I 140: NSC Consolidated XL Tracker

This Poll is to determine which cenetr is processing your I 140 to update the tracker

• Total voters
i don't even think you have to redo labor/140 if you already passed this stage.....as long as you are with same company ,,same job profile...and if location changes...then you shouldn;t have to do any thing again

Atleast that's what my lawyer has told me as I was in same boat...infact I have already changed state since I filed my labor and my i140 isn't even approved yet

thanks for your reply. sorry to sound doubtful but are you sure about this? did your company close office in one state completely and had you transferred and you did not start the process again? I assume you have labor certified and I-1 40 pending.

sorry to ask again but I am under the impression that if your state of work changes you have to start labor again evenif your comapny is same, job is same etc..

thanks
dhm2002

I think it all depends upon your labor. If it says work location as 'Various client locations throughout USA if not Employer HQ', you are fine. Otherwise legally speaking..I think the labor is void..but many of the people may luck out..from INS approving the case without noticing it or queries..

This is my thought..Check with your attorney.

thanks for your reply. sorry to sound doubtful but are you sure about this? did your company close office in one state completely and had you transferred and you did not start the process again? I assume you have labor certified and I-1 40 pending.

sorry to ask again but I am under the impression that if your state of work changes you have to start labor again evenif your comapny is same, job is same etc..

thanks
dhm2002

thanks
dhm2002
no,,our office wasn't closed ...but I was transferred from one state to another.....and its not just me..I have many people here who keeps transferring with in different offices of company ( different states ) and their green cards have been undergoing....

mine labor was pending when i changed state...
then my labor got approved
and now my I140 was filed back in May while I was( and I still am ) in different state and since then its pending.

I work in very big company and they usually don't do any thing outside law as they r tied up with big law companies

Last edited by a moderator:
PBEC old timers!!

Greynicolls,

Its good to see you here. So I finally after over 4 years of waiting for LC and then over 3 months of lawyer's laziness my 140 finally got filed. So I am newbie to all the terminology and the kinks of 140:
1. I have a receipt # starting with LIN. Do I still have a chance they will transfer my case to TSC? I believe TSC is easier on poor souls like us.
2. What is a LUD? What's the average time to get 140 approved?
3. What's the average time to get EAD/AP?

Thanks a lot in advance..

Its been a while since i posted as the process became too frustrating and drained all my energy.

I saw some old friends here from the Philly Backlog Saga here.....good to see you guys out of that mess.

Have attempted to update my signature and hopefully that xplains it all.

p.s

i also dont know what LUDs r :)

So the original case got closed because the attoprney got debarred somehow (i didnt know about it till the case got closed). So I asked the new attorney not to pursue that n e more and have closed this case.

In the new case after the perm got approved the department head refused to pay the prevailing wage.....that held up the filing for a few weeks........eventually i got into ALL IN mode, threatened to resign rather than file a new perm, and eventually they relented.

Greynicolls,

Its good to see you here. So I finally after over 4 years of waiting for LC and then over 3 months of lawyer's laziness my 140 finally got filed. So I am newbie to all the terminology and the kinks of 140:
1. I have a receipt # starting with LIN. Do I still have a chance they will transfer my case to TSC? I believe TSC is easier on poor souls like us.
2. What is a LUD? What's the average time to get 140 approved?
3. What's the average time to get EAD/AP?

Thanks a lot in advance..

Good to see that u got out of the PBEC mess....
1. I don't think so.
2. Latest update.
3. About 2 to three months. (for my timeline see signature).

I think it all depends upon your labor. If it says work location as 'Various client locations throughout USA if not Employer HQ', you are fine. Otherwise legally speaking..I think the labor is void..but many of the people may luck out..from INS approving the case without noticing it or queries..

This is my thought..Check with your attorney.

Hey ram_n_ram,

Did you get your I140 approval copy in hand? Did they port your EB3 priority date to your EB2 I140? Please let me know. Thanks.

no,,our office wasn't closed ...but I was transferred from one state to another.....and its not just me..I have many people here who keeps transferring with in different offices of company ( different states ) and their green cards have been undergoing....

mine labor was pending when i changed state...
then my labor got approved
and now my I140 was filed back in May while I was( and I still am ) in different state and since then its pending.

I work in very big company and they usually don't do any thing outside law as they r tied up with big law companies

hi

that is my main concern...what if there is no office on west coast anymore? I have a really bad feeling about this :confused:
Worried about losing my PD

ram n ram...don't know what is on the labor. will have to check that. Mine is not a consulting company so don't know if the wording you mentioned will be there on my labor.

I think it time to consult the company lawyer.
Even then if anybody knows about such situations pls. post

thanks for your replies
dhm2002

My attorney received my 140 approval by mail today. My PD from my approved EB3 140 was successfully ported to EB2 140. I am eligible to file my 485 now. I will have to change my employer and start my 485.

WISH YOU ALL THE BEST.

Hey ram_n_ram,

Did you get your I140 approval copy in hand? Did they port your EB3 priority date to your EB2 I140? Please let me know. Thanks.

My attorney received my 140 approval by mail today. My PD from my approved EB3 140 was successfully ported to EB2 140. I am eligible to file my 485 now. I will have to change my employer and start my 485.

WISH YOU ALL THE BEST.

Great....Congratulations...
Thanks.

Congrates

Hi Ram_n_Ram,
I am trying to do same thing what you have done, Port EB3 PD to new EB2 case But I m doing from same the employer.

I do have questions.

Why you did not file I140 and 485 together from your future employer, If you do for future employer
do you have to wait until second I140 get approved ?
OR
At that time EB2 PD was not current to file 485 ?

