I-140 CALIFORNIA EB2 Tracker only

Desi,

I heard otherwise. i.e - Our attorney is not sure if pilot is stopped or in place. Did you ask the source from your attorney?

Also can you send me the script to monitor cases filed during my timeframe? I can post the approvals if any.

AILA/CSC meeting is on 25th Aug. We should have some confirmed news on 26th.

Question on Fax inquiry

How long does it take for the service center to respond to a fax inquiry for a pending I-140 application.

I know there are no definitive time frames but just wanted to know a trend where people have seen ANY change in their applications (or no change at all).

Thanks.

Me too

desi145 said:
I sent email on 8/16 and received the reply on 8/19...so I would say give them three working days. The reply doesn't look like automated as it clearly says my name, case number...etc, but the message seems like generic format. Here is the exact message words.

The case is still pending. Service is currently processing I-140 (d) cases
received on or before July 28, 2003. Your case was filed on August 8, 2003.
Please contact the petitioner or the representative for any future status
inquiries.

This mesage is consistent with what customer Rep told me...that they won't be able to give me further information, either attorney or company HR person has to talk to them.

I also got the same / similar message.

Lud changed

desi145 said:
This is the email address.
CSC-XII.140@dhs.gov

Let me know after receiving their reply, whether your LUD changes or not. I didn't see LUD change immediately, but after 3-4 hours that got changed.
My LUD for I-140 changed after I got similar message as yours.

thanks askgc,
I don't think we can trust on LUDs anymore now. We won't be able to predict anything out of the LUD pattern.

Hi phdchemist,dasbabu and others..

Anyone did 140 cases scanning recently?
any update or movement in right direction....

desi145 said:
Hi phdchemist,dasbabu and others..

Anyone did 140 cases scanning recently?
any update or movement in right direction....

Hi desi145,

I am scanning pretty much every day and nothing happening in last week or so. One case got touched (LUD changed) on 8/24/04, but that's about it. I am surprised that after few approvals a couple of weeks ago no change for a while now.

PhDchemist,

Your scan is a full scan for all the case or just for a certain set of case number you know? Kinda curious.

ycning said:
PhDchemist,

Your scan is a full scan for all the case or just for a certain set of case number you know? Kinda curious.

Hi ycning,

I scan a set of 55 I140 cases whose numbers I have. I have scanned some 4000 cases and within these 4000 were 55 I140 cases. This was very time consuming since USCIS allows you to scan ca. 200 cases every 2-3 days. After getting these 55 cases I kinda stoped searching for case numbers and am only scanning numbers that I already have. I hope this answers your question.

still discouraging

isn't it more than 360 days for EB2 guys here? the status says "360 to 360 days for this kind of application" for most of 140 guys I think. for me it will be 360 in another 3 weeks.

can we send a mail or ask our attorneys to call them up and talk after its 360 days.

immportuser said:
isn't it more than 360 days for EB2 guys here? the status says "360 to 360 days for this kind of application" for most of 140 guys I think. for me it will be 360 in another 3 weeks.

can we send a mail or ask our attorneys to call them up and talk after its 360 days.

Hi immportuser,

I think I read somewhere it is 360 business days, which translates to 360/5*7=504 human days :rolleyes: So another 4.8 months to go.

immportuser,
I have finished 360 days and then sent an email as well as call the customer rep. They said don't look at the online status, look at the JIT report, that's latest. We are currently working on July cases. Please call back after 2 months.
But, it's not a bad idea, it may trigger processing. Maybe you can send them a fax or an email.

Hi all,

a couple of LUDs for cases filed on 09/24/2003 got updated today. For one case there was no status change for the other it says "On August 26, 2004, this case was transferred to our Administrative Appeals Office for review." I havn't seen this before. Does it mean it has been rejected and now it is send for review? :(

could it because they were reviewing RFE response or something?

but if the JIT says 07/23 why are those whizkids (or adults) working on 09/24. did some hyperactive officer wanted to finish homework sooner?

I think this is what is happening - they are scrolling through the list and are approving the cases they can approve easily(read - applications from big companies)...its' like the situation when you tackle the least difficult jobs first and then convince yourself you have done a lot of work(the 80-20 rule) - that way the back log also reduces!!

hi Phdchemist

regarding days, i don't think its business days. its calendar days mostly. because if JIT is 30days past applications ND, applicant can send fax inquiry about his/her case for immediate attention.

i think the same "days" applies here. i know my friends did that.

but maybe there is a fine print somewhere which i overlooked that says "BCIS 1 day=applicant's 1.5 days"

PhDchemist said:
Hi all,

a couple of LUDs for cases filed on 09/24/2003 got updated today. For one case there was no status change for the other it says "On August 26, 2004, this case was transferred to our Administrative Appeals Office for review." I havn't seen this before. Does it mean it has been rejected and now it is send for review? :(

Hi all,

the case that had LUD change yesterday got its status change today (got a RFE), and another WAC032655xxx case got approved today. :)

immportuser said:
but if the JIT says 07/23 why are those whizkids (or adults) working on 09/24. did some hyperactive officer wanted to finish homework sooner?
To comment on this I'll warn you that the following analysis is based on my personal observations, I have no clue how does it relate to real review process, but... I think we are always looking at the gaussian curve of dates for cases under review. let's say USCIS is reviewing mid August 2003 cases predominantly. I am sure a few late August cases will get a review, few from early September and one or two in mid or later September. The same thing with the cases on the other end. Some late July, a few early July and some even from June and May. Then when 95% of the cases get adjuctidated before a certain date, that date becomes official JIT date. Just my two cents.

I agree with this gaussian curve theory. This may be true, as we have seen lot of people in 485 waiting for approval for 2002 filers, but maybe they have finished many of Jan 2003 cases and were able to change JIT to Jan 2003.

I hate this kind of haphazard processing...I don't want to go ahead in line ...but I would not want to see anyone applied after me and getting approved ahead of me. BCIS fellas should be taught basics of microprocessor..FIFO ( First In First Out)