I 140: NSC Consolidated XL Tracker

This Poll is to determine which cenetr is processing your I 140 to update the tracker

• Total voters
140 Approval after PP upgrade.

Received 3 emails this morning that 140 was approved on Oct 13. Finally this stage is done after 5 months and some extra money.

hebron said:
Hi Guys,

My I-140 got approved. Got e-mail this norning that I-140 has been approved on Oct 13. Thanks for all your help and suggestions. Especially to GC_NY_Victim, Felix 821 etc.. Good luck all of you...

Details:
-------
EB3/India
I-140 applied - August 3 (NSC)
Upgraded to PP : October 11
Approved: October 13

That's very good news. Good luck for next stage.

for adusumilli

I want to know the same thing. I am in similar situation as you. I tried calling them but didn't get any information. I will ask my lawyer to find out what happened to my application. You can do the same I guess the lawyer can find out about the status of a pending application

adusumilli said:
Hi guys

Does anybody know if nebraska responds if we call regarding a case that is filed on apirl 3rd and still pending while processing dates are apirl 11th.

thanks
Gopi

HA-1 said:
Hi,
May I ask why upgrade to PP and pay $1000 if visa not available yet?
I have been asked this question by my lawyer when I request the PP upgrade for my 8/14 I-140. In other word, what is the benifit of I-140 fast approval without I-485?
Thank you.

3 reasons:
-----------
1. If you want to get 3 year H1 extension.
2. This gives you additional time to take some action, if anything happens to the I-140 application (God Forbid). Especially if your future is hanging on the 1 year H1-B extension you would need as much time as possible.
3. Above all "Peace of mind".

You may also want to check this site.

http://www.usvisanews.com/articles/memo2483.shtml

Good luck.

gc212 said:
I want to know the same thing. I am in similar situation as you. I tried calling them but didn't get any information. I will ask my lawyer to find out what happened to my application. You can do the same I guess the lawyer can find out about the status of a pending application

Hi gc212

Thanks, I think all idots work in my lawyers office they don't even want to call uscis. The best suggestion they came up with is wait till this month end and apply in PP. I dont know how these guys can sleep every night.

Thanks
Gopi

Hi adusumilli

I am sorry to hear about your lawyer situation but I guess now there is no point going for PP because they have already passed our dates. Our lawyers just need to call them and ask them what's going on with our application. I will ask my lawyer to send a query this thursday and will keep you posted how to go about it if I hear something. Meanwhile if you get something keep me posted. Good luck
adusumilli said:
Hi gc212

Thanks, I think all idots work in my lawyers office they don't even want to call uscis. The best suggestion they came up with is wait till this month end and apply in PP. I dont know how these guys can sleep every night.

Thanks
Gopi

More details, if you have !!!!

Hi,
I got my I-140 approved...
I have AP (to travel) and EAD (to work) for me and my wife.
My H1 expiring on 15th Dec this is my 8th year on H1.

Next thing is....
Most of my friends said I do not need to file extension as I got AP and EAD which satisfies all my H1 needs.....
getting AP/EAD means my status is changed from H1.

What do you say should I file extension or just use AP/EAD till GC comes.

Please shear you comments.....

Thanks

:)
hebron said:
3 reasons:
-----------
1. If you want to get 3 year H1 extension.
2. This gives you additional time to take some action, if anything happens to the I-140 application (God Forbid). Especially if your future is hanging on the 1 year H1-B extension you would need as much time as possible.
3. Above all "Peace of mind".

You may also want to check this site.

http://www.usvisanews.com/articles/memo2483.shtml

Good luck.

Offtopic questions

Guys,

I am also the victim of EB3 situation and trying to consider my options. I also have some questions for the gurus in this forum.

1. Is it mandatory to have Master degree to qualify for EB2 ? I have 10 years of experience(thanks to 5 years wait for LC approval).

2. Can an employer file and get my LC and I-140 approved before I join that employer(I heard GC is for future employees) ?

3. Let us assume that I have to join new employer. What would happen if my I-140 is revoked by current employer before I get my LC and I-140 approved by new employer ?Will my H1 expire right away or I will just loose my PD ?

