I 140: NSC Consolidated XL Tracker

This Poll is to determine which cenetr is processing your I 140 to update the tracker

• Total voters
dude, contact someone at Mr. Khanna's office right away, without any further delays.

Best of luck!!!!

URGENT : Please Help Me, Iam in a desparate situation!!

Iam in 7th year H1 , will be expiring in mid Sep 2007, and applied I-140 & 485 concurrently on Aug 07,2007. Still waiting for I-140 receipt notice. My employer is saying if we receive receipt notice of I-140 then only they can apply for my 8th year H1 extension, is it true ?

Q1. My labor is filled 365 days before and approved, can't they apply H1 extension on that 365 days basis ?

Q2. Will I be out of status if we don't apply for H1 extension before exiration date and still did't receive I-140 receipt notice ? (being filed 485 AOS)

Q3. Can we apply H1 extension with FedEx receipt of concurrently filed I-140&485 ?

Q. Do I have to leave the country ? any advices/solutions please.

Your advices will be greately appreciated.

for Immi12345

Did you got the 7th year from the current employer? Assuming the LC was not a substitution case, was this filed more than 365 days before you completed 6 years of your H-1B? In that case you should be able to get your 8th year based on the LC.

BTW - USCIS will honor the date when they received the I-485 package for status purposes. This will definitely help you to preserve your status even if your H-1B is not filed and you didn't receive your I-485 receipt.

Last edited by a moderator:
for 10-02 canadian

Did you sent personal check to pay I-140 / I-485 processing? in that case keep checking your bank account, once these checks gets encashed, the receipt number will be stamped on the back of the check. The receipt number is of the form: LIN-07-123-45678 if processed in Nebraska Service Center. If the first 3 letters appears as SRC, then your case is under processing at Texas service center. FYI - the first 2 number denotes the current year.

Once you get the case nubmer you can check your status at: https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/caseStatusSearchDisplay.do.

Just got aproval notice from CRIS :) and would like to share my info
Concurent i-140/1485 nd 04/05/2007 aproved today 08/21/2007 less than 5 months.Wish you all good luck

Hi
Which center NSC or TSC can u plz give some details. EB3 or Eb2

Just got aproval notice from CRIS :) and would like to share my info
Concurent i-140/1485 nd 04/05/2007 aproved today 08/21/2007 less than 5 months.Wish you all good luck

Hi
Which center NSC or TSC can u plz give some details. EB3 or Eb2
NSC EB2 case starts with LIN, no rfe, fp 05/25/2007. , now i i'll start waching my i-485, By the way anyone knows if i still have a chance to be aproved before october or all visa numbers are used for this fiscal year?

I140 approved @ NSC

Finally... i got CRIS email yesterday saying my I140 approval notice sent. Attorney cofirmed same from CRIS. I140 was approved while doing my Fingerprinting...

See my case details at my signature.

My I140 was apprved Aug 10. The lawyer received the approval notice ove this weekend.

See my signature for details.

We had never received my approved LC for DOL and had filed I140 asking USCCIS to get the LC directly from DOL. I140 was was regular filing (not premium).

Any idea how long I should wait before inquiring about NC?
Congratulations icici. My case is also similar to yours. I have never received Certified and after 6 months of wait my Lawyer filed I 140/485 requesting USCIS to get copy from DOL.

Did you get any notice from USCIS during I140 process?

Congratulations icici. My case is also similar to yours. I have never received Certified and after 6 months of wait my Lawyer filed I 140/485 requesting USCIS to get copy from DOL.

Did you get any notice from USCIS during I140 process?

PBEC_Victim,

I assume u mean to ask if I got a RFE on my I140: No..I did not. I was afraid that I might get some kind of RFE due to the missing LC but I never got any. The only update was when I got the approval..

Have hope ..dont worry..I'm sure ur 140 will be approved soon too

Thanks manwithnoname,
Firm has hired lawyers so i didn't pay. They said they will keep me posted ( i assume when they have a response or tracking # ).
Your info is very - very helpfull.
Thanks again

In that case USCIS will notify your law firm with the receipt notice that includes the case number.

Question on I140 Substitution

I have AOS filed on an approved I140 (EB2, PD: Oct/2006). I have another LC Subtituted 140 (EB2, PD: 02/2002) pending at NSC since Jan/2007, that may be approved soon. What is the process of replacing the new PD I140 to Old PD I140 for the applied AOS (I485) applications?

