I-140 after BEC: How, what, when, where ...

There is a formula that is used to calculate credits for SS. You can earn 40 credits in 8-9 years also (most ppl need 10 years to reach 40 credits)

caleblee said:
I don't know much about this sponsor requirement for 485.

But I am not sure you can have 40 credits unless you have been paying Social Security Tax for 10 years because you can earn a maximum of four credits each year.

I am just curious.

At the 485 stage you need a sponsor.. or show self sponsorship.. as in you will not become a ward of the state and use government resources...if it is employment based application(ie i-140 approved), the employer sends a letter.. if it is family based (i-130 petition) you affidavit from sponsor or you can send proof that you have 40 credits in social security..

you earn one credit for every quarter you have worked and earned income.. when employer files quaterly unemployment/fica filings, your credit so to speak gets recorded.. as far I know it.. if you earned 0 dollars in 1 st quarter of that year and 50000 dollars the second quarter.. you still only get credit for having worked the second quarter and not the first..

The paperwork sent with i-140 is to show whether your company has the ability to pay your salary, hence they ask for company financials/tax returns to show their ability to pay your future salary

This is my understanding.. pls correct me if I am wrong.

My company had loss on the LC Filed

I have a same problem. My LC filed in 2004. My company had loss on the year 2004 but 2001,2002, 2003 and 2005 tax returns shows profit. How does it impact my I-140? Comapny will file 2006 returns soon will show profit again.
Ours is a small company only 15 people on payroll
I can show my latest pay stubs, my present salary is more than required wage.
Gurus please help

jaysai said:
Hi Fellow surfers (or should I say sufferers :),

My company had loss on the year my PD seems to have been filled. Not sure about it yet. How does it impact my I-140 approval?

Thanks,

I almost feel at home here!

I just got out of the PBEC mess after a wait of 5 & 1/2 years and am new to this thread.
I am in the process of applying for my I-140 (premium) and hoping my dates become current soon.
My labor was approved on Jan 17th and recd. the hardcopy on Jan 22nd, although the website still shows 'In-Process".

I hope the next steps won't be as testing.

Thank you 2002calabor for starting this thread!

Manwithnoname

manwithnoname said:
Newbie here .... my take on the issues are as follows:

6. Pro: quick approval, this is necessary in order to get 3 year H-1B approval for retrogressed candidates, Con: costs a grand, likely to be revised

Where did you hear about revising the premium processing? Thanks.

meg_z said:
Where did you hear about revising the premium processing? Thanks.

I read that in immigration law webiste; the excerpt follows ...

12/29/2006: USCIS Requests OMB to Review/Approve Premium Processing Fee Increase per Inflation

Yesterday, the USCIS requested OMB to review and approve its proposed rule to raise the Premium Processing Fees. Once it is approved, it will be published with a 60-day comment period, probably before the spring. The purpose is stated as follows:
  • Section 112 of the District of Columbia Appropriations Act of 2001 authorized the collection of a premium fee for employment-based petitions and applications. U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) uses this fee to provide certain premium-processing services to business customers, and to make infrastructure improvements in the adjudications and customer-service processes. This proposed rule adjusts the premium processing fee for employment based petitions and applications, and provides that all future fee adjustments for Premium Processing Service will be made annually through publication in the Federal Register as with other USCIS fees. The premium processing fee is paid in addition to the regular petition or application fee.
There is no information available about the specific amount it will raise. However, a rumor has been going around that it will be quite substantial. Remember our posting of CRS Report on 12/22/2006 that under the FY 2007 DHS budget, USCIS will have to raise the fee income at whoppy $1,986 million! The amount which the USCIS will have to raise is historic. Beware of potential raise of all the filing fees to a "substantial" amount across the board in the coming year.

Hi All,

Needed to share this information with you. I had got premium processing done for I140. The lawyer sent the documents out on 1/16/07 and I got my approval on 1/25/07. Within 7 days the approval came. I just found this great since I had a long wait for my lc. However I have to wait for my date to become current so that I can file for 485. What kind of problems I can face while filing for 485.

Godhelpgclover said:
Hi All,

Needed to share this information with you. I had got premium processing done for I140. The lawyer sent the documents out on 1/16/07 and I got my approval on 1/25/07. Within 7 days the approval came. I just found this great since I had a long wait for my lc. However I have to wait for my date to become current so that I can file for 485. What kind of problems I can face while filing for 485.

Congrats, from your previous post I understand that your's an EB2 case. Now, can you tell us whether your case was processed from TSC or NSC? Also how was the EB2 defined: MS or BS + 5years?

Thanks

manwithnoname said:
Congrats, from your previous post I understand that your's an EB2 case. Now, can you tell us whether your case was processed from TSC or NSC? Also how was the EB2 defined: MS or BS + 5years?

Thanks

Actually I am not sure whether it was TSC or NSC. However the EB2 was defined as BS + 5 years. Wishing you all the best.

Need Info

Can someone here tell me:

1. What is the link to check where (TSC/NSC) your 140 case got filed?
2. What is the link to check status of 140?

I am hoping that my 140/485 will get filed in the next week or so. My lawyer (the legal assistant actually) has been working at snails pace for the last 3 months but it appears *fingers crossed* it might get filed soon.

Can somebody who apply for I-140 recently give us and update about their case. I need an input to file I-140 tru premium or regular.

can't find any valuable input regarding those subject yet and I need to make a decision ASAP.

Is it true that if you submit your Application via premium processing there is a bigger chance you will got an RFE. Any approval lately for Premium processing ?

Thanks for any reply.

2002calabor said:
Can someone here tell me:

1. What is the link to check where (TSC/NSC) your 140 case got filed?
2. What is the link to check status of 140?

I am hoping that my 140/485 will get filed in the next week or so. My lawyer (the legal assistant actually) has been working at snails pace for the last 3 months but it appears *fingers crossed* it might get filed soon.

1. You have to file at NSC only. Once you receive the Receipt Notice, check for the case number: LIN implies NSC while SRC implies TSC.
2. You can check the status here.

katrina17 said:
Can somebody who apply for I-140 recently give us and update about their case. I need an input to file I-140 tru premium or regular.

can't find any valuable input regarding those subject yet and I need to make a decision ASAP.

Is it true that if you submit your Application via premium processing there is a bigger chance you will got an RFE. Any approval lately for Premium processing ?

Thanks for any reply.

I don't think premium processing matters on the decision. I would do premium only if my PD is retrogressed and awaiting expiry of the current tenure of H-1B (need 3 year H-1B extension). Please read this post and check the Trackitt forum and sort the I-140 data with premium processing to verify the number of RFEs.

manwithnoname said:
I don't think premium processing matters on the decision. I would do premium only if my PD is retrogressed and awaiting expiry of the current tenure of H-1B (need 3 year H-1B extension). Please read this post and check the Trackitt forum and sort the I-140 data with premium processing to verify the number of RFEs.

manwithnoname said:
1. You have to file at NSC only. Once you receive the Receipt Notice, check for the case number: LIN implies NSC while SRC implies TSC.
2. You can check the status here.

Thanks for the info. But I think I spoke too soon. My lawfirm is full of As****. I have been trying to chase down my lawyer for over 3 months and they are still putting the forms together. Now the lawyer handling my case is gone on maternity leave. The new lawyer assigned to my case has started reviewing my case. I think everyone ultimately ends up spending a lot of time for GC. I have spent over 4 years waiting for the LC and now over 3 months just to file the forms.

Well ... life isn't easy ...

NSC vs TSC

I just filled my I-140 and it went to NSC.
I was wondering if anyone had any ideas about which SC has a better approval rate.
Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!