I-140 CALIFORNIA EB2 Tracker only

Praveen H1B said:
Got email confirmation from USCIS today that my I-140 and I-485 have been approved. :)

Semi Concurrent
I-140 RD(01/29/2004) AD(11/02/2004)
I-485 RD(04/16/2004) AD(11/02/2004)
FP done on 05/04/2004
EAD and AP done on 05/14/2004

CONGRATS, ENJOY YOUR FREEDOM. :)

Approved!!!

I don't believe it yet, but I received the famous email from BCIS...
Application Type: I485 , Application to Register Permanent Residence or
to Adjust Status
Current Status:
This case has been approved. ...

I just hope it's not a mistake. It's funny as in a way it changes nothing, and the other it changes everything.
Thanks to everyone on this forum to educate me on imigration issues. Information is power, keep it on.

Jit?

ss1123 said:
Looks like the non-concurrent cases are moving per the JIT dates

Hello ss1123,

I am new there and I was wondering what JIT stands for.
I think that LUD is "Last Updated Date" but I am not sure either.

===============
CSC/EB-2
I-140: RD Oct 2004
I-485: RD Oct 2004
AP: RD Oct 2004
EAD: RD Oct 2004
FP: scheduled for 16Nov2004
===============

I140 non-cocurrent status

Filed on 9/25/03
Attorney sent inquiry to CSC on 10/7, told to wait 30 more days
Attorney sent a second inquiry to CSC on 11/9

In Same boat

I got same reply from my lawyer. People who's labor got approved after mine have filed concurrent and are lucky to have EAD!

If want to discuss more, send me an private email.

Jai Hanuman

gkmhan said:
My company says that since my case is labor substitution case, it will be better for me to file I-485 only after my I-140 is approved. Is there any such rule? What is the relation between labor substitution and concurrent filing? Or is my company being stingy because in case my I-140 gets rejected, they don't need to spend money on I-485.

I don't want to wait for filing my I-485 because it will delay my wife getting EAD to work. Its my understanding that once my wife gets EAD, she can start working irrespective of when the I-140 is approved. Is this correct?

jyesjc said:
Filed on 9/25/03
Same deal with me, attorney sent 2 inquiries, phoned, emailed them, but no reply. So now I have opened an inquiry via my local congressman (Pete Stark). Hang in there, there is only so much you can do.

Similar situation like jyesjc

I 140 RD 9/8/2003
I 458 RD 10/2/2003
EAD approved 02/2004
FP April 2004

Inquiry 1 on 10/8/2004
Inquiry 2 on 11/10/2004

hate140delay, smurftigger

I got a notice of action dated 11/10 for my I140 approval yesterday through my attorney.

Filed on 9/25/03 (non-concurrent)
Approved on 11/10

I don't know what happend between 11/9 and 11/10, or if they've started work on my file just after the first call.

Hope yours to be done soon.

Congrats Jyesjc

Jyesjc,

Couple questions :
Did you file for your EAD? and
Did your LUD change after the inquiry?

Keeping my fingers crossed.

jyesjc said:
I got a notice of action dated 11/10 for my I140 approval yesterday through my attorney.

Filed on 9/25/03 (non-concurrent)
Approved on 11/10

I don't know what happend between 11/9 and 11/10, or if they've started work on my file just after the first call.

Hope yours to be done soon.
CONGRATULATIONS!! I think they have finally started working on old cases. My 140 LUD has been updated to today. Hope I get the same result as you. BTW did the message or LUD change for you?

I140/i485

Hi, gurus:

I just got my LC recently and I'm new to this forum. A quick question about next steps:

My company will pay for I140 fees, but not I485, and the attorney is charging 4K-5K for I485(AP and EAD). That is too much for me. I wonder if it's possible to let the lawyer do I140 and file I485 by myself later on. If so, what documents do I need from the lawyer for I485, say, I140 receipt?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Thanks

Sorry, I’m not familiar with the term LUD.

I didn’t get any RFEs, or any communication. Also, I am planning on Consulate Processing to get an interview back in my country. When I started to work on my I140, it was faster even against concurrent processing. Now, I don’t know. But the time necessary for Consulate General of US to issue an immigrant visa is pretty much fixed (6 month minus).

I didn’t file EAD. It comes only with I485 process. I still maintain my H1-b and need to do so until everything is done.

Twins said:
Hi, gurus:

I just got my LC recently and I'm new to this forum. A quick question about next steps:

My company will pay for I140 fees, but not I485, and the attorney is charging 4K-5K for I485(AP and EAD). That is too much for me. I wonder if it's possible to let the lawyer do I140 and file I485 by myself later on. If so, what documents do I need from the lawyer for I485, say, I140 receipt?

Thanks a lot for your help.
Well, just do a concurrent filling with whatever Lawyer. Ask your company if they can do it through some other Lawyer, or if you can arrange one for them. Also do everything by Dec 2004, dont wait, as the word is out that there will be a dormant period till the Visa Nos are available in 2005. Bargain that you dont need EAD or AP. You can file them yourselves, why pay a Lawyer for that stuff. Plus you just need EAD for your spouse, and can travel on your H1 with no effect on 485 unless you change employment.

Last edited by a moderator:
semi-concurrent?

Thanks, BadaBhai! That's very helpful.

It seems that I have to use the company lawyer for I140, so my question is: can I file 485 myself right after the 140 is done by the lawyer? Is it still considered concurrent or so-called semi-concurrent? What documents do I need from the lawyer for 485 to show INS I140 filing, since 140 and 485 are filed separately at different time? :confused:

Thanks a lot!

BadaBhai said:
Well, just do a concurrent filling with whatever Lawyer. Ask your company if they can do it through some other Lawyer, or if you can arrange one for them. Also do everything by Dec 2004, dont wait, as the word is out that there will be a dormant period till the Visa Nos are available in 2005. Bargain that you dont need EAD or AP. You can file them yourselves, why pay a Lawyer for that stuff. Plus you just need EAD for your spouse, and can travel on your H1 with no effect on 485 unless you change employment.

Twins said:
Thanks, BadaBhai! That's very helpful.

It seems that I have to use the company lawyer for I140, so my question is: can I file 485 myself right after the 140 is done by the lawyer? Is it still considered concurrent or so-called semi-concurrent? What documents do I need from the lawyer for 485 to show INS I140 filing, since 140 and 485 are filed separately at different time? :confused:

Thanks a lot!
My advice is then use Company Lawyer for both 140 and 485. Ask him if you can pay in Installments. You need to send both the forms in One Single Envelope to be considered as truly concurrent. DONT TAKE CHANCES FOR 485 BY FILING YOURSELF. Saving few bucks might get you in bigger trouble. There are some documents that are required, but not mentioned in Forms Requirements. There is more stuff like Educational Evaluation etc. Prepairing all that stuff you need a Professional Person. Stuff like Fax Inquiry of case etc., Also, God Forbid If you get a RFE, how will you respond to it. This is the reason he is charging you that amount.

Lud

smurftigger said:
LUD is last updated date on the USCIS site.You can see that if you have a login created for your case.

I didn't create a login to the USCIS site. So, I didn't check LUD.

Thanks

Got you. Thank you so much :) . I'm gonna take your suggestion and skip AP and EAD for now, since we both are on H1B.

Thanks again. Best.

BadaBhai said:
My advice is then use Company Lawyer for both 140 and 485. Ask him if you can pay in Installments. You need to send both the forms in One Single Envelope to be considered as truly concurrent. DONT TAKE CHANCES FOR 485 BY FILING YOURSELF. Saving few bucks might get you in bigger trouble. There are some documents that are required, but not mentioned in Forms Requirements. There is more stuff like Educational Evaluation etc. Prepairing all that stuff you need a Professional Person. Stuff like Fax Inquiry of case etc., Also, God Forbid If you get a RFE, how will you respond to it. This is the reason he is charging you that amount.

Twins said:
Got you. Thank you so much :) . I'm gonna take your suggestion and skip AP and EAD for now, since we both are on H1B.

Thanks again. Best.
Sorry twins, your spouse needs a AP. See, now you tell me the whole stuff. God I might have misguided you. His/Her change of status will be considered Abondoned if he/she or anybody including you tries to enter country on a different H1-b petition. And please post the stuff outside this tracker, because its supposed to be for EB2- filers to keep track of pending applications. Dont worry people in the fourm are v v helpful and will respond to you even if you create a new link. It confused me twice to see if anybody got approved. We are all holding our breath to a Nail Bitting USCIS (Like Indo Pak) match to see whos getting clean bold(RFE) and whos getting a Sixer(Approval).