Thanks in Advance.

Received I-140 approval

I received approval for my I-140 for receip6t date of December 16th 2006,this is a concurrent filing with 485 under EB2.

Got the approval email last night. See signature for detail.

My original LC was lost but I did not get an RFE.

Wish you all the best.

Wish you all the best.
Congrats ftsoh- Were there sny LUD's in your I140 case before approval. My LC also lost and file 140 without LC

There is no LUD before approval. The only LUD I got is when they enter my case to the system on 1/8/07.

I got an RFE on the EB2 I-140 that was filed in August 2006. We requested priority date porting from 2003 EB2 I-140. We filed I-485 based on the pending new I-140. How long does it take to get the RFE physical notice? What would happen to I-485 if this new I-140 is denied? Can I still use the old I-140?

I have AOS filed on an approved I140 (EB2, PD: Oct/2006). I have another LC Subtituted 140 (EB2, PD: 02/2002) pending at NSC since Jan/2007, that may be approved soon. What is the process of replacing the new PD I140 to Old PD I140 for the applied AOS (I485) applications?

Thanks in Advance.
It appears that there are some people who are confused in the immigrant community on the rule of transfer of priority date in the immigration proceedings. The current rules are as follows:
The priority date of employment-based immigrant petition is retained only after the I-140 petition is approved and the alien beneficiary of multiple approved I-140 petitions through the same employer or different employers can claim the earliest priority date in the I-485 application proceedings.
The retained priority date is available for such transfer only between or among the multiple employment-based I-140 petitions for the same alien. The employment-based priority date cannot be transferred to a family-based immigrant petition of I-130 petition of the same alien or other non-employment based immigrant proceeding such as diversity immigrant proceeding or refugee proceeding.
The retained priority date is limited to the "individual" alien beneficiary only and cannot be transferred to other individuals including the spouse even if the spouse has another approved I-140 petition.
Distringuished from the transfer of a retained priority date is the rule of substitution of alien beneficiary which is a history by now. In the context of the substitution rule, the new alien takes over the priority date of another alien's priority date involving the alien's labor certification, but it is not considered a transfer. The new alien is just replacing the old employee either in pending labor certification proceeding or in the I-140 proceedings. It apparently confuses people as a transfer of priority date.
Even though an alien cannot obtain a transfer of priority date from the spouse, in the two contexts, some aliens can receive help from the spouse. One is the transfer of the alien's pending I-485 application which the alien filed as the derivative beneficiary of the spouse's approved I-140 petition to his own approved I-140 petition that has a different priority date. The same rule applies in vice versa. For instance, if my wife obtained I-140 petition and my wife and her family members including myself file I-485 applications based on her approved I-140 petition, assuming that the visa number is available, I can move my own pending I-485 application as the derivative beneficiary of my wife's I-140 petition to my own approved I-140 petition if my own I-140 priority date is more favorable than my wife's. My wife has two options in this context. Either she also moves her pending I-485 application to mine switching from a status of primary beneficiary of her own petition to a derivative beneficiary of mine to take advantage of my favorable priority date, or she can keep her pending I-485 application with her own employer without moving her I-485 application using my approved petition. This confuses people as transfer of priority date, but it is not a transfer of priority date. It is a rule of changing the underlying I-140 petition from his/her own to the spouse's. Such I-485 application transfer can take place back and forth more than one time depending on the visa number movement for different classification of employment-based immigration.
Another benefit an alien with the approved I-140 petition can receive from the spouse is the rule of cross chageability or alternate chageability of nationality. If the spouse was born in a different country and applies for I-485 as a derivative beneficiary of my I-140 petition along with me, both of us can use my wife's country of bith as our nationality for the purpose of the determination of the nationality in the Visa Bulletin. Obviously, Indians or Chinese, Mexicans, Philippines citizens, who are married to a spouse who was born in a country that is one of the Rest of the World (ROW) countries will receive a tremendous benefit from such spouse. The spouse can have a same citizenship with the principal alien and it is the place of birth of the spouse that determines the cross chargeability or alternate chargeability nationality. Again, this gives an impression of transfer of priority date, but it is not.
As people may have to go through a long journey as affected by the July 2007 VB fiasco, the foregoing information should give some help to people who are confused about the priority date transfer or related issues.

Source: immigration-law.com

Congrats ftosh,
I am Dec 4' 2006 EB3, desperately waiting....

Lets see when I get the magical email....

Wish you all the best.