I-140 Approved after Aug ,Please share the Information

Sandeep_N said:
There still seems to be some confusion regarding the PD. Everytime I ask the NVC operators, they say that they move the case to the consulate only if they have PDs "from Washington" - I have asked atleast 3 times and got the same response. However, from cptracker and all, we know that the consulate is not entertaining the cases after the Visa bulletin PDs. So wonder what these guys are talking about.......:confused:

If your consulate is in monteral then what they are saying is right... NVC will schedule the interview also

update :
My case is forwarded to b'bay consulate y'day : 02/01/2005

Prosix,
Where is your case now ? is it been sent to consulate ?

-june04

June04 said:
update :
My case is forwarded to b'bay consulate y'day : 02/01/2005

Prosix,
Where is your case now ? is it been sent to consulate ?

-june04

June,

I have been lazy in filling out DS203 and still haven't sent it to NVC. I think I am doing this since I know that nothing will happen soon. I will try to send it this week.

So that means they forward the case to consulate even if PD is not current. Thnaks for update and good luck

case forwarded to the consulate on 02/01/2005. i also talked to the consulate and we set a tentative date for the last week of march. they said to call back in a week, when they will have the file to confirm the date.

Hi All ,
I got PCC fom Indian consulate Washigton in Sept 2004 and my interview is likely to be in April 2005 ,i got a mail from Chennai consulate that PCC is valid for only 6 months from the day it is issued so i want to apply it again ,could some one let me know will it take 30-40 days again to get the PCC or can i get the PCC again in Day or Two ? Did any one ever came across this situation ?

PS:I got my Passport in India in 1998 .

Thanks
Naveen

naveenav said:
Hi All ,
I got PCC fom Indian consulate Washigton in Sept 2004 and my interview is likely to be in April 2005 ,i got a mail from Chennai consulate that PCC is valid for only 6 months from the day it is issued so i want to apply it again ,could some one let me know will it take 30-40 days again to get the PCC or can i get the PCC again in Day or Two ? Did any one ever came across this situation ?

PS:I got my Passport in India in 1998 .

Thanks
Naveen

Hi naveen,

You can get the pcc from india ....

I am in USA from past 6 years so i have to get PCC from US local Indian Embassy but my question is will it take again 30-40 days to get a new PCC even though i got PCC once before 7 months ?

Thanks
Naveen

you can get pcc from india too even though you are staying in united states.Even if you apply from here the indian embassy will contact the passport office in india and verify your details and get the pcc...

Even if you get from india or from us the pcc is valid.

naveenav,

I think you should get the PCC fairly quickly this time from the same consulate U went through earlier. My judgement is 5-7 days

naveenav said:
I am in USA from past 6 years so i have to get PCC from US local Indian Embassy but my question is will it take again 30-40 days to get a new PCC even though i got PCC once before 7 months ?

Thanks
Naveen

Agree with alren. They may not need to refer the case back to India because of the earlier PCC and also the fact that you have not visited India in the interim period.

Even looking at the worst case scenario, you seem to have enough time on your hands.

Raju

Question on DS230 Part 1?

In DS230 Part1, what should we fill for this question. I mean I have been here on H1 for last 6 years and went to visit India 2 times, should I write each entry. Also within US I moved to different place, should I have to fill out those also. Please help.

25. List dates of all previous visits to or residence in the United States. (If never, write "never") Give type of visa status, if known. Give DHS "A"
number if any.

Thanks

-P

Yes. I also had 2 trip to India in these years. I mentioned both.
june04

prosix said:
In DS230 Part1, what should we fill for this question. I mean I have been here on H1 for last 6 years and went to visit India 2 times, should I write each entry. Also within US I moved to different place, should I have to fill out those also. Please help.

25. List dates of all previous visits to or residence in the United States. (If never, write "never") Give type of visa status, if known. Give DHS "A"
number if any.

Thanks

-P

June04 said:
Yes. I also had 2 trip to India in these years. I mentioned both.
june04

But during these visits, I lived in multiple places for different periods, do we neeed to mentioned all place I moved. I don't understand if it asks for visits, then what is FROM/TO for?

following are my previous visits to US

1. Mar-1999 in NJ (then moved to OR after 4 months)
2. Apr-2001 in CA
3. Apr-2004 in FL

and during these visits Ilived in mutiple places (for assignemnts). I don't inderstand how to fill these dates and place in the form.

prosix said:
But during these visits, I lived in multiple places for different periods, do we neeed to mentioned all place I moved. I don't understand if it asks for visits, then what is FROM/TO for?

following are my previous visits to US

1. Mar-1999 in NJ (then moved to OR after 4 months)
2. Apr-2001 in CA
3. Apr-2004 in FL

and during these visits Ilived in mutiple places (for assignemnts). I don't inderstand how to fill these dates and place in the form.
I am assuming you mean line Item 20 on the DS-230. Please note that it says "you lave lived for atleast 6 months" - so any stay for 4 months etc need not be mentioned. It can be included in the larger timeframe. What I would do is to record significant changes like those which require, say, a new LCA for H1 etc. which would be there on records too.

Sorry - jumped to a conclusion. But the logic should still hold-it might be enough to put the places you have been documented by an LCA/I-94/AR-11 as your visit/residence.