I-140 CALIFORNIA EB2 Tracker only

RE: post REF date

Ganshm,

Can you please post your 1st & 2nd REF issue date, reply date and INS receive date? It is not normal that INS request for 2nd REF...

Let's wish you luck to Ganshm, and Kingno1 for I-140 approval...

mlin144

RE: post REF date

Ganshm,

Can you please post your 1st & 2nd REF issue date, reply date and INS receive date? It is not normal that INS request for 2nd REF...

Let's wish you luck to Ganshm, and Kingno1 for I-140 approval...

mlin144

Case Approved

Update on these cases:

I-140 Approved WAC-02-258-***** Approved
I-140 Approved: WAC-02-257-***** Approved

ND: 08/14/02
Concurrent Filing, EB2, RIR, India
Approved on 10/23/02
EAD: Waiting

I-140 RFE - WAC-02-257-*****

ND: 08/14/02
Concurrent Filing, EB2, RIR, India
REF Issued on 10/22/02 - Company Ability to Pay / Work Experience.
RFE Reply: November 6, 2002 - Sent another copy of FY 2001 tax returns showing good net income (with signature this time) and no work experience needed per DOL approval (another copy of DOL approval sent).
Approved on 12/04/02
EAD: Waiting

I am keeping my fingers crossed. There is still hope.

Good Luck to everybody!!!

how do you get this infromation from?

OCGuy,

Thanks for your information. But i wonder how do you get it? Is it your friend or you use some method to check on INS website?

We reply REF on Oct, 31, 2002. INS receipt date is Nov, 16, 2002. However i did not see any updated information on INS website :(

If someone reply RFE on Nov, 06, 2002 and got approval on Dec, 04, 2002, then when do they process my case?

mlin144

Not approved yet

WAC-02-196 - XXX

ND 05-31-02

Got 1 RFE in July - responded
Got 2nd RFE in Oct - responded - said received RFE on Nov 26th (damn) so slow even though we sent it Nov 2nd...

Not yet approved..

Still waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting....

wonder if it will take longer than my Labor :) that was 4 years - so if I-140 takes another 4 years and 485 another 4 years - I should get my Green card by the time I am grandfather

support group

ravisimi, i feel bad for you dude. i'm also one of the longer suffering ones.

RD: 7/30/02
no further news

just gotta wait....

Enquire with INS

Hi rouhfish
Did you did any enquiry(fax or call) about your 140 with INS? What is their response?
How about your I485, EAD and AP?

Also anyone with update on I140 case (approval, RFE, etc)?
Mine I140 ND = 9/12/2002 and I am seeing that lot of folks whose ND is after me already got RFE or approval and I haven't heared anything for my case. I am just worried about it.

Re: Enquire with INS

Originally posted by apshah
Hi rouhfish
Did you did any enquiry(fax or call) about your 140 with INS? What is their response?
How about your I485, EAD and AP?

Also anyone with update on I140 case (approval, RFE, etc)?
Mine I140 ND = 9/12/2002 and I am seeing that lot of folks whose ND is after me already got RFE or approval and I haven't heared anything for my case. I am just worried about it.

Since Im in a similar situation, I spoke to my attorney. They would be talking to the INS to get an update. Shall be able to provide some info. tomorrow.

Try to talk to ur attorney as well, and see if he can obtain some information.

Case Approved

Just saw online that my case got approved.

Details..

WAC-022-73-XXXXX
Labor Substitution
RD: 09/05/2002
ND: 09/06/2002
Approved : 12/05/2002

See u all in I485 forum

:)
-- sd194

Congrats sd194

Hi sd194
First of all congrats on getting your I140 (labor sub) approved without RFE. Mine is also labour sub with ND (9/12) so I should be hearing pretty soon.

Also what about your I485, EAD and AP? If you filed all of them, did you received your AP or EAD? Please let me know about it and I have filed for my AP with 485 and haven't heared anything about it.

Re: I-140 concurrent filing approved

Originally posted by zebraus1
My I140 case (concurrent filing) was approved

RD: Sept 12th 2002

RFE date: November 2nd 2002

RFE reply date: November 11th 2002

REF receipt date: Npvember 27th 2002

I140 approval date: Dec 2nd 2002

Best wishes to all of you. See y'all in the I485 forum.
---------------------------------------------

:confused: Hi I am a new enrolee. My_own_name. I got an RFE similar to yours. My case status used to read 'it will take 90 days .....'. But now it reads 'A written decision was mailed on december......' - does it mean my case is approved or rejected?

