I-140 after BEC: How, what, when, where ...

NYC2001 said:
I just filled my I-140 and it went to NSC.
I was wondering if anyone had any ideas about which SC has a better approval rate.
Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

As every case is unique, I would rely on the ability of my employer's attorney. A well prepared case should get an approval no matter where it goes. Also, please note that there are several EB2 approval postings (both PP and Regular) in this forum as well as Trackitt forum, from NSC.

manwithnoname said:
As every case is unique, I would rely on the ability of my employer's attorney. A well prepared case should get an approval no matter where it goes. Also, please note that there are several EB2 approval postings (both PP and Regular) in this forum as well as Trackitt forum, from NSC.

Thank you! I appreciate your quick response and I hope I get a favourable answer soon enough, which will resolve all issues.
After which my wait begins for my priority date to become current. All I need is for it to move by 2 months 3 days. Didn't happen in March, so I am hoping that April holds some good news.
Lets hope for the best.
Thanks

What is the criteria(s) that has to fulfilled in order to file for filing 140/485/EAD TOGETHER.

I am B.sc degree holder from India. Prior to join my curretn employer who has filed for my GC got 5 years experice and till date experience is 10 years

EB3 India
PD: Oct 28 2003
LC Received: Sep 15 2006

Please advice

Hi NYC2001,

Welcome to our new home till we all get out of the GC limbo. From what I have read on different forums it seems NSC is known to issue RFE's whereas TSC does things smoothly. Pretty much same as labor cert, DBEC was approving cases really fast while PBEC made us wait for 2 years.

I guess its luck. Please keep this forum posted about your 140 status. I have also finally managed to file 140 !

Take Care

NYC2001 said:
Thank you! I appreciate your quick response and I hope I get a favourable answer soon enough, which will resolve all issues.
After which my wait begins for my priority date to become current. All I need is for it to move by 2 months 3 days. Didn't happen in March, so I am hoping that April holds some good news.
Lets hope for the best.
Thanks

DBEC - was only processing RIR - made me wait forever

Please do not be under the false impression that DBEC was processing cases promptly. It took me forever to get my case (RIR remanded to TR, and back to RIR).

DBEC has been only processing RIR, only recently started processing TR cases.

2002calabor said:
Thanks for the info. But I think I spoke too soon. My lawfirm is full of As****. I have been trying to chase down my lawyer for over 3 months and they are still putting the forms together. Now the lawyer handling my case is gone on maternity leave. The new lawyer assigned to my case has started reviewing my case. I think everyone ultimately ends up spending a lot of time for GC. I have spent over 4 years waiting for the LC and now over 3 months just to file the forms.

Well ... life isn't easy ...

Well, I thought my attorney's office was slow. It took them a month to prepare the forms. Hopefully we can file next week. Good luck.

What is the criteria(s) that has to fulfilled in order to file for filing 140/485/EAD TOGETHER.

I am B.sc degree holder from India. Prior to join my curretn employer who has filed for my GC got 5 years experice and till date experience is 10 years

EB3 India
PD: Oct 28 2003
LC Received: Sep 15 2006

Please advice

You can file I-485 only when your priority date is current. Otherwise file for I-140 only.

Please do not be under the false impression that DBEC was processing cases promptly. It took me forever to get my case (RIR remanded to TR, and back to RIR).

DBEC has been only processing RIR, only recently started processing TR cases.

About processing the TR cases, there are no differences between DBEC and PBEC.

On the other hand, DBEC was way ahead of PBEC in processing the RIR - LC cases that went to regional. Around mid 2006, PBEC picked up speed and eventually overtook DBEC in terms of number of approvals per week. This was my observation from the BEC tracker.

?????

Is it possible can I switch to company B after approved GC labor + I-140 from company A and maintain the same priority date of labor (filed by company A) ???

Please help me with your suggestions.

Thanks

Just received an RFE

Hi NYC2001,

Welcome to our new home till we all get out of the GC limbo. From what I have read on different forums it seems NSC is known to issue RFE's whereas TSC does things smoothly. Pretty much same as labor cert, DBEC was approving cases really fast while PBEC made us wait for 2 years.

I guess its luck. Please keep this forum posted about your 140 status. I have also finally managed to file 140 !

Take Care

Well, you were right, NSC has not proven very lucky for me. I just received an RFE today.
The reason for the RFE:
Evidence of name change after marriage as my transcripts were with my maiden name.
And a request for evidence that i obtained my degree prior to my priority date with evidence of dates during which I obtained my degree. They need the supporting documentation that the education evaluator used to evaluate my degree. Basically a copy of all my transcripts etc.
Lets hope they are satisfied with everything they receive and I hope they approve my case.
I did premium processing and my case landed at NSC.

Hope I hear better news next week!

Anybody knows what will happen after you are scheduled for biometric?
Normally how long will it takes to get a greencard from biometric?

I-i40 approved

Hi just want to give you all an update of my journey :)

After waiting for 4 years and 28 days for my labor cert approval and almost 2 month to finish my paperwork for I-140 I decided to go with premium processing prepare for the worse but to my surprise I've got the approval notice within 3 days. My I-140 processed in Texas service center.

So at this point another waiting will be for my I-485 to become current.

Wish you all the best.

Congrats!

Hi just want to give you all an update of my journey :)

After waiting for 4 years and 28 days for my labor cert approval and almost 2 month to finish my paperwork for I-140 I decided to go with premium processing prepare for the worse but to my surprise I've got the approval notice within 3 days. My I-140 processed in Texas service center.

So at this point another waiting will be for my I-485 to become current.

Wish you all the best.

I have followed you here from the labor forums, lets see what's luck has got for me in future..
My lawyer has all the papers for I-140, and I am expecting him to submit it anyday.

Can anyone tell me how long does it take to get the receipt notice for I140 ?

According to my lawyer it could take 7 to 14 days to get the receipt notice.

I'm not sure if premium via regular has any difference.
In my case my lawyer send the paperwork on 7th of February and I've got the receip notice at February 13th.

Hope this help.

I had a I-140 approved last year based on PERM, and my RIR was approved this week, is there any possibility that I can use the previously approved I-140? Thanks in advance.

I had a I-140 approved last year based on PERM, and my RIR was approved this week, is there any possibility that I can use the previously approved I-140? Thanks in advance.

No you cannot. You have to file a new I-140 for the LC approved by the backlog processing center. However, if the PERM LC is of an higher employment category, you may file the I-485 in that particular category.

Does anyone know what the LIN # means for an I1040 petition? Does that mean my case is definitely at NSC or are there chances it still might go to TSC?

NYC2001,
Please keep us all posted of your status here.

Well, you were right, NSC has not proven very lucky for me. I just received an RFE today.
The reason for the RFE:
Evidence of name change after marriage as my transcripts were with my maiden name.
And a request for evidence that i obtained my degree prior to my priority date with evidence of dates during which I obtained my degree. They need the supporting documentation that the education evaluator used to evaluate my degree. Basically a copy of all my transcripts etc.
Lets hope they are satisfied with everything they receive and I hope they approve my case.
I did premium processing and my case landed at NSC.

Hope I hear better news next week!

Does anyone know what the LIN # means for an I1040 petition? Does that mean my case is definitely at NSC or are there chances it still might go to TSC?

NYC2001,
Please keep us all posted of your status here.

For an I-140 petition, case number starting with LIN indicates NSC whereas SRC indicates TSC. Generally, a receipt notice will be sent after the transfer occurs.