I-140 CALIFORNIA EB2 Tracker only

Does the delay affect 140 too?

Or does it affect only adjudication of 485 since thats when the name check is done by FBI?

Re: Does the delay affect 140 too?

Originally posted by keylong
Or does it affect only adjudication of 485 since thats when the name check is done by FBI?

This probably affects people who have filed concurrently. Hence, the I140 could have been put on hold as well. My guess.

Today I check the INS link, It says they recieved my RFE response, and the remaining processing time for this stage of your case is approximately 90 days.

Anyone has idea how long it might take afterwards?

Thanks

my 140 RFE received by INS on Nov 27. No update..

Originally posted by Maplecard
Today I check the INS link, It says they recieved my RFE response, and the remaining processing time for this stage of your case is approximately 90 days.

Anyone has idea how long it might take afterwards?

Thanks

MapleCard what's your RD?

Hi Maplecard
What's your RD,ND for 140 and 485? My RD is 9/12, my lawyer spoke with IIO today and they told him that my case is still not assigned to an officer. I am just frustated with the way INS work.

Re: MapleCard what's your RD?

Originally posted by apshah
Hi Maplecard
What's your RD,ND for 140 and 485? My RD is 9/12, my lawyer spoke with IIO today and they told him that my case is still not assigned to an officer. I am just frustated with the way INS work.

What does that mean ? Why is it being delayed when the dates have already progressed ? Have they told any reason why ?

I have no clue

Hi gumnaam
I don't know why it is not been assigned to an office untill now. Its been more than 3 months. My lawyer told me that she spoke with IIO and the IIO itself don't know why it is not yet assigned. IIO asked my lawyer to send fax for 140, which will be handled by 140 group.

Any new update on 140 approval, RFE? I am worried about my 140 now.

Re: I have no clue

Originally posted by apshah
Hi gumnaam
I don't know why it is not been assigned to an office untill now. Its been more than 3 months. My lawyer told me that she spoke with IIO and the IIO itself don't know why it is not yet assigned. IIO asked my lawyer to send fax for 140, which will be handled by 140 group.

Any new update on 140 approval, RFE? I am worried about my 140 now.

There is no update as far as my case is concerned. No RFE or approval, tho. my RD is 08/29. Lately, ive not seen any approvals from anyone else either.

I140 RFE

Hi All:

I recd an RFE (I140: ND 9/12; LC Sub)

" ability to pay the beneficiary's wage at the time the priority date is established and continuing until the beneficiary obtains permanent residence"

and need to provide with the Signed and Certified tax return documents...

Question: Are these the Tax returns certified by the CPA or we need to get any specific documents from the IRS??

Please help!!

Did you filed concurrently

Hi sandy_sporty
Did you filed concurrently? If yes, then did you received your AP or EAD?
My 140 ND is 9/12 (labour sub) and until 12/18/02 my case was not assigned to an officer, so I am just trying to figure out what's going on with INS.

I140 with labor substitution...

Hi All,
My I140 EB2 Labor Sub was filed on July 16 2002.The online status says that my application was received and it is taking 158 and 60 days to process this kind of case.
I saw that many had received either RFE or approval and they had filed after me(even with labor sub).I am confused.Is there a clear processing date for this kind of case?Do i have my attorney check the status with INS.
Anybody in similar situation???

Re: I140 with labor substitution...

Originally posted by i140wait73
Hi All,
My I140 EB2 Labor Sub was filed on July 16 2002.The online status says that my application was received and it is taking 158 and 60 days to process this kind of case.
I saw that many had received either RFE or approval and they had filed after me(even with labor sub).I am confused.Is there a clear processing date for this kind of case?Do i have my attorney check the status with INS.
Anybody in similar situation???

Some of us are in a similar situation.

In ur case, since it has been more than 158 days, you/ur attorney can call/fax the INS office to inquire about the case status.

from immigration-law.com

Even if the INS HQ refuses to admit, the adjudication of I-485 applications and other related applications have been at halt pending the transition and security clearance. The mounting backlog raises a gloomy prediction for the future of immigration services coming year. The Bush 5-Year Backlog Reduction Program ($500 Million) is by now a long-gone history and hyperbole. Report indicates that the California Service Center has announced that it will take more than 90 days just to handle responses to Request for Evidence for I-140/I-485 and asks applicants not to even think about asking question on the status of such cases within 90 days. People have been facing an increasing number of nasty RFEs by the Service Centers. This web site reported a few days ago the INS semi-annual rule-making agenda which targetted at reducing the backlogs, but this reporter is very doubful at this point whether any of these agenda will survive on the road to transition into the new DHS. Rumor indicates that the current acting INS Commissioner, Michael Garcia, may take an important position in the DHS and we want to hear his views and visions for the future of immigration services. This is a dark age when it comes to the interaction between the government agency and the consumers of the services of the agencies. It is the Christmas Eve today but our hearts are filled with dark and gloomy (Oops!) cloud.

I-140 RFE generated on 23rd December

I-140 RFE generated on 23rd December , yet to receive/know the contents. Concurrent Filing. RD 10/04/2002, ND 10/09/2002.

Merry Christmas All.

Can not find the case in INS voice system

My I140 RD date is 10/9/02. I try to check my case status via the voice system. I was told the case can not be found. However I am able to check the status on-line. It is saying recieved my case on 10/9/02. Is there anything wrong? Do I need worry about this? Should I contact attorny about this? Thanks a lot for any suggestion.

According to my experience with my case, online status is always several days (some times even weeks) lagged after the phone status. I don't understand this, but it happened to my I-140, I-485 and my spouse's 485.