Pls let me know.

Thanks

WISH YOU ALL THE BEST.

I just waited because my current employer may revoke my EB3 140 and will be in a mess.

You can do concurrent with the current employer.

Hi Ram_n_Ram,
I am trying to do same thing what you have done, Port EB3 PD to new EB2 case But I m doing from same the employer.

I do have questions.

Why you did not file I140 and 485 together from your future employer, If you do for future employer
OR

Pls let me know.

Thanks

Hi Ram_n_Ram,

I do have questions.

OR

Pls let me know.

Thanks

Just have a question re porting approved EB3 pd, my I40 is still in process but I'm thinking of transfering to another company (IT consulting) and planning to file it on EB2 base on experience (BS + 14 yrs IT exp and some units earned in MS CS)... is it easier to have it apply on EB2 to a consulting company? my lawyer says it is not advisable for EB2 at my current employer bec. company is small, they need to have a required income.. wherein consulting it will have better chances...

Thanks for the reply.

Did you apply second (EB2)
I140 in premium or regular ? I heard in premium they send more queries.

Also If you do not mind, Can you pls let me know, Is your salary is close to prevailing wage which you have mentioned in PERM labor or lower than this ?

Thanks.

I just waited because my current employer may revoke my EB3 140 and will be in a mess.

You can do concurrent with the current employer.

I-140 - REGULAR..took 10 months.
prevailing wage is 41 per hr.
I am not employed with the company. I am future employee..The 140 is approved based on the company's tax documents..

Thanks for the reply.

Did you apply second (EB2)
I140 in premium or regular ? I heard in premium they send more queries.

Also If you do not mind, Can you pls let me know, Is your salary is close to prevailing wage which you have mentioned in PERM labor or lower than this ?

Thanks.

Request

I am new to this forum. I have no idea some of the terms are used here, if someone help to understand that, that would be really appreciated.

what is LUD? Is it Last Update date? If yes, how could you check that?

Thanks !!

Suggestions For Switching To Pp

CONCURRENT FILING DATE IS OCTOBER 06 EB2 WORL

is there n e benefit on switching to I-140 PP now, since even if it gets approved in a week or so, the 485 arpproval won't come n e quicker......

a lil confused and not sure if there is n e benefit at this time to shell out the extra thousand plus attorney fee for switchign to pp

would appreciate n e suggestions from the experts

1. I think they meant employment verification letter, which is the experience letter. it is a routine for everyone who had used experience in their LC.
2. i would send both. it won't harm.
3. the format is quite simple, basically it would describe when and on what positioin you worked with the company and what your job description is.
good luck.
Got an RFE for premium processing of I-140:to send beneficiary's employment letter and transcript. I think I got RFE because Tte experience letter and trancript were not included while filing.My lawyer never asked me to give all that documents.
Can some one tell us:
1.what is beneficiary's employment letter? Is it the letter from my current employer who applied for my GC or does it mean experience letter.My HR said it is the experience letter.

2.Transcript: I have a MS from US university and a B.Sc from India.Do I need to send only the transcript for my MS degree or I need the transcript for B.Sc one from India too

3.How should an experience letter look like, any particular format?

4.One of my previous employer is out of business now. It was a start up company. I do not have an employment letter from them and I have put that experience in my resume for labor application. Of course I can try to get one from them as I know the previous employer personally and keep occassional contact with them.Is it ok for them to give me one now for my previous experience
My question is, will it be a problem later as the company does not exist any longer?
Thanks

You are right but I would like to add one more thing to the question number 2, my attorney asked me to give him not only MS or BS transripts, he also asked me to give him SSC and HSC plus not only transcripts he wanted me give him certificates along with transripts.

1. I think they meant employment verification letter, which is the experience letter. it is a routine for everyone who had used experience in their LC.
2. i would send both. it won't harm.
3. the format is quite simple, basically it would describe when and on what positioin you worked with the company and what your job description is.
good luck.

I don't know if it would be a problem that your previous employer no longer exists. i never had experience on that front. but i guess you can ask your lawyer, i assume your W-2 or payroll info should help too.
as for whether to submit exactly what immigration asked or submit more. i had the same question with my RFE and my lawyer said to do the latter while another lawyer i consulted suggested the opposite. he even told me to resubmit everything i had originally submitted to make the immigration officer's life easier so he/she might be nice with my case. eventually i had to go with what my lawyer suggested and i am still waiting so i wouldn't be able to tell you which way worked or not.
good luck to us all.

Thanks for the response.
Today I saw the RFE.It asks for two things. To quote:
" 1.Submit the beneficiary's transcript from (name of the institute of my MS).
2.Submit the beneficiary's employment letters."

When they ask specifically like this, do we have to send all or not take chance and send every paper.

I saw two response regarding beneficiary's employer's letter. Some people think it is the experience letter and some think it is the present employer's letter offering job.Any advise

Thanks for the response.
Today I saw the RFE.It asks for two things. To quote:
" 1.Submit the beneficiary's transcript from (name of the institute of my MS).
2.Submit the beneficiary's employment letters."

When they ask specifically like this, do we have to send all or not take chance and send every paper.

I saw two response regarding beneficiary's employer's letter. Some people think it is the experience letter and some think it is the present employer's letter offering job.Any advise

To be on the safer side, I will recommend you send both the employer's letter and the experience letter and then allow them to choose the one they want. These guys are there to frustrate mankind. So do send every document you have at your disposal. In my case, my Bsc from Nigeria together with a course by course evaluation from WES and my MS ( both transcript and certificate)from US as well as my state teaching license were mailed to my attorney. You do not want to take chances.

Last edited by a moderator: