I-140 CALIFORNIA EB2 Tracker only

Jitup

Good to hear that you file for I-140. I am still waiting for company's signature to send back to laywer. For receipt date, it takes 7 days to get it from previous post.

newly signed copy of LC

Newly signed copy of Form ETA 750, Part B (labor certification application). Mine was a substitute LC, I don't know if they want it for that or not.

Phone Number

One can call 949-831-8427 to check the status of an application.

If you call in the day, you can speak to a live officer, but the lines get pretty busy. So, call in the night.

Will the owner please add me to the tracking list? Details are:
EB2, Filed on July 12, 2002. Received on July 15, 2002. Case # 02-232-555**

will file I-140 by 7/26/02

Hi, TargetGC403 & Jitup,

I finally got laywer informed that they are going to send my application to INS by 7/26/02. It took me almost 1 month to complete my application. I am working in "big" company which will cause delay of application process.

will file I-140 by 7/26/02

Hi, TargetGC403 & Jitup,

I finally got laywer informed that they are going to send my application to INS by 7/26/02. It took me almost 1 month to complete my application. I am working in "big" company which will cause delay of application process.

Please add me to the list, too

Hi guys:

My LC was approved (San Francisco DOL) on 5/14/02,
I-140 (EB-2) was mailed out to CSC on 6/7/02
Receipt/Notice date is 6/19/02

Checked AVM and it's "... 60 to 90 days".

ganshm

Prospective addition to this list:)

Guys, I just send in my RFE to DOL today. Only a few responses came and we disqualified all of them.
Have a few questions though abt I-140.
Looks like it takes abt 3-4 months for that. Why is EB3 ahead of EB2 dates? Also, when do we have to specify Consular or 485? Is it during the time when we file for 140?
Another thing is which one is advantagious, consular or 485?
I am from Hyderabad, so, Do I have to go only to Madras if I choose consular?
I am looking on some other thread and they are sayingthat for Madras, 485 is much better than Consular due to some additional filing papers?
And finally, someone in our office was mentioning that there is some simultanious 140 and 485 processing? Is there a chance that it can be true?
Thanks,

some points

kingno1, here's my response (just for your reference, not professional at all!!!! you need to check with a lawyer.) to your questions:

Looks like it takes abt 3-4 months for that. Why is EB3 ahead of EB2 dates?

>>Maybe there are fewer EB3 cases than EB2. However, it seems that both take about the same length of time.

Also, when do we have to specify Consular or 485? Is it during the time when we file for 140?

>>On I-140 form you need to indicate I-485(AOS or adjustment of status) or CP (consular processing). I heard indicating CP can be easily transferred back to I-485 if you want to, but it's very time-consuming the other way around. Again, check with a lawyer.

Another thing is which one is advantagious, consular or 485?

>>If one is definitely better than another, you will see everybody going that direction. I heard CP is faster (by about 3 or 4 months?), especially for Indian nationals. However, the risk is also higher since once rejected, there's little chance for a review. Whereas 485 can stay in US and hire a lawyer to appeal if rejected. Also, 485 saves airfares or time spent on travel.

I am from Hyderabad, so, Do I have to go only to Madras if I choose consular?
I am looking on some other thread and they are sayingthat for Madras, 485 is much better than Consular due to some additional filing papers?
And finally, someone in our office was mentioning that there is some simultanious 140 and 485 processing? Is there a chance that it can be true?

>>No clue about these questions.

Hi Gansm..
Thanks a lot for your reply. That is really helpful. I will check with my attorney regarding this. IMHO, extra 3 or 4 months is worth the risk of going for CP i guess.
Thanks

To Jitup:
It's not about I-140 but about LC.
Could you check the status of your case on AVM. I'm wondering if they're updating AVM database. I checked a couple of cases from 12/07 - 12/10 and it seems they have the last update on 07/02.
Thanks.

Serg38 :

I checked AVM its not updated. It still doesn't say my case as approved. If I am right, the last day when it was updated was Jul 02.

When is ur DOL date?

Jitup

Originally posted by Jitup
Serg38 :

I checked AVM its not updated. It still doesn't say my case as approved. If I am right, the last day when it was updated was Jul 02.

When is ur DOL date?

Jitup

Thank you, Jitup. I suspected that. They have such a mess with their tracking systems.
Mine is Dec 27. Another week or two if they don't send remands now.

Got my receipt number WAC-02-240-5XXXX. AVM says 30-60 days

Thanks,
Jitup

Last edited by a moderator: