I-140 CALIFORNIA EB2 Tracker only

Hi t3k,
my online status is also same as yours except the received date is 8th august,2003.
We may expect the message changing from 360 days to 630 days :)

360 Days +++

My online status says the same thing, only I filed in April 2003, and it's now been 384 days since filing. Unfortunately, I'm in the first preference category (EB1C), which apparently is being treated as last preference, as the processing date for unskilled workers is October 2003 and for my category is February 11, 2003.

Last edited by a moderator:
360 days

I thought mine always said 360 to 360. Or was it 300-360. Don't remember it.

is INS brewing some storm over 140s?

i wish they clearly tell what they are gonna do.

desi145

i won't be surprised if see that number change from 360 to 630. this is like a bottom less pit. you just drop your app in dark and maybe MAYBE you'll hear something from them in very far future.

Hi guys,
Are there any new I-140 approvals in recent days, its frustrating to wait for so long. We replied to our RFE on 03/26 n waiting since then, EB-2 . Is there anyone out there who replied to their RFE in the same time frame, Thanks.

EB2 jul/18

Its stuck at 07/18 for over a month. i guess they are takin a break. overworked!!!

any changes expected in 140 processing from Apr 30 other than fee increases?

this means:
LC takes 2 yrs
140 takes 2 yrs
485 takes 2 yrs
This is why they give 6 yrs limit on H1. So, you can get it when your H1 finishes ( assumption:
1) Start GC as soon as you receive H1.
2) Don't leave/quit or lose job.
)

Folks,

hang on!. It does not look too bad since EB3 moved a month. lets hope that they can start processing EB2 soon.

Tks
vcb.

Hi Guys

Another point of view,
Look at this way at least the dates are not moving back wards.

Something to feel good about as I know if you are stuck in Labor (for guys in CA) you would know how bad the situation is.

Dates have been moving backwards for a while and now they are stuck for I think last 6 months....

reval_wait:)

My take is that CSC is waiting for the pilot program to be implemented. once the pilot program is activated, we will see lots of approvals of EB2 filed concurrently with i-485.

baywatcher,

the new pilot program only applies to *newly filed* (i.e. applications filed after on or after april 1, 2004) I140/485 applications unfortunately.

I received a newsletter from my atterney saying that the CSC would target at previously concurrently filed EB2 applications to reduce the backlog so that it can match the processing time of the newly filed EB2 applications.

from Murthy.com

CSC Pilot Program on Concurrent Adjudication
Posted Apr 09, 2004

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) announced on March 31, 2004 an upcoming, significant change in the manner and timing of the adjudication of most EB2 concurrently filed I-140/I-485 cases by the California Service Center (CSC). The announcement advised that the USCIS will establish a pilot program at the CSC to actually adjudicate the I-140s and I-485s at the same time and that this will be significantly faster than the current process.

The announcement was made through CSC director, Don Neufeld, at an American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA) liaison meeting. This pilot program will apply to all EB2 cases except National Interest Waiver (NIW) cases. If name checks and fingerprint clearances permit, the I-140s and I-485s will be adjudicated within 90 days of filing. The CSC will also attempt to contemporaneously adjudicate pending I-140s/I-485s, starting with previously filed concurrent EB2 cases, except NIWs. Though previously filed concurrent cases should be processed within one year under the pilot program, I-140 petitions not filed concurrently are not expected to experience much movement.

It is unclear exactly how the CSC is defining concurrently filed cases eligible for the program. Whether the program is limited to concurrently filed cases in which the I-140 was literally filed together with the I-485, or whether it includes cases in which the I-140 petition was filed alone but the I-485 was filed prior to the decision on the I-140, remains to be seen.

Although some people are concerned that adjudication of their previously filed I-485 cases may take longer with the establishment of this pilot project, it is a positive first step that the USCIS recognizes the problem of long-pending I-485s, and are attempting to improve processing times for all I-485 applicants by starting with this pilot project. We will monitor our CSC cases here at The Law Office of Sheela Murthy, and seek information from others to detect any patterns. We will continue to watch for information on this new program to assess its value for our MurthyDotCom and MurthyBulletin readers.

from cooley.com

note the last sentence:

Expedited I-140 and Adjustment of Status Adjudication

In the very near future, the CSC will attempt to adjudicate all new concurrently filed EB-2 I-140 petitions (excluding National Interest Waivers) and I-485 adjustment of status applications on a concurrent basis. This would include I-140 petitions based upon a labor certification application that requires at least a Master’s degree, or a Bachelor’s degree followed by five years of progressively responsible professional experience. Instead of a prima facie review, the I-140 petition and concurrently filed I-485 application will be adjudicated within 90 days, provided fingerprints and name checks are cleared. The CSC will also target previously-filed EB-2 I-140 petitions (excluding National Interest Waivers) with the goal to match the pilot program’s 90-day processing timeframe.

pilot program

Does anyone know how long will the pilot program run for. In other words I want to know the date before which I should apply for I-140 & I-485 concurrently so as to get into pilot program. My application is filed under EB-2 and I believe the CA service center has started a pilot program for EB-2 applicants as of 4/5/2004 whereby both I-140 & I-485 will be adjudicated within 90 days!!

pilot program??

htammana:

where did you get the info that CSC has started pilot program from 04/05/2004?

thanks

lot of folk in this forum is unsure about whats the policy on this concurrent filing/adjudication crap.

are they speeding up EB2/EB3 concurrent guys? does it only apply for new concurrent guys?

is anything revolutionary going to happen from 04/30 other than increasing processing fee? because we don't see any movement in EB2 dates since a month.

Re: pilot program??

I got my labor approved last week. I discussed with our company attorney (not para legal) yesterday who is based in SF. I came to know about 4/5 date from the attorney. Apparently this is meant for EB2 applicants who apply "truly" concurrently. I found more info about the pilot program at http://www.murthy.com/news/n_cscpil.html. Apparently this is applicable only for new applications they receive after 4/1/04. But no one is able to tell me when it expires. I'm still waiting for the paperwork from DOL and I hope I will get it soon enough to apply before the pilot program expires!!
Originally posted by immportuser
htammana:

where did you get the info that CSC has started pilot program from 04/05/2004?

thanks

lot of folk in this forum is unsure about whats the policy on this concurrent filing/adjudication crap.

are they speeding up EB2/EB3 concurrent guys? does it only apply for new concurrent guys?

is anything revolutionary going to happen from 04/30 other than increasing processing fee? because we don't see any movement in EB2 dates since a month.

EB2 dates

Does anyone know why EB2 has been stuck there since Mar 04. no processing for 2 months????

this is pathetic.

Bummer

God help us!

The USCIS issued a Memorandum on May 4, 2004, reminding USCIS Regional Directors, Service Center Directors, District Directors, and Officers-in-Charge that immigration regulations do not require a Request for Evidence (RFE) in every instance before issuing a denial. The Memo further describes situations in which the USCIS does not believe an RFE will be required. Although the intent of the Memo may be to expedite processing of cases, we have some concern that this may result in more denials, without affording the employer or applicant an opportunity to respond to an RFE.

Where the Document Does not Establish Clear Eligibility

The Memo advises adjudicators that an RFE is not required if the record appears complete. The noteworthy example here is an I-140 petition. The Memo indicates that, while there can be a number of documents the petitioner may choose to submit to show its financial ability to pay an employee's salary, the USCIS adjudicator is not required to issue an RFE as long as the petitioner sent at least one of the required documents. If the adjudicator does not believe that the particular document establishes the ability of the sponsoring employer to pay the I-140 employee or beneficiary the prevailing wage, then the adjudicator may deny the case without an RFE's requesting additional evidence from the employer of its ability to pay.