I-140 CALIFORNIA EB2 Tracker only

Concurrent filers

Hi guys,

I have a question, which would help me decide wether to go for concurrent process or not?

I heard that in concurent processing both i-140& i-485 get adjudicate at the same time is it True?

But in CSC i-140 are getting approved first and then it is going to a next step
this is the only service centre where results are coming out for concourrent filling application so please respond what is the process in case of concurrent filling and also read this article does this make any sense.

http://www.usvisanews.com/memo1851.html

INS Restricts Portability Eligibility in Concurrent Filings

We received some new and somewhat surprising information from Madeline Garcia following her attendance at an American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA) South Florida luncheon on Wednesday (September 17th). Among the wealth of information she absorbed was the information relating to portability in the context of concurrent I-140/I-485 filings.

As you may be aware, AC21 includes a provision (§106(c)) which allows for a change in employment in cases of lengthy adjustment adjudications. What this allows for is the substitution of a new sponsor and offer of employment (in the same or similar profession) into a pending adjustment application if the I-485 has been filed and remained unadjudicated for 180 days or more.

Many of you have been writing to us asking us a couple of important questions such as:

1. Will the I-140 still be processed first?
______ - AND -

2. How will concurrent filing work in the context of I-485 portability?

According to the AILA source and the information shared at Wednesday's meeting, the INS has indicated that the I-140 will not be adjudicated until the I-485 is adjudicated. Furthermore, the INS has taken the position that this portability can only be enjoyed by an applicant for adjustment of status whose I-140 petition has been approved. Since applicants for adjustment who apply pursuant to their new ability to file concurrent I-140 and I-485 filings will not have an approved I-140 during the pendency of the adjustment, these applicants will NOT be eligible for the benefits of Section 106(c).

This information may change in the future since regulations have not been drafted. However, INS' comments highlight significant implications for many prospective concurrent applicants and reinforce that the new concurrent filing option, though very appealing, may not be for everyone.

:confused:

does anyone knows about why evertime I go to
https://egov.ins.usdoj.gov/graphics...ps/caseStat.jsp to check my status, I always get following msg:

Status for this Receipt Number cannot be found at this time in this automated system. Please check your case receipt number to see if it is correct. If you have questions or concerns about your case status, please contact the service center where you submitted your application.

My lawer file I140 with INS one month ago, do you think INS has not update the status online yet?

thanks

AVM and online status report ?

What does this mean ?

"We mailed you a receipt with information about processing. It is taking between 158 and 60 days for us to process this kind of case. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete."

Does this mean between 60 to 158 days ?
Or does it mean 158 to 160 days ?

Re: AVM and online status report ?

Originally posted by gumnaam
What does this mean ?

"We mailed you a receipt with information about processing. It is taking between 158 and 60 days for us to process this kind of case. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete."

Does this mean between 60 to 158 days ?
Or does it mean 158 to 160 days ?
Even I am confused abt this. hope it is 60-158. If you call AVM also, its telling 158 - 60 days. So, I guess it is right.

Any March Case pending except me?

I just want to know anybody else is in the same boat with me. My RD is Mar 4, 2002.

Any update from concurrent filers?

Hi, Guys, Any update from concurrent filers?
Please post if there is an update so that we can caluclate our lead times.
Thx,

Re: Any March Case pending except me?

Originally posted by rqtang
I just want to know anybody else is in the same boat with me. My RD is Mar 4, 2002.

My RD is Feb 13, 2002. Still No progress at CSC.

Got my I-140 (EB2 - RIR) approval on Oct 9, 2002. My RD was 02/13/2002. The max duration of 158 days in the message is very accurate.:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Shishir and rqtang,

Are your RDs for I-140 or for I-485. CSC has moved waaaaay beyond Feb and Mar 2002 for I-140 in all categories except NIW.

My friend's I-140 Receipt Date was 1/25/2002, and he told me his just got approved.-- his attorney hasn't received the approval notice yet.

What is Fax Inquiry for?

My lawyer said the response from CSC means that my case is under review and could be processed in 2-3 weeks. Now, 4 weeks passed.

Anyone know other pushing method for CSC I140? FAX AGAIN? My lawyer is not so active?

Originally posted by gc-despo
Shishir and rqtang,

Are your RDs for I-140 or for I-485. CSC has moved waaaaay beyond Feb and Mar 2002 for I-140 in all categories except NIW.

gc-despo

My RD is for I-140. Even though other websites say that INS is processing cases with RD in Aug'02, I still see cases with RD around my date.

Got my FP notice today

140/485 concurrent. PD on 9/16/2002
-------------------------------------------------------------------

This peice sounds good:cool:
Any way, if the Service Centers determine that the I-140 petition is statutorily eligible and the proper evidence for determination of eligibility are found in the filing, the Service Centers will issue EAD and Advance Parole. Currently, the Service Centers are targetting at making I-140 statutory eligibility review or adjudication within 60 days from the date of receipt. In the concurrent filing situation, people should be prepared for delay of getting EAD and Advance Parole.

Last edited by a moderator:
URGENT: Labor and I-140 should it be from same center??

I am using substitute labor which is filed from Texas. But I am working in California branch of the company. So, can I file I-140 and I-485 from California center??????????????????

i140 process time?

Hi all,
Just got my LC and will file the i140 soon under EB2 category ( i believe). how long is the process time nowadays? can anybody give me some ideas? i heard is 3-5 months..and from reading some posting in semptember i looks like some got approved less than 2 months. all depends???...........

485 receipts

I have a question about 485 and 140 receipts..

My husband's employer filed for 140 and 485 ( +EAD and AP) with a labor subsititution(which was approved last year) , we got the receipts for 485, EAD and AP, but not a receipt for 140. Is this normally the case? Also the priority date field on the 485 receipt is blank.. should there be some date there?

thanks in advance..