I-140 CALIFORNIA EB2 Tracker only

re:

gcpend.
congrats a lot. u deserve this good news !!!!. by the way how come the taxable salary is just 17k for the company ... even your taxable salary might be more than that . am i interpreting something wrong....

also i too have received an RFE for my case

I140helppls,
Yes. The taxable income is just 17k.
There were much company expenses/deduction

painful140,
The labor processing was using RIR. As far as my understanding RIR is only for LC

Congrats gcpend. This is a gr8 relief for you. All the best for the remaining processing.

--Vortex.

processing times

BCIS has posted new processing times as of Apr 08. Looks like there is no progress for 140 EB2 category for last month. EB3 dates seem to have moved.

Looks like they are processing June/July 140s.

:-((

I-140/485 Concurrent Pilot Program Eligibility

Hello Everyone,

My Details are below.

I - 140 - RD - 09/18/2003. - EB2.
Non-Concurrent, Labour Substitution. Waiting for 140.

I have a question about I-140/485 Concurrent Pilot Program Eligibility.

I spoke to my lawyer about this program, And she said that I am are Eligible for this program. But she did not have much information about this program.

There is little bit of risk associated with this program she said.

Does any one of you are planning to apply to this program.

Even i am not 100% confident that i am eligible for this program though my lawyer said i am eligible.

According to program 485 will be also approved with in 90 days, I am not sure how realistic these 90 days figure is.

Why dont we keep track of people who are planning to apply for this program.

I will be soon applying for this program.

Please let us know if any of you has more Information on this program.
My Lawyer is not able to give any information about when this program starts etc. If any of you can throw more light on this and get Information frm your lawyers that will be really helpful.

Thanks

layoffs and consequences

Sorry for posting this h1 related question here...but the h1 thread is closed, and I am on 140 stage as well.

Here is my question, any help will be greatly appreciated:

* I get laid off. I have another 2 years on my h1 stamp.
How long do I have from the day i get terminated to find another
job? How many days can i stay in this country?

My wife was in similar situation 2 years ago. Her research back then shows legally there is no "grace" period for H1b after laying off, however INS may not take that position literarily. By talking to friends in similar situation back then, it seemed to us that it will be OK if you could find a job in 1 month and file your transfer of H1b at end of the 1 month. My wife was lucky to find her job within 2 weeks leaving prior company (and her company allowed her to use unused vacation days, and paid her serverance pay well into 3 months after the official layoff date, so technically she was still with prior employee when she found new job and started transfer of H1b). I am not sure if this is legal or not, but to minimize the pain, one thing you can try, assuming your old employer still owe you salary/serverance package, is to see if your company can streamline the payments so your last few payments will be stretched into future to allow you a bit more time to look for a new job.

goodlawyer,

For the 'period' please refer
http://www.murthy.com/chatlogs/chat0315.html

Chat User : My H-1 expires next month on April 15th. I didn't apply for a green card, but my project is until August. Ho w much time can I stay after my H-1 expires? Is there any grace period, like a month or so?

Attorney : A person is legally allowed to stay for a maximum of 10 days after the completion of the H1B program to wrap up matters and depart the U.S. There is no one-month grace period allowed under law for a person on H1B status.

Apply for Pilot ?

longwaitgcca,
What do you mean by "apply for the EB2 pilot program"?
Do you know what are the steps to go through to apply?
Or is it automatic, the BCIS scans the cases and decides to process them faster?
Thanks,
t3k

Apply for Pilot ?

longwaitgcca,
Or is it automatic, the BCIS scans the cases and decides to process them faster?
Thanks,
t3k

Apply for Pilot ?

longwaitgcca,
Thanks,
t3k

I-140 approved

Concurrent filing
I-140/I-485/I-765/I-131 for self & spouse

RD - 06/30/2003
ND - 07/01/2003

I-765 Approved : 09/27/3003
I-131 Approved : 10/07/2003
I-140 RFE RD : 03/24/2004
I-140 RFE REPLY SENT : 03/30/2004
I-140 Approved : 04/06/2004

Best of luck to all of u

Last edited by a moderator:
novis, your 140 RFE dates are for 2004, not 2003, right?

novis, your 140 RFE dates are for 2004, not 2003, right?

congrats novis

good to see someone from group getting past this 140 crap.

can we know what your RFE was about?

thanks

mingjing,
u r right. My RFE was for 2004 & not 2003( It is not even possible) I have corrected that.

immportuser,
My RFE was about company's abilty to pay. Financial documents(I don't know what exactly they asked, our HR dept & attorney took care of that). I had to send paystubs for 3 months. Dec 03, Jan 04 & Feb 04.(6 paystubs for 3 months).

re:novis

novis :
from ur experience can u tell me how many days it took for u to get the RFE by mail from BCIS. i mean if u check the status daily u would have an idea when the rfe was mailed and when u got it

my status did not change when RFE was sent by USCIS or RFE reply was received by USCIS. Message directly changed from I-140 received to I-140 approved.

re:

Thanks novis. Its been a week since my status says RFE mailed and my lawyer hasnt got it .also how much time did u have to respond to the RFE ??