Thanks

Re: I 140 Approved

Originally posted by gimme_mygc
I got a copy of approval notice from attorney today, both online and AVM are not updated with the approval message

these are the details,

(SUB LABOR EB2)

RD JULY -08 - 2002

ND JULY -08 - 2002

RFE DATE AUG -09 - 2002

RFE REPLIED ON OCT -10-2002

RFE RCVD DT NOV-05-2002

APPROVED DATE NOV-19-2002,

Thanks,

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi I am a new enrolee. My_own_name. I got an RFE similar to yours. My case status used to read 'it will take 90 days .....'. But now it reads 'A written decision was mailed on december......' - does it mean my case is approved or rejected?

Thanks

My_own_name

HI,

Can you please post your information like RD, RFE date, RFE reply date, REF receipt date etc.. Did you check out website or INS AVM to get approval decision was mailed on Dec?

Thanks!

mlin144

Re: My_own_name

Originally posted by mlin144
HI,

Can you please post your information like RD, RFE date, RFE reply date, REF receipt date etc.. Did you check out website or INS AVM to get approval decision was mailed on Dec?

Thanks!

mlin144
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi,

We initially filed on 06/06/02
query date 09/02/02
query reply date 10/22/02
Message on online was updated to 'We received the response .....It is taking between 158-60 days ...............You will recieve a written desicion on this case'

On december 3rd the online message was updated to
' A written decision was mailed in this case.......' The online casestat.jsp message did not indicate whether approved or not. I do not know if the above message means approval or denail.

I am waiting for someone in this forum to give an answer.
Thanks

Re: Congrats sd194

Originally posted by apshah
Hi sd194
First of all congrats on getting your I140 (labor sub) approved without RFE. Mine is also labour sub with ND (9/12) so I should be hearing pretty soon.

Also what about your I485, EAD and AP? If you filed all of them, did you received your AP or EAD? Please let me know about it and I have filed for my AP with 485 and haven't heared anything about it.

I didn't go for concurrent processing.

Have a nice day
sd194

Rumour or Fact???

I've heard from one of my co-workers that INS is being re-organized because of the new homeland security bill and that they won't process any cases until the re-organization is done.. Has anyone else heard something on this topic... Hope its just a rumour..

fax inquiry reply

lawyer got a response to the fax inquiry:

file sent to adjudications 12-10-02

what does this mean?

I140 RD 07-30-02
no RFEs yet

delays at the INS

In my case, I will have to file for H-1 extension. Else, I might not be authorized to work, when the H-1 expires and I dont have the EAD approved due to clearance delays.

http://www.usabal.com/news/2002/02Nov26.html

INS Slowdown Rumor True, Moratorium False

November 22, 2002. - The Immigration and Naturalization Service has denied the rumor that it had placed a moratorium on application processing, but advised that more careful attention would be paid to security checks. According to INS letters posted on the American Immigration Lawyer's Association Infonet, the rumor began when an INS internal memo was circulated in response to INS approving naturalization for a known terrorist suspect, which could have been prevented had the security background checks been conducted.

The internal memo from INS headquarters reminds all officers that security background checks are essential before making a final adjudication of naturalization, adjustment of status, or asylum application. For example, at the conclusion of a successful interview, the INS officer will no longer be able to issue a temporary green card stamp to the foreign national, absent the required checks. The memo also mandates that applications for advance parole (AP) and employment authorization (EAD) documents cannot be issued until IBIS checks have been completed.

The reaction of INS offices around the country has been dramatic. Many offices have ceased to issue same-day employment authorization documents, and many individuals with successful adjustment of status interviews were told to wait for final case approval. Many INS offices lack the computer system enhancements required to perform the necessary FBI name checks, and cases are being held in abeyance until the upgrades can be implemented.

Berry, Appleman & Leiden advises that the current uncertainties regarding the timely issuance of employment authorization cards, and other related benefits as noted above, will force employers to consider maintaining underlying non-immigrant status (such as H-1B or L-1) for as long as possible to avoid gaps in employment authorization.

-.Larry Drumm, Associate Attorney Berry Appleman & Leiden, LLP San Francisco Office

Source: AILA InfoNet

Last edited by a moderator: