I-140 CALIFORNIA EB2 Tracker only

AVM move back to 30-60 days

Jitup,

I checked again by AVM. Yes, it move back to 30-60 days. I did check it by Aug, 16, 2002. AVM said it took 144-174 days to process. I saw EB3 post from Cebee that it was 144-174 days. May be we should check with them to see what happen. By the way, I briefly calculate by how many days approval after Processing date annouce by INS. It takes 14 days to get approval after processing date by average. Hopely we all can get approval within Aug ;)

For those waiting list people, please post your approval date for our reference. Thanks!

mlin144

Agree! Sounds like a typo

It is interesting to note that everyone who came up the DOL ladder post 245(I) have such little trust in the processing speeds. :)

I waited over a year for something that should have taken less than 6 weeks, and now I cannot trust nor believe things are moving so fast (not for one moment to criticise the fast processing, if true I just love it).

July 31 definitely seems like a typo or some kind of mistake since we haven't heard of any approvals from the people ahead of us on the processing list. I am going to wait till malkoc and the others get their approval before trusting the dates. Would wait till I receive conformation from the lawyer saying I have the I140 approval before breaking out the champagne glasses if you guys don't mind! :)

So guys please check with your lawyers and update the tracking list. All in all, this news is definitely heartening, since INS says if your case has not been processed 30 days from the time your date is current you can file to get it assessed ASAP. So if July 31 is not a typo, Then man it is just AWESOME!! :)

(Better get going on filing I485, I have been taking things easy anticipating atleast a 4 month lead time! :), what is the position on I485 application for the rest of you guys?)

-
:cool:

Current Processing Dates

Code:
Category             # of Days Moved     Currently Processing 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I-140 A & B E1-E1    8 Days                   03/19/02
I-140 C E1-3            2 Months 2 Days       06/13/02
I-140 D E2-1            1 Month 26 Days       07/31/02
I-140 E E - 3            8 Days               05/29/02
I-140 G EW - 3        20 Days                  06/06/02

Any progress for March cases

As said before, RD of my case EB2 is Mar 4th, 2002. Nothing has changed in past 5 months(Even in AVM).

Today I called INS again. The guy said "they sent forms to my lawyer and I should call my lawer". Damn. My lawyer said she has never received anything from INS.

Current date is July 31, 2002. Any comment or explanation about it?

rqtang-

Can you give us some details about your case, eg. is it substitute labor, or RFE, company size and type of job. That will help us understand the process a little better.

I am a little worried that inspite of the jump in processing times, I don't hear anyone posting their approvals.

mlin144-

Can you tell us how you came up with the 14 days. I am curious.

Thanks,
-

Approved!

Hi,
I am new here. My case has just been approved on Aug 16.

WAC-02-233-5XXXX
RD 07/16
ND 07/16
AD 08/16

Good luck to you all!

Congradulations!

Georgep,

Congradulations!

Can you post which category are u? EB2 or EB3?

If you are in EB2, it shows that INS processing date is correct.

Ganshm, TargetGC403, Jitup, Rohufish, please post your approval information if you get further news. Thanks!

140_takes forever,

I calculate by following method to get 14 days. Taking richardstevens case, his RD is 6/10/02 and AD is 8/15/02. At 08/02/02, processing time is 6/05/02. So i use 8/2-8/15/02 which is 13 days minus 6/5-6/10/02 which is 5 days. It takes 8 days after processing time. By using this method of EB2 tracking list from chakirvyas to mlin144, the avg date is 14 days to get approval after processing date. It is just my estimate for your reference. Please don't critize if you don't think it is correct.

more about my case to take4ever

As said my case:
EB2
RD March 4th
After LC approved(more than 1year)
Very big company
No any response after 5 months;

my lawyer told me that my case is still pending after talking with INS officer.

georgep Congratulations

georgep -

This is positively good news. Have you filed your I485 application or were you caught flat footed on the speed? :) Congratulations once again!

