please help....

All

I checked my status yesterday.....my I140 is approved...but not my Advance Parole...is there a way to contact.....the AP department directly.....my I140 was approved in 3 weeks after RFE...filed concurently...have to thank god for that...have to go to india in Jan...is there any other way

Hi dan_pattangi,

Congratulations for your I-140 approval. What is your RD&ND? Was it concurrently filed with I-485? Just want to know
the NSC I-140 processing times.

Thanks!!

filed 140 in April 02 ...and sent in my 485 and parole application..later

got Rfe in Nov end...replied and my 140 has been approved...

Now critical thing is the AP.....now they are not issuing in the local INS it seems...lawyer told....anybody AP help ....got to go a marriage this month

Non. Only i called IIO ( said i was from the company not the benficiary) and asked about the status. They said on Dec 6 it was actually assigned to an officer.
My lawyer called and they told him the same thing. So back to square one.

NikReddy

Do not believe.....the IIO...they simply say it is assigned to an officer....I am still waiting for AP...my lawyer called atleast 5 times...no luck.....my friend got approved in 40 days...there is no standard or procedure...

I dont know if it works in NSC. But if you are in urgent you can apply AP in local INS with 485 receipt and a valid reason. They will issue your AP faster than service center. This happens here in Arlington ( Washington DC). Ask your lawery.

No..Luck..in local office...

My local INS...says ...rules have changed...and unless it is very urgent ..like death matters..they are not supposed to approve..AP...is it my fault...what is going on...i told them marriage...and they said sorry....

well,
Calling often is not going to make the IIO any smarter and tell you a different story.
We just have to learn to live by the mercy of the INS OFFICER. They rule.....they reject....they heckle...they humiliate.....and in most cases they seem to have the last laugh too.
At this point guys...to hell with them. I can make living anywhere in the damn world. Where as the INS OFFICER can not live beyond nebraska. So....

Today my lawyer called the INS and found out that my case was not even assigned to an officer yet.......................
Nd 9/11
Rfe 11/6
Rfe response received 11/15

Good luck to everybody!!!!!!!!!