I-140 Applications in Security Check

LUD update on 10/6/2004

My I140 case is under security check pending since Feb 2004.
LUD on my I140 case got updated on 6/10/2006. I have no Idea what it means, when I contacted my lawyer he said he did not receive any reference on my 140 case.

Guy's are their some one who are struck in security check let me know what could be possible reason for LUD changes.

Thank's

Doesn't mean a thing...

There was a change in the LUD for my case on 3/10/2006 with no change in the message. On 6/10/2006, there was another change. This time the message changed. The line that says 'These types of cases normally take 150 to 180 days..' or something like that was removed and replaced with 'We will let you know once the case has been approved'.

For 2 1/2 years they said that it takes them 150 - 180 days. Now they say that they will let me know when they approve. In other words, don't bother us... Don't call us, we will call you!!!!

Go figure.. :mad: :mad: :mad:

A question for you, bmt74

bmt74 said:
snafu and others,
Sorry to see you guys in this position. My prayers are with you. I know that pain because I was there before.

You should write a letter to the CIS Ombudsman Prakash Khatri. Have you done that ?.

The following link has his recent report to congress:
http://www.dhs.gov/dhspublic/interapp/editorial/editorial_0890.xml

He did mention the security checks in this report.

I recently saw a post by your handle on murthy.com about your AC21 saga. So what is the status on the RFE? Have you responded yet? Do you have any plans for the worst-case situation(denial)?

The response has not been sent yet...probably next week. I did apply for another H1 extn thru premium processing. It got approved within a week. It is valid Nov '07. So I have some breathing time to think about backup plans. Even if the worse thing happens on my I-140, I think I have enough time to file another PERM and then eventually I-140. If both are approved, I can get another 3 year extension. Thats the plan rightnow.

My theory is "let's do our best and leave the rest to God". He has the best for everyone.

Hi bmt74,

Good luck with your RFE response. Did you receive any emails from USCIS when your security checks got cleared? I was wondering how USCIS will inform when these security checks are complete.

I wonder what will happen if I file another I-140 petition? Is there any chance that would get approved without getting stuck in security checks as the current application? I was thinking of persuing this option but not sure if its worth the expenses.

May be security checks at I140 stage can be avoided by filing I140 and not I485. I mean may be these securuity checks are done only at I485 stage and since I filed both I140/I485 concurrently, this must have effected my I140 approval. Any thoughts on this? I appreciate your response.

Thanks.

colts fan

I applied another labor in perm in EB2 it got approved last month and iam filing another 140 next week.let me see what will happen to this 140.If it gets cleared without any security check may be u all can do the same thing.

colts fan,

I don't think CIS will ever notify you once security review is done. In my case, when the new company filed H1 transfer, NSC looked at all my pending cases and approved them -- except AP , it has been pending for almost a year now. And also, they sent an RFE on my I-140.

Bottom line is, I am still not completely out of the security review hole.

What Kishore did was a smart thing and that's what I would do too.

When CIS says you are under security review, it may not be necessarly on you, it could be on your company. Has your company violated the immigration laws ever ?

Thanks bmt74. My attoney says my company never had any trouble with USCIS. But, I dont know for sure.

Thanks Kishore. I wish you all the best for your I140. Hopefully, it goes through and we can try the same and test our luck.

140 research through a senator

Guys,
I thought 140 status can be enquired only by a attorney or the employer himself. My 140 (EB2 substitution) has been pending for 10months too. I don't even know if it is security check or something else. Lawyer said he did some status check but did not get a response. Is there anything I can do to find out what is going on with my I140.Would I be able to get a senator contact on my case instead of the attorney.Also regarding the premium processing of 140s, can existing cases get changed to premium processing ?Please guide me
thanks
chicchu

I-140 Premium Processing

Hi Guys,

As you all know I-140 Premium Processing will soon start from this 28-Aug, is it worth for people who are stuck in security check , should they apply?

I don't know if we are stuck in security check, will they approve our I-140 and push security check on I-485, so that our I-140 is cleared...

Any guess....

sanju_y678 said:
Hi Guys,

As you all know I-140 Premium Processing will soon start from this 28-Aug, is it worth for people who are stuck in security check , should they apply?

I don't know if we are stuck in security check, will they approve our I-140 and push security check on I-485, so that our I-140 is cleared...

Any guess....[/QUOTEArew

Are we eligible to apply it ???

Back to original subject :)
Are you guys sure there's a security check for i140? i've read the "..All applications must undergo security checks..." passage, but still it seems unlikely to me that i140 goes through security. If it does, and is approved, why there are so many people stuck in security check at the i485 stage, after i140 approval? :confused:

READ THIS on USCIS site :- This tells me we are not eligible

http://www.uscis.gov/graphics/howdoi/prem_process.htm

Are there any additional conditions of availability being placed on the Premium Processing Service at this time?

Yes. This will accord USCIS the flexibility to adapt to contingencies affecting its ability to provide Premium Processing Service. Premium Processing Service is available for the Form I-140 classifications indicated on the chart above provided that the case does not involve:

A second filing of a Form I-140 petition while an initial Form I-140 remains pending;
Labor Certification substitution requests; and
Duplicate Labor Certification requests (i.e., cases filed without an original labor certification from the Department of labor).
USCIS is prescribing these additional conditions of availability on Premium Processing for Form I-140 because of their special processing requirements, including locating and transferring other files or documents internally and requesting initial evidence from an outside agency, that make it difficult for USCIS to guarantee that it will process the case within a 15 calendar day period.

Please update the forum if something good happens using I-140 premium processing. I am also thinking of going in for premium processing once it becomes available for EB2.