Hi,
I updated to PP on the first day it started, but got a RFE on 10/03. The RFE is regarding some missing fields in the PP application itseems. My lawyer says he responded to RFE by overnight (ie 10/04).

Since then, neither my status got updated nor I received any approval/RFE. Is anyone in the same boat? I see ppls getting approvals in 3-4 days.

LC State: CA
LC Category: EB2 PERM

I-140 FD: 05/25/2006
I-140 RD: 06/09/2006
Upgraded to PP: 09/25/2006
LUD: 09/26, RFE 10/03
RFE responded on 10/04

Thx

anilt75 said:
GCOnly,

I have been tracking your case. Any update yet?
Nothing yet. Still waiting with my fingers crossed. I shall post here as soon as any outcome is determined either way or an RFE is issued.

What is the significance of LUD?

Hi,

My I140 was applied on 9/5/06 and the LUD is 9/25/06.

What does exactly mean by LUD? Does it mean that some one has been assigned to my case and the person has looked briefly into this case? If there is no RFE after first LUD then should it be considerred safe?

Mine is a substitute labor in EB3 category.

Thanks

Hi,
I updated to PP on the first day it started, but got a RFE on 10/03. The RFE is regarding some missing fields in the PP application itseems. My lawyer says he responded to RFE by overnight (ie 10/04). Does it take this long to update the case?

My status is clean ... MS + 5 yrs exp ... full time all the ... working for good company..

Since then, neither my status got updated nor I received any approval/RFE. Is anyone in the same boat? I see ppls getting approvals in 3-4 days.

LC State: CA
LC Category: EB2 PERM

I-140 FD: 05/25/2006
I-140 RD: 06/09/2006
Upgraded to PP: 09/25/2006
LUD: 09/26, RFE 10/03
RFE responded on 10/04

Thx

Can we use previous employer LC and 140

Guys,
By reading so many querries I know most of us are having old cases with previous employers but had to move to new employer for various reasons. The point now is we should ask our attorneys and gurus that if can we use our old LC and approved 140 from previous employers to file I-485. If this is possible we could save a lot of time, money as well as escape from the tantrums of desi consulting companies.

What do you guys think? I just got an reply from my attorney saying we can re-file the 140 with new employer and use old PD if earlier 140 is not revoked.

Please do post your opinions as it might help few dozens of desi GC victims.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

My previous I-140 was denied twice due to 4 yr degree req mentioned in the labor(filed twice using same labor, second time with Sheila’s eval). Finally, started a new PERM and filed the I-140 PP. My RD is Oct-13 and LUD changed on Oct-16 and Oct-17.

Any thoughts?

New PERM EdU req is BS or EQUIVALENT (EQUIV = 3 YR DEGREE +3 YR WORK EXP OR ADDITIONAL COURSE WORK)

Thanks......

LaborCleared said:
Guys,
By reading so many querries I know most of us are having old cases with previous employers but had to move to new employer for various reasons. The point now is we should ask our attorneys and gurus that if can we use our old LC and approved 140 from previous employers to file I-485. If this is possible we could save a lot of time, money as well as escape from the tantrums of desi consulting companies.

What do you guys think? I just got an reply from my attorney saying we can re-file the 140 with new employer and use old PD if earlier 140 is not revoked.

Please do post your opinions as it might help few dozens of desi GC victims.
My understanding of porting of priority dates is that in order to be able to use the PD from your previous employer, you need to have your Labor and I-140 cleared while you were still working with your previous employer. You should not have switched job before I-140 was cleared. Of course your old employer must not revoke I-140.

If on the other hand, your labor or I-140 got approved after you left your old company, you will need to become an employee of the old company in order to be able to avail that priority date.

Other gurus here, please correct me if I am wrong.

Perm regulations regarding experience with current employer

My priority date is Nov 2005 but I have been with my employer since mid 2002. So, I have about 3.5 yrs of exp. before the priority date with the current employer. Can I use this exp. in satisfying the labor requirements ?

The labor requires 3 yrs exp while I have only 1.5 yrs before joining my current employer. But if I add my exp with the current employer (who filed my PERM) before the priority date, the total exp. becomes more than 5 years. Will that work in satisfying the labor requirements?