I-140 CALIFORNIA EB2 Tracker only

same message

Onlooker,

Congradulations! do you get the news from laywer or AVM. If you check by AVM, it may be slower than laywer notice. Am I right?

Jitup, lala123,

May be you should check it out with your laywer. Please post the updated information. Thanks!

I still got same old message :(

good news 1-40 (sub LC) got approved

Finally I got the call from my attorney for the approval

glovia1 132-55Xxx(subs.LC)
RD 03/11/02
ND 03/11/02
(rcvd RFE on 7/8/02&replied on 7/9)

Approved
AD 08/23/02

Thanks to all of you

I had already filed my I-485

Not sure if INS will request the approval notice when they start to adjudicate my I-485 adjustment of status documents.

Any ideas ?

CONGRATS glovia1!!! (and updated EB2 list)

That's really great news. I think your RFE was also request newly signed labor certification documents, right?

Also, did you check your AVM, whether it's also saying that it is approved, or the same old "150 soemthing days" thing?

Congrats again, and good luck at the 485, I'm filing I485 too (provided all the documents, and waiting for them to prepare the forms etc.)

malkoc

Re:CONGRATS glovia1!!! (and updated EB2 list)

malkoc

Yes My REFE was for newly signed labor certification documents

Good luck to you and all, you should be getting it soon.

I have not checked the AVM, I will check it tonight

thanks

Which one is EB3??????

which one is EB2
I-140 A&B E1-E2 03/11/02
I-140 C E1- 3 03/25/02
I-140 D E2 - 1 04/17/02
I-140 E E - 3 05/01/02
I-140 G EW - 3 04/10/02

Which one is EB2????????????

which one is EB2 ???????

I-140 A&B E1-E2 03/11/02
I-140 C E1- 3 03/25/02
I-140 D E2 - 1 04/17/02
I-140 E E - 3 05/01/02
I-140 G EW - 3 04/10/02

Also, My friend has done BE in Computer Science , 4 years degree. She has 8 years experience. Can she file her I-140 under EB2 category as she is BE and has 8 yrs exp or it is better to file under EB3 category???????
Which one is currently faster, EB2 or EB3???????/

Re: Which one is EB2????????????

"I-140 D E2 - 1" is EB2.

As far as I know, the preference level is determined when filing LC, so she should file whatever the LC was approved for. The latest processing times as of 8/16/02 for EB2 and EB3:

EB2 ==> I-140 D E2 - 1 -- 07/31/02
EB3 ==> I-140 E E - 3 -- 05/29/02

Hope this helps.

malkoc

Re: I-140 approval; EB-2, CA

Thanks very much for malkoc and Jitup for your suggestions. lala123, I checked about my case on AVM only once when I got my I-140 case number. That was very close to Jitup's number. At that time, they were saying that such cases take 30 - 60 days. Again I heard only 2 or 3 days back and the case was approved. In fact I was caught unawares as I was expecting that it would take few months and I would go home and get married and come back, But things happened so fast and it did not take even 30 dyas. About the date I could be wrong by a day. But I think your cases can get approved anytime and please be ready in case you need to get married etc. I waited for labor certification for more than a year and I was kind of not even ready in a way for the 140 approval. Of course I am am glad but I wish I had done my home work properly. Good luck to all of you and thanks malkoc and jitup again for your suggestions.

Cheers, Onlooker

Heard on AVM

mlin144

I heard my 140 Approval on the AVM around 3 days back. In fact I do not think my lawyer knows it. Or at least I have not heard from them and I also did not try to contact my attorney yet. I guess I should move fast and try to file 485 as soon as possible. Otherwise I think the queue may become longer and things like priority dates will come into there pristine times.

Thanks, Onlooker

Re: I-140 approval; EB-2, CA

onlooker,

I'd suggest you to start gathering the required documents for filing I-485, there is a long list for that. Considering the medical exams and others, you may need a month just for getting your paperwork ready anyway, and try to get your lawyer to work on the filing forms (which I think it would be a difficult task). Mine said that they needed at least two weeks to get the provided documents checked and to get the forms ready :(

malkoc

onlooker - how true

DOL absolutely stripped out any exisiting degree of optimism I had. I am in the same boat as you, did not expect I140 to move this fast, and now I am scrambling around to collect papers and documents for my I485. I sent off one load to the lawyer yesterday. Isn't it curious though, we bitch and crib about how slow INS moves and when it moves fast, we bitch because they caught us unaware! :D

It is curious to see the progression of cases for I140 though, I am expecting very fast approvals for atleast everyone, considering the speed of some of the approvals already issued. I wonder in what warped frame of mind these case officers are working on. Some of them seem to be on Speed, the others bordering on inactivity. There is no logic to it.

Here is to hoping everyone gets approvals soon. It will be a bloody relief to get the passport stamped, in the end of it all, I can tell you!

-
:cool:

EB2 or EB3 ??????/

EB2 or EB3 ??????/
My friend has BE in computer Science, 4 yrs degree and she has 8 yrs of s/w exp. Should she file for I-140 in EB3 or EB2?????????

Re: receive RFE

Just check out AVM. It says to request further evidence on July, 28, 2002 :( I got to check with my laywer what INS request for.

I guess that it is company's acquisition problem. My company got merged. How much is the percentage to get denay for REF? Anyone wants to share experience.

malkoc, glovial,

what do they request for your cases? How long will it take for approval? One more month or longer?

mlin144

any new approvals ???
Mine is still pending.

Today I filed my I-485. When will I get my receipt notice?

Thanks

JITUP

same message for me also. I got 485 Receipt notice in a week.

PD : aug 23
RD : aUG 24

I received this week the Receipt notice

got FP notice too for 485

I did 140/485 concurrent 2 weeks before , this week my 140 got approved and today I got FP notice too:)

I was surprised..

Things are moving faster

Re: receive RFE

mlin144,

Mine was newly signed LC forms (ETA ...), so was glovia1's I guess. glovia1 got the approval about 6 weeks, there is another record with RFE in the EB2 list, that was also approved too.
I wasn't able to get my lawyer act faster, so they sent the reply to RFE two weeks ago (5 weeks after the RFE was issued), so I haven't heard anything back yet. I guess if you provide whatever was asked in the RFE, you should normally expect it to be approved, because from what I heard, INS issues all the requests once. So it very depends on if you can provide whatever was asked. Generally it's routine paperwork.

not recive notice yet

Malkoc,

I check with lawyer what kind of REF INS request. He said that he has not recieved notice yet. What is newly signed LC form. Is it for LC Substitue issue?

I use my original LC. It should not have problem. I guess it is merge case. My company tax ID has changed after LC approval. So my laywer has to state the merge status of my case. May be he is not good to provide persuasive information of merge. Other possibiliy is company finacial. I work in big company which laid off people. It is the frustrated to get REF after seeing people got approval easily. Now it lower the expectation to have interview by consular processing of early of next year :(

By the way, is it high percentage to get approval even getting REF from pervious case?

Thank u!

mlin144