I-140 CALIFORNIA EB2 Tracker only

140 approved

Just tried to check my case status.
It was approved on Jan. 10.

Category: EB2 RD 08/29/02

Whew! What a relief. Didnt check the fone status.

Advanced Parole approved on the Jan 11.

Good luck to y'all.

Hi lchalasani

Was this an exact match. Like require BS in CS and you have BS in CS or a related degree?

Thanks.

my husband's job title is Senior Software Eng. He has MS (Computer Engineering) + 2yrs experience prior to joining the current job.

The subsituted LC was approved for Software Engineer and MS (Computer Science) + 0 yrs experience.

We did not go through any evaluation.

thx

Approved!

Finally. After 7 months of long long wait.

Approved 1/14/2003.

RD/ND: 6/19/2002.
WAC-02-204.

Two RFEs, both asking for financials of my employer.

congrats chalasani

Hi Chalasani,
Congrats on that....Looks like a lot of approvals these few days..Still waiting on RFE since the receipt date 11/27/02..:mad:
You mentioned that you got interim EAD for 8 months. Someone was telling that interim EAD will be given for 3 months. Could you confirm on that? Did you guys go to the INS office for that? If so, what all documents did they ask you to show them?
Can we still take interim EAD even if we have RFE pending on 140.
Thx,

Hey

I have an RFE on I-140 as well which the lawyer has to reply. I went to INS San jose today and they issued me an 8 month interm EAD. I took the passport, I-485 and EAD application receipt and also old EAD cards.

Re: congrats chalasani

They did not even ask for I 140.

We took

Copies of EAD and 485 receipts - they did not even ask for this.. but just in case.

EAD applicaition - they give it there, but its better to take a completed application with you to save time

Old EAD cards, INS takes these

Proof that you live in a city that comes under that office - driver's license or some ID with your correct address.

Copy of passport photo page.

Originally posted by kingno1
Hi Chalasani,
Congrats on that....Looks like a lot of approvals these few days..Still waiting on RFE since the receipt date 11/27/02..:mad:
You mentioned that you got interim EAD for 8 months. Someone was telling that interim EAD will be given for 3 months. Could you confirm on that? Did you guys go to the INS office for that? If so, what all documents did they ask you to show them?
Can we still take interim EAD even if we have RFE pending on 140.
Thx,

140 Approved

Hi All
At last my 140 (EB2-labor sub) got approved. I just happened to check on-line status after a week and found that it was approved on 01/06. Here are my details

I140
RD - 9/12/02
ND - 9/12/02
AD - 01/06/03
No RFE.
My Advance Parole also apparoved on 01/09/03.

Good luck to all of you.

Can we start thread for EAD/485?

Hi All
It was fun to be a member of this thread and I would like to continue the same for EAD and 485. Can we start a seperate thread specically for EAD and 485 issues under CaliforniaServiceCenter?

RE: congradulations!

Ganshm,

Congradulations! Good luck to next stage.

Can u please post your 1st & 2nd REF ND and RD from INS? MY REF RD is Nov, 16, 2002. Hopely i can get approval soon according to your case. I have waited for 5 months for I-140 and anxious about my case.

Kingno1,

I guess it is a good news after hearing Ganshm case got approved. Hopely our case will be processed soon :)

Good Luck!

mlin144

Re: how do you check your status?

Gansham,

One more question, do you get your case updated by AVM or on line case checking or laywer?

Thanks!

mlin144

Got my iEAD at INS, San jose

Hi Guys, I went to INS San Jose office and got my iEAD yesterday. Went abt at 6:00AM and came out at 11:00AM.
They asked me for my 485, 765 receipts. Didnt mention anything abt my 140 status.
I am still waiting on my 140 RFE received by INS on 11/27....
Also, another question...
My wife is on H4 status and she also got her iEAD along with me. Can she apply for SSN now?
She didnt apply before as she is on H4.
Thx,

RFE time frame

mlin44, sorry to reply late. I just visit the board once in a while.

My I-140 RD/ND 6/19/02, WAC-02-204

1st RFE generated on 8/29, replied in early Sep, reply acknoledged by INS just a couple of days later

2nd RFE generated in late Sep asking for more current employer's financials, 3 weeks after reply to the first RFE,

Reply to 2nd RFE sent in mid-Oct, acknowledged on 11/8/02 (much longer than the first reply)

Approved on 1/14/03, approval notice received today from lawyer.

I checked case status online inadvertently on 1/15/03 and found the case has been approved. So the site really worked!

For Kingno1, your RFE reply acknowledgement date was about 3 weeks behind mine (11/8), an approval should be near.

As to interim EADs, some local INS issued 3-month EADs, like the one I got in 2001 in Oklahoma City, while my friends in Houston and New Orleans got 8-month and 12-month iEADs. I think it depends on the case and the location.

Applying SSN

What form should be filled for getting SSN after EAD is approved? My EAD should be approved in the next one month . ( think so )

Can I apply this form with SSN office even if my wife has gone to India for a vacation or she should apply in person?

I will appreciate you answers.

Thanks

Re: Applying SSN

Originally posted by Jitup
What form should be filled for getting SSN after EAD is approved? My EAD should be approved in the next one month . ( think so )

Can I apply this form with SSN office even if my wife has gone to India for a vacation or she should apply in person?

I will appreciate you answers.

Thanks
Jitup, Your wife need to sign while applying for SSN so, I believe that you cant apply for her...

I-140 RFE replied and received by INS

Hi All,

On December 23, 2002, INS requested our lawyers/us (RFEed) to send my Bachelor's degree transcripts as part of I-140 adjudication/processing. I completed AMIETE degree(which is equivalent to Bachelor of Engineering degree) and Master of Engineering Degree from India.

On January 16 , 2003, Lawyers's responded the RFE
with foreign credential evaluation report of my AMIETE degree and M.E degree.

INS web/phone status is updated with RFE response receipt on January 21, 2003.

Details:
LC requirement: MS in engineering, business , computer science or related field with 1 year of experience with Unix and C.
EB2 with original RIR LC
I-140 RD: 10/04/2002 WAC-03-006-xxxxx
RFE issued on 12/23/2002
RFE responded on 01/16/2003
RFE received at INS on 01/21/2003

Looking forward to I-140 adjudication.

I-140 Approved Finally!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Hi Guys,
***********PHEW*************
At last, finally, INS showed some consideration towards me...Yep..My I-140 was APPROVED on Jan 24. Just checked the status online....The wait is over....
Here are the details.....
Filed Concurrently with Direct Labor..
140/485 RD 9/13/2002
140/485 ND 9/16/2002
EB2..
Done my FP on 10/23/2002
Got my iEAD from SJ INS on 1/16/2003
140 RFE issued on 1/11/2002
asking for my.
** MS degree credentials
** 6 months paystubs as I submitted 3 months initially..
RFE responded on 12/11/2002
RFE Ack'ed by INS on 27/11/2002
2 months wait with tension..tension..tension..checking the INS online 3 times every day.
Finally, Just checked my status today morning....
Here is the message..
------------------
This case has been approved. On January 24, 2003, an approval notice was mailed. If 14 days have passed and you have not received this notice, you may wish to verify or update your address.
-------------------
The wait is over.....
mlin144, yours might be on the way too...
Just a small tip, my hunch is that, they will touch our RFE if we get our iEAD just to beat the bush..:D
Good luck folks and see you in 485....
Another wait begins.........
-Kingno1