I-140 CALIFORNIA EB2 Tracker only

my EB2 status

RD - Mar 4th,2 002

No: WAC-02-126-5XXXX

Two weeks ago, my lawyer called INS and they said another 2 weeks will be needed;

Yesterday, I called INS. The officer said my case in "Operation". I asked What is in "Operation" and when will be done. He said when it is done, they should send the notice to me. All words didn't make sense.

check this

INS Authorizes Concurrent Filing of I-140 and I-485 Applications

July 30, 2002 - INS has published a long-awaited Interim Regulation that authorizes the concurrent filing of I-140 immigrant visa petitions and I-485 applications for adjustment of status. This regulation eliminates the need for employment-based immigrants to wait for the approval of the I-140 prior to being able to file their adjustment of status (I-485) application. Now, as long as an immigrant visa number is available for the particular employment-based category, the I-140 and I-485 can be filed together with INS along with applications for Employment Authorization Documents (EAD) and Advance Parole travel authorization (AP). This pertains to spouses and children of employment-based applicants as well.

If an I-140 is pending adjudication at INS, and a visa number is available, the applicant and the spouse and children can file an I-485 based on the already filed I-140.

This regulation provides for the ability to concurrently file I-140s and I-485s for applicants in the EB1, EB2 and EB3 categories. The effective date of this regulation is July 31, 2002.

Jitup-
Great News!!!!!! :).
Hope this is the silver lining to the problems and long wait that we have gone thru.
All the best to everyone.

-Thanks.

Jitup: 140 processing time

Jitup, Good news that you got your WAC number. As you mentioned in your posting that I-140 will take 30 - 60 days, according to the AVM. Do you think I-140 processing happens that faster? Is it becoming that quick? Comments from you and others are welcome.

Thanks, Onlooker

when is your RD?

Jitup,

Can you post when did you send out file and when is INS RD from AVM? I would like to figure out how long for INS to system. I have not filed my case yet. My lawyer kind of delays the time :(

mlin144,

I sent it on 23 Jul. Reciept date was 24 th Jul and I came to know this on 30 the Jul.

Thanks,

Kingn01-
According to my lawyer, he mentioned that the law still has to be finalized and they have not yet received any final notification regarding the same. Yes it was released today, but it might take some time before we can actually start making use of it.
Anybody over here had a talk with their lawyers and have something different, please share.

-Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by ceebee
Kingn01-
According to my lawyer, he mentioned that the law still has to be finalized and they have not yet received any final notification regarding the same. Yes it was released today, but it might take some time before we can actually start making use of it.
Anybody over here had a talk with their lawyers and have something different, please share.

-Thanks.
CeeBee,
Here is the write up on the website..
"The regulation has taken effect today and people can file I-140/485 concurrent packet starting today. Please make it sure a appropriate amount of fees are submitted, preferrably separately for I-140 petition and I-485 application and mark in magic marker "I-140/EB-485 Concurrent Filing." "
Which states that it ir valid from today

This is a interim ruling. According to my lawyer, interim ruling have an effective data and has the same legal power as final ruling, even when the interim ruling is during comment phase.

Yes, people could file Forms I-140 and I-485 .concurrently

But is this a good news. What about AC21 where applicants could change the jobs after waiting for 180 days for a decision on I-485. According to my understanding and reading the ruling at http://frwebgate.access.gpo.gov/cgi-bin/getdoc.cgi?dbname=2002_register&docid=02-19249-filed , it is not clear, whether INS will provide notice of approval on I-140 or if the application will receive a decision only when the whole process (I-140 and I-485) is completed?

What about 180 days rule of I-485 ? If this rule is not valid in today's ruling, then I do not like this ruling.

Your suggestions ?

how to check out RD at INS AVM?

HI, Jitup,

I wonder how can I check out my RD by INS 949-831-8427. Thanks! Laywer just filed my case on July 30 2002. Thanks!

Hi guys.. I am new to this forum and I have a tons of questions Can someone be kind enough to answer them.. thanks in advance..

My fiance is using an LC approved for someone in his company last year and applying for I140. The intended person had left and he is reusing his LC..

1. What will the priority date be for the future process I 140 and either of Consular Processing or AOS?

2. Assuming that the priority date will be as of last year, and given the new rule that 140 and 485 can be applied concurrently, which would be a better way to proceed Consular or Adjustment?

3. Also originally we were planning to get married in Feb '03, but since 140 in CA is taking around 3-4 months(is this still the case??) I suppose we would have to get married earlier? or can I be included as a dependant even after the 485 or CP processing starts?

4. he is working in a startup company.. the company is doing ok or will be ok until march or april of next year.

thanks again..

Weird Weird Weird!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

I got RFE on june 24th 2002.
We placed ads and fedexed them yesterday.
But, when I checked the DOL AVM today, it is saying that my case was certified on July 18th..How can it be possible..My attorney was quiet surprised to hear this and said she will check with DOL...

I140 withdrawal procedure

Hi
I am new to this board and just wanted to know what is the procedure to withdraw the I140 application from INS(California). My company is planning to withdraw one of my collegues application(since he left the job) and want to subsitute his labor with mine. So I wanted to know whether there is a form to be filled up and sent to INS to withdraw the I140 application? or the procedure to withdraw the application

Thanks

Re: NEW EB2 dates

Originally posted by Jitup
New dates of I-140 as of 02-AUG-02.

I-140 EB2 ( 05-JUN-2002 ).

Any approvals??

http://www.fragomen.com/index2.html

Hello Jitup,
Which category below for I-140 are we supposed to look at?
From your email it seems we should be looking at I-140 D E2.
Is this correct?

I-140 A&B E1-E2 03/11/02
I-140 C E1- 3 04/11/02
I-140 D E2 - 1 06/05/02
I-140 E E - 3 05/21/02
I-140 G EW - 3 05/17/02

I-140/I-485 concurrent filing

Ive not yet filed the I-140. How long is the CSC currently taking to process EB-2 applications ? Even with concurrent filing, CP is still faster ?

Last edited by a moderator: