I 140: NSC Consolidated XL Tracker

This Poll is to determine which cenetr is processing your I 140 to update the tracker

• Total voters
140 receipt time

My 140 was filed on Aug 15 and I want to know when I can expect lawyer to receive the receipt.

How many days does it take for us to receive the notice of receipt?

Thanks.

Usually 2-3 weeks.

MannyD said:
My 140 was filed on Aug 15 and I want to know when I can expect lawyer to receive the receipt.

How many days does it take for us to receive the notice of receipt?

Thanks.

140 and 485 in the same center

gcpursuer said:
My I-140 went NSC whereas my I-1485 was sent to TSC after we attached the Receipt notice. I-140 was applied in May and I-1485 in July.
Not sure if the fact that both went to different centers will impact the processing time. I received my EADs and APs. Will I-485 be impacted as I-140 was filed in another center?

Hi gcpursuer,

We had the same thing happen. We filed 140 on May11 (not yet approved) and it went to NSC(LIN Number). We filed 485/EAD/AP on May31 and those went to TSC (SRCnumber). We got FP done, EAD and AP approval from TSC. After that they transferred our case to NSC. When we called and asked, we were told, it was probably because our 140 was pening in NSC. I have seen 2 other cases of this happening.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
140 RD May11, LUD Jul22 AD - ??
485 RD Jun 1, LUD Jun27, Jun 28, Jul 8 AD - ??
EAD RD Jun 1, AD Jun 30
AP RD Jun 1, AD Jun 24

gc_rush said:
Hi gcpursuer,

We had the same thing happen. We filed 140 on May11 (not yet approved) and it went to NSC(LIN Number). We filed 485/EAD/AP on May31 and those went to TSC (SRCnumber). We got FP done, EAD and AP approval from TSC. After that they transferred our case to NSC. When we called and asked, we were told, it was probably because our 140 was pening in NSC. I have seen 2 other cases of this happening.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
140 RD May11, LUD Jul22 AD - ??
485 RD Jun 1, LUD Jun27, Jun 28, Jul 8 AD - ??
EAD RD Jun 1, AD Jun 30
AP RD Jun 1, AD Jun 24

so r u sayin that wherever the i140 willbe processed then the i 485 will follow it sooner or later to that center?

what i mean if the i140 ended up to be in TSC and the the i485 ended in NSC, then the i485 will be transfered to TSC? or what?

When the bi specialization program was announced, they mentioned that the center that does the 140 will also do the 485 and others. So I think we can expect that. It happened in our case. There was no other reason to move it to NSC.

gc_rush said:
When the bi specialization program was announced, they mentioned that the center that does the 140 will also do the 485 and others. So I think we can expect that. It happened in our case. There was no other reason to move it to NSC.

so u sent ur i485 around 30 may u said, when ur file has been transfered to NSC? i'm just trying to c how long it takes to transfer the file? did u get new number from nebarska starting with LIn for the I485? if so when u got it? thks

We did FP on Jun 26. There was a LUD on 485 on Jun 27 and Jun 28 the message changed that it is being moved. Within a week we got a transfer notice. But we still track it with SRC number or A number. They dont issue a LIN number after the transfer.

gc_rush said:
We did FP on Jun 26. There was a LUD on 485 on Jun 27 and Jun 28 the message changed that it is being moved. Within a week we got a transfer notice. But we still track it with SRC number or A number. They dont issue a LIN number after the transfer.
ok so why this happened? u didn;t showed them when u sent your i485 document a copy of ur I140 receipt that it was received by NSC? i was thinkin if u have a provided them with a copy of ur i140 then they will send directly ur 485 file to the corresponding center.

bigbang2001 said:
Talk to your lawyer but I think you can. I checked up the latest form and from the look of it it seem like pending EB-3 I-140 cases can upgrade to premium. There are restrictions though so take a look at immigration-law.com for details of these.

Thanks for your help. I hope you are out too. Is there a way to check the status of your I-140 application ?

the 140 receipt was sent. But I think they made a mistake by sending the 485 to TSC. And when TSC realized the 140 was in NSC, they sent it back.

gc_rush said:
the 140 receipt was sent. But I think they made a mistake by sending the 485 to TSC. And when TSC realized the 140 was in NSC, they sent it back.

i c. u don;t think in that case we should sent directly the i485 to the processing center of i140 instead? i mean this process is a mess realy.

gc_rush said:
We are now allowed to send 140 and 485 to NSC only. They redirect some to TSC. So we cannot control it.

I did not get a transfer notice on my I-485 as yet and I hope it does not go to NSC. I have a LIN on my I-140 and SRC on my I-485. Did the transfer notice on your I-485 come to you or your lawyer?

gcpursuer said:
I did not get a transfer notice on my I-485 as yet and I hope it does not go to NSC. I have a LIN on my I-140 and SRC on my I-485. Did the transfer notice on your I-485 come to you or your lawyer?

The transfer notice came to us. The lawyer had no idea about it. And yeah its good if ur case gets to stay in TSC. Good luck.

gcpursuer said:

when u applied to the i485 and the i140?did u get ur fingerprint done? is it possible to aprove i140 in one center and i485 in another one? i would doubt. pls provide detaisla bout ur case.

antonioa77 said:
so how then u knew then that ur I140 has been aproved? u got a letter by mail from uscis?

I checked on the uscis website (case status online) once in a while and just notice that it has been approved today (08/30/06).