I 140: NSC Consolidated XL Tracker

This Poll is to determine which cenetr is processing your I 140 to update the tracker

• Total voters
for FTSOH

Yes, I am waiting to file I-485 since my PD is current. I am desperately waiting for I-140 approval. That's why I am thinking of upgrade to Premium Processing. Those son of bitches in PBEC will not tell either my employer or lawyer what happen to my hard copy of LC.

Oh sorry, there is a misunderstanding - what I meant by waiting is retrogression. Since you are not retrogressed, you may file I-485 at anytime. Also you may upgrade I-140 petition to premium (so that you can avail AC-21 benefits). Will upgrading the I-140 petition to PP with duplicate LC request really speeds up the process? I did not find any postings on this here ... Gurus please help.

Last edited by a moderator:
add to tracker

Please add my information to the tracker:

PD: 11/3/03
EB3
State: CT
I-140 FD 02/8/07
I140 RD 02/20/07 (LIN...)
LUD: 02/27/07
Regular processing (why pay the extra money when I can't do anything with an approved I-140 anyway...)

Oh sorry, there is a misunderstanding - what I meant by waiting is retrogression. Since you are not retrogressed, you may file I-485 at anytime. Also you may upgrade I-140 petition to premium (so that you can avail AC-21 benefits). Will upgrading the I-140 petition to PP with duplicate LC request really speeds up the process? I did not find any postings on this here ... Gurus please help.

That's all right, manwithnoname.

My lawyer said upgrade is no use because PBEC can still drag the process since we only pay for expediting USCIS service but dot not pay for PBEC's. I would like to get second opinion from the gurus or anyone with the same situation. Please advice. Thanks.

I also heard contradicting information on whether I can file I-485 at the PBEC Forum, even though the majority said I can't until my I-140 is approved. I also hope to get some opinions from the gurus here.

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess my attorney filed the I-140 more than 3 weeks ago to NSC (Nebraska). I have not heard anything after that neither form Employer nor from attorney

How much time to get the receipt for I-140?
Mine is regular processing EB3.

I got labor approved from Dallas last week of January. It is CA SWA EB3.
Where are the most of the cases from California-SWA-EB3 processing? Texas or Nebraska?
Thanks

If you paid some of the fees with your own checking account, you can find your A# on the back of the check.

That's how I found that they had received and accepted my 485 application.

That's all right, manwithnoname.

My lawyer said upgrade is no use because PBEC can still drag the process since we only pay for expediting USCIS service but dot not pay for PBEC's. I would like to get second opinion from the gurus or anyone with the same situation. Please advice. Thanks.

I also heard contradicting information on whether I can file I-485 at the PBEC Forum, even though the majority said I can't until my I-140 is approved. I also hope to get some opinions from the gurus here.

Yes expediting your I-140 depends much on PBEC.

About filing I-485, the following link says that I-140 is not a mandatory requirement for filing I-485. Please note that availability of immigrant visa number is the hurdle to file I-485.

Hi Guys,

How long will it take to receive paper work after 140 approval email received?.
I'm desperately waiting for my approval paper work.

I appreciate your response.

tough situation -advise

labor -june 2003-approved aug 06
I140 -reg process -RD 18sept 06- no answer -no LUD-(india)
3 year bcom degree
H1-6 th year ending june 2007

what would be the ideal way to go
upgrade I140 to PP
or file H1 and get 1 year extension -regular or PP
any advice would be appreciated

thanks

Average time for approval/receipt notice after noting the same online is anywhere between 3-10 business days. It may be longer depending on whether or not they get it out before the H-1 cap cases are in.

Hi Guys,

How long will it take to receive paper work after 140 approval email received?.
I'm desperately waiting for my approval paper work.

I appreciate your response.

Yes expediting your I-140 depends much on PBEC.

About filing I-485, the following link says that I-140 is not a mandatory requirement for filing I-485. Please note that availability of immigrant visa number is the hurdle to file I-485.

I spoke with the USCIS and they told me I can't filed 485 now because I don't have the LC. That's the final nail to the coffin.

My employer just received a voicemail from the PBEC telling him that my lawyer should have the LC and if not the lawyer should send a request in writing. I was really pissed because both my lawyer and employer had send letters and faxes to them on a monthly basis since last November. The voicemail just sounded like a canned respond.

By the way, sorry for being off topic, but I am not very satisfy with my lawyer. I don't think I can terminate the contract without penalties but is there any place I can file a complaint?

Got Receipt Yesterday

Finally I got the Receipt yesterday from Nebraska. My employer submitted all the documents and payments by Mid-February but looks like my attorney wasted 3-4 weeks after that. What a pain. Mine is regular processing Non-Concurrent so I guess I have to wait 7- 8 months easily.
Thanks for your reply. Good to meet old mates form Labor forum in this forum.
All the best to everyone.

