I-140 after BEC: How, what, when, where ...

Need advice

Guru's

My company has an approved labor(which i want to use for substitution) ,but dont have the determination letter yet.I will reach the 6 year limit on jan 27th......can I file for i-140 under regular processing with the request for duplicate LC and apply for the 7th year extension?

Thanks in advance,
AC

140/485 processed by?

Does any one know which center will process I485 application filed from Connecticut? I heard the I140 is randomly assigned to either TSC or NSC, is it right? Thanks.

Hi Guys

Hi,

I just found out that I got out of BEC mess, My labor status changed to certified as of today.
Guys, I have one question, Can any one of you tell me which center that my 140 should be filed at?. My labor SWA is GA.

Also what is the approximate time to get 140 approved. my 7th year ends in may 2007. So I need to decide whether I should go for premium or not.

Thanks guys.

Center to file 140/485

ctcloud said:
Does any one know which center will process I485 application filed from Connecticut? I heard the I140 is randomly assigned to either TSC or NSC, is it right? Thanks.

I am not sure about where to file 485, as I did not get to that juncture yet. But, yes, you are correct, 140 filing randomly gets assigned to either NSC or TSC. Mine was sent to NSC, I know it for sure there were a bunch of people whose went to TSC. No particular logic as to where it will go.

Check with your attorney about where to send the paperwork initially. It will then get re-routed to the any one of those centers.

How long does it take to get the receipt from BCIS? I filed premium processing on Friday December 15th and I dont think we have the receipt yet.
Does anyone knows? :confused:

All forms are submitted to a PO Box in NSC and they are randomly (?) distributed between TSC and NSC. If you are lucky your case will go to TSC and you will get out much faster and easier. NSC is known to deny a lot of cases based on education evaluation.

Its the same story all over again. PBEC was awfully slow and DBEC was just working at an amazing pace. My 2002 case just got approved and I have friends who filed in 2005 and their cases were approved by DBEC in spring of this year. So, start praying that your case goes to Texas ;)
nervewreck said:
I am not sure about where to file 485, as I did not get to that juncture yet. But, yes, you are correct, 140 filing randomly gets assigned to either NSC or TSC. Mine was sent to NSC, I know it for sure there were a bunch of people whose went to TSC. No particular logic as to where it will go.

Check with your attorney about where to send the paperwork initially. It will then get re-routed to the any one of those centers.

Hi Guys,

Getting premium processing done for 140. My lawyer had received the letter on 12/8/06 and till now has not filed 140. To top it all she has taken off with her family for christmas cum new year break. Probably this will be done in the first week of January now. Question is how long will it take to process the same. And whether in premium processing does it go to NSC/TSC. Thanks in advance for the answer.

140 premium

nervewreck, thank you for the information. Did you file regular 140 first and then file 140 premium processing later? Thanks.

BTW, does anyone one know how fast TSC processes 140 recently?

nervewreck said:

ctcloud -

Yes, I have first filed for 140 in regular processing. I filed in July'06 and there was no PP at that time. My 140 went to NSC and had no progress until Nov 30th. Processing timing for NSC mentioned that they were still working on May '06 cases.

Anyways, On Nov 30th I've converted my 140 to premium processing, and got the approval in 4 days ! :)

Typical

This is really typical. My lawyer has been trying to gather the forms for over a month now. In fact, I don't even get to talk to my lawyer. Its the legal assistant that talks to me, if that.

Godhelpgclover said:
Hi Guys,

Getting premium processing done for 140. My lawyer had received the letter on 12/8/06 and till now has not filed 140. To top it all she has taken off with her family for christmas cum new year break. Probably this will be done in the first week of January now. Question is how long will it take to process the same. And whether in premium processing does it go to NSC/TSC. Thanks in advance for the answer.

Very common!

Godhelpgclover said:
Hi Guys,

My company takes about a month just to issue the $195 I-140 fee....roadblocks in each and every step of the way....I guess there is not much we can do...

next step?

I just got out from the PBEC mess.
First struggle: Just receive the final determination letter (cover letter) but there was not ETA 750 attached. The letter said enclosed ETA 750? How to solve this problem? Anyone, Please give me some advice? :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Eta 750

eaky said:
I just got out from the PBEC mess.
First struggle: Just receive the final determination letter (cover letter) but there was not ETA 750 attached. The letter said enclosed ETA 750? How to solve this problem? Anyone, Please give me some advice? :D

From the info I got from the earlier post, ETA 750 usually goes to your lawyer/employer, and i think you just get a copy of the final determination letter on your home address.

I am still waiting for paperwork to arrive.

Has anyone received the labor approval at their home address? My labor was approved over 2 months ago and I haven't seen it come to my home.

Off course the lawyer won't share the labor approval or 140 or anything for that matter.

ThirstyFish said:
From the info I got from the earlier post, ETA 750 usually goes to your lawyer/employer, and i think you just get a copy of the final determination letter on your home address.

I am still waiting for paperwork to arrive.

2002calabor said:
Has anyone received the labor approval at their home address? My labor was approved over 2 months ago and I haven't seen it come to my home.

Off course the lawyer won't share the labor approval or 140 or anything for that matter.

I received nothing at my home address. But both the lawyer and the Company received the paper work. Till date not seen anything of what they sent. :)

Changing employers mid LC processing.

Hi Guys,

Here is a lesson to learn from. I filed for LC from Company A, moved to Company B after waiting for 3 years. Finally the LC got approved from Company A after 3 1/2 years. The company B have yet to file PERM labor and I have just 14 months for 6 years H1B.

Now I cannot use the Company A LC any more and start over fresh. I am really frustrated with the LC process.

Guys, this is what happened to me. :(

Maybe

wish30 said:
Hi Guys,

Here is a lesson to learn from. I filed for LC from Company A, moved to Company B after waiting for 3 years. Finally the LC got approved from Company A after 3 1/2 years. The company B have yet to file PERM labor and I have just 14 months for 6 years H1B.

Now I cannot use the Company A LC any more and start over fresh. I am really frustrated with the LC process.

Guys, this is what happened to me. :(

Correct me if I am wrong? Did you ask Company A to continue helping you? I think good relationship sometimes can help your situation. I know some people move to Company B but Company A owner continue helping him to maintain his status. He has to work part time at company A for a short while to make sure all the paper works went through smoothly. Of course I don't know how it really works but he finally got a greencard anyway. Nothing to lose just trying. Don't lose hope. It is a long process to start fresh again. Good luck.

hi

I didnt receive anything.my lawyer send me a copy in that i saw its only send to my company and lawyer not to me.

copy to Mr.XXXXX and company name thats all

2002calabor said:

You dont get any letter or communication from BEC upon labor certification. Your Lawyer and Employer receives final determination lettter and you lawer receives all paper work.

My labor got approved on 8th Nov. In my case PBEC took total ~2 weeks to send all approval papers to Lawyer.

Lawyer told me that, you do not recieve any paper work at your home address during labor certification and I-140 process.

Not exactly.... a lot of ppl have received letters at home from PBEC

shridharp said:
You dont get any letter or communication from BEC upon labor certification. Your Lawyer and Employer receives final determination lettter and you lawer receives all paper work.

My labor got approved on 8th Nov. In my case PBEC took total ~2 weeks to send all approval papers to Lawyer.

Lawyer told me that, you do not recieve any paper work at your home address during labor certification and I-140 process.