--
rqtang -

What does your lawyer have to say about the fax inquiry system? Apparently 30 days after your PD becomes current you can fax INS and they should get cracking either by approving the case or by issuing an RFE. :-(

--

mlin144 -

Absolutely no criticism implied, just curious. I was too lazy to do the calculation my self.

I wish we had a larger sample of PD's vs AD's. It would make calculations and predictions that much easier.

--

The processing dates don't seem to be a typo. I checked it out on a couple of other websites. And with georgep blazing through the I140 list, like a cat on hot bricks. :) Predictions of approval in August doesn't seem unlikely. DOL has spoilt me for any good news on this front! :)

-

CONGRATS georgep! - Updated the EB2 tracking list

Wow, within a month, that's great. It's just what I expected 5 months ago. The process had sped up, and I was expecting the processing time to be 1 month with the pace at the time. Then they literally stopped processing almost two months. But this does not seem to happen this time.

I hope my RFE reply will get processed soon.

I140 Approved!

After seeing the status of my case on my lawyer's website, called up INS last night. Apparently my I140 has been approved!

I might have just broken the record on I140 approvals, you think?

WAC-02-238-5XXXX
RD 07/23
ND 07/23
AD 08/15

23 days!

Everytime you think you have INS figured, they pull a fast one on you. Not going to argue with that! (Apparently 140 dint take for ever! :))

Yet to start collecting paperwork for I485, better get cracking.

mlin144 -

Guess your stats are correct! :)

Good luck to everyone here, dint get a chance to know some of you at all (unlike the labor forum), but hope to see y'all in the I485 forum ASAP!

-

Last edited by a moderator:
140_takes_4ever,

Congrats.

I didn't understand one thing. How come ur AD is 15-Aug.
Didn't u check in the last one week?

Thanks

What can I say, I had a low opinion of INS! :)

JituP,

Not for one moment did I think my case would be looked at inside of 4 months. I was looking at my lawyer's website to find doctors for the medical, and checked upon my case status for the heck of it. Lo, behold, in big red letters "Approved!". Called up INS last night to verify and they had the date as Aug 15.

Who am I to look a gift horse in the mouth. Just rolled over and smiled! :D

All the rest of you guys, don't be dumb as me, go ahead and check the status of your cases. Not much of a difference in dates between me, Jitup (1 day), rohufish (7 days) and mlin144 (8 days). malkoc needs to be banging on the doors on INS asking for out! I am sure you guys will be getting your approvals in the next week.

Going to take another week or two to file my 485 with INS. Apparently this is going to be the first time for the para legal assigned to me so a little worried about that. Does anyone have a clue as to how long it takes to get the receipt from INS? And is the 180 day rule applicable from the date of receipt or date of filing?

Thanks,

Please post your approval

140_takes_forever

Congradulations!

It is a good news for you. Good Luck to you for I-485 forum.

Jitup, roufish, malkoc,

Please keep updated your approval information. Thanks!

mlin144

I did check this morning and still says "Pending". Hope I will get the approval by next week.

I am also in the process of getting all reqd information for I-485 filing.

Thanks

AVM message changed

I checked the status and it says they have recieved RFE on 7/11 and it is taking 144 days to process it.

WAC- 132-55xxx(subs.LC)
RD 03/11/02
ND 03/11/02
waiting (rcvd RFE on 7/8/02&replied on 7/9)

My H1-B is expriing in Jan'2003. I have filed my I-485 also on 8/15.
I have also applied for EAD/AP along with it. So hoping to get EAD in 3-4 months.

Since mine is Subs LC case I am little worried now. Can anyone suggest me if I can get H1-B extended based on my previous employers 1-140. The LC / I-140 were cleared but I had to change my Job.

I am not sure with the new ruling of concurrent I-140/I-485 filing how long it will take to get the EAD/AP.

Any suggestions please....