If you paid some of the fees with your own checking account, you can find your A# on the back of the check.

That's how I found that they had received and accepted my 485 application.

Please add me in the tracker

LC PD: 3/14/05 AD: 01/09/07 LC Hardcopy: 1/29/07 EB3 CA RIR Dallas
I-140 RD:3/12/07 ND:3/12/07 Nebraska LIN-07-XXX-XXXXX
REGULAR PROCESSING
LUD: 3/17/07

Tracker updated on 3/21/07.....

Updated for:
ftsoh, manwithnoname, heresmine

I spoke with the USCIS and they told me I can't filed 485 now because I don't have the LC. That's the final nail to the coffin.

My employer just received a voicemail from the PBEC telling him that my lawyer should have the LC and if not the lawyer should send a request in writing. I was really pissed because both my lawyer and employer had send letters and faxes to them on a monthly basis since last November. The voicemail just sounded like a canned respond.

By the way, sorry for being off topic, but I am not very satisfy with my lawyer. I don't think I can terminate the contract without penalties but is there any place I can file a complaint?

Thanks for the update. The bottleneck is to obtain the Certification Copy of the LC from PBEC. Not sure about where to file a complaint.

Good luck.

Pls add me the Tracker

LC PD: 3/14/05 AD: 01/09/07 LC Hardcopy: 1/29/07 EB3 CA RIR Dallas
I-140 RD:3/12/07 ND:3/12/07 Nebraska LIN-07-XXX-XXXXX
REGULAR PROCESSING
LUD: 3/17/07

Hi Gurus

Pls add me in the Tracker

LC jul/8/2004,AD:1/29/2007
140 Receipt Date:3/12/2007(NSC) LIN 071_xxxx_xxxxx

Thanks
Srini

You are not only there alone my friend. Most of them are like that. We are stuck until we get our green card. If you file complain they will screw up your case, you already came through a long journey, may be a couple of more months to go, so my suggestion is to you is handle them tactfully.

Thank you

Average time for approval/receipt notice after noting the same online is anywhere between 3-10 business days. It may be longer depending on whether or not they get it out before the H-1 cap cases are in.

Thank you for your response.

ftsoh

I have exactly the same situation as you. We didn't receive the ETA forms but only the final determination letter from PBEC. After inquiring the PBEC for 3 months without any result, the lawyer filed the I140/I485 anyway. The Nabraska center accepted the application and assigned the receipt number. The FP has been finished. Now the wait starts again.

Did you receive the final determination letter?
Which USCIS center did you ask?

-K

labor -june 2003-approved aug 06
I140 -reg process -RD 18sept 06- no answer -no LUD-(india)
3 year bcom degree
H1-6 th year ending june 2007

what would be the ideal way to go
upgrade I140 to PP
or file H1 and get 1 year extension -regular or PP
any advice would be appreciated

thanks

Hi Max

Since you have 3 yr Degree better stay with Regular processing. Premium processing unit is very strict with the Educational qualifications.

Not sure what is mentioned for degree in your Labor appln.If you have not added " Foreign equivalent allowed" or "4 Year Degree mentioned as required" in your labor appln it will be tough with your I140 . It is better for you to file another PERM labor as a back up

Hi Max

Since you have 3 yr Degree better stay with Regular processing. Premium processing unit is very strict with the Educational qualifications.

Not sure what is mentioned for degree in your Labor appln.If you have not added " Foreign equivalent allowed" or "4 Year Degree mentioned as required" in your labor appln it will be tough with your I140 . It is better for you to file another PERM labor as a back up

Dear Saknia:

i have no degree required in my labor -all boxes (14)are empty -with 2 years experience and i have 6 years
so i should just wait or file for H1 extension for which i have only 3 months left -6th year -pls advice

Thanks for the update. The bottleneck is to obtain the Certification Copy of the LC from PBEC. Not sure about where to file a complaint.

Good luck.

You are not only there alone my friend. Most of them are like that. We are stuck until we get our green card. If you file complain they will screw up your case, you already came through a long journey, may be a couple of more months to go, so my suggestion is to you is handle them tactfully.

Thnaks for your reply. I do think that it will be very hard to complain them. They are lawyers and the contract must be written in their best interest.

ftsoh

I have exactly the same situation as you. We didn't receive the ETA forms but only the final determination letter from PBEC. After inquiring the PBEC for 3 months without any result, the lawyer filed the I140/I485 anyway. The Nabraska center accepted the application and assigned the receipt number. The FP has been finished. Now the wait starts again.

Did you receive the final determination letter?
Which USCIS center did you ask?

-K

My employer and I have a copy of the Final Determination Letter.
I called the 1-800 number so I don't know which center I spoke to.