I-140/485 Applied In December 2004

hi 2nd_try

did you get any lud on 485 when u sent an e-mail to them. because i sent a mail yesterday requesting info about 485. i got same reply saying that 'name check pending' . I got LUD on 485 with yesterday's date i.e, 06/16/05. Did you get any LUD like that. Is that LUD because of e-mail enquiry. Do you have any idea? Please share with us.

Thanks,
gcwait2005

2nd_try said:
The new dates show processing 1st march, mine was received on 28th jan, so I sent email to CSC and they notified that I am stuck in "FBI name check", anyone in the same boat? How long does this typically take :)?

2nd_try
----------------------------------------------------------------------
LCA/I140 AD July 2001.
Laid off and rehired, Company got acquired.
I140 amendment(tax id) RD 1/28, ND 2/14 LUD 03/25 [RFE], 05/10 [RFE replied], AD 05/13
EAD RD 1/28, ND 2/1 iEAD 05/18, AD 06/04(for both)
AP RD 1/28, ND 2/1 AD 05/20 (spouse 05/23)
I485 RD 1/28, ND 2/1, biometric/FP 03/05, LUD 03/15 (spouse 3/11)

I too got LUD on my 485 after I recieved the email reply. Yes, the LUD is just because of e-mail enquiry. I noticed that all most everybody who recieved reply got LUD.

Eb3 cutoff dates in Oct 2005

Any idea what will be the cutoff dates for Eb3 when it opens up in Oct 2005.Will it be June 1 , 2005 (The original cutoff as it exisits today ) or will it be worse than that ? Any thoughts ?

Thanks

hi srinivas,

thanks for that info. and what about your 485. is it approved or name check pending.

thanks,
gcwait2005

addagarla said:
I too got LUD on my 485 after I recieved the email reply. Yes, the LUD is just because of e-mail enquiry. I noticed that all most everybody who recieved reply got LUD.

I hope they won't go back. Atleast we applied for 485 and if you get EAD that will be good.

willgetgc2005 said:
Any idea what will be the cutoff dates for Eb3 when it opens up in Oct 2005.Will it be June 1 , 2005 (The original cutoff as it exisits today ) or will it be worse than that ? Any thoughts ?

Thanks

gcwait2005,

name check pending. I dont know whether the reply is automated. We responded to medical RFE and the online status says that "response recieved, the wait times are much lower than the maximum stated as preliminary processing was completed".

I assumed that name check must have been done because they are not touching the applications if the name check is not cleared.

Hoping to see the magic mails before the end of this month.

BTW, did you find a way to enquire about your I-140? I am checking for your posts daily to learn about the good news.

All the best

-Srinivas

hi srinivas,

i am sending u a private message. go through that
addagarla said:
gcwait2005,

name check pending. I dont know whether the reply is automated. We responded to medical RFE and the online status says that "response recieved, the wait times are much lower than the maximum stated as preliminary processing was completed".

I assumed that name check must have been done because they are not touching the applications if the name check is not cleared.

Hoping to see the magic mails before the end of this month.

BTW, did you find a way to enquire about your I-140? I am checking for your posts daily to learn about the good news.

All the best

-Srinivas

gcwait2005

I think its 99% due to the inquery, 'cuz I also got that LUD and I emailed them yesterday and got the answer of 'system checks' immediately which doesn't know what it means. :confused:

gcwait2005 said:
did you get any lud on 485 when u sent an e-mail to them. because i sent a mail yesterday requesting info about 485. i got same reply saying that 'name check pending' . I got LUD on 485 with yesterday's date i.e, 06/16/05. Did you get any LUD like that. Is that LUD because of e-mail enquiry. Do you have any idea? Please share with us.

Thanks,
gcwait2005

I did not have an LUD before the email, but today it shows LUD on both my/spouse' 485, there is no change in message however.

All right guys, there it goes. My company lawyer notified me that I-140 was approved. Approval date was May 19, 2005. Time to finally sit down and relax a little bit, get out of slave mentality and be independent.

2nd_try said:
I did not have an LUD before the email, but today it shows LUD on both my/spouse' 485, there is no change in message however.

At least many of you got the response for the email enquires. In my case I sent them emails regarding in 485 and no response yet. No LUD change after 3/25/05. My I-485 RD is 4th Nov 2004. Got the EAD in Jan 05. I don't understand what they are doing with my case. No replies for enquires, emails. If it doesn't get approved before 1 July, then I am stuck. I-140 approved on 5/3/05. Labor PD is April 2 2002. EB3.

God only can help me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi gc_reqd,

We have the same RD, but I am in EB2.

I too sent a query through the 1-800 number and I for a response after about 35 days saying "my application is undergoing system checks and they will notify me in writing when a decision has been made". That is the standard reply most of us are getting, I think.

gc-reqd said:
At least many of you got the response for the email enquires. In my case I sent them emails regarding in 485 and no response yet. No LUD change after 3/25/05. My I-485 RD is 4th Nov 2004. Got the EAD in Jan 05. I don't understand what they are doing with my case. No replies for enquires, emails. If it doesn't get approved before 1 July, then I am stuck. I-140 approved on 5/3/05. Labor PD is April 2 2002. EB3.

God only can help me.

GCSFO

I also got this 'system check' response. What is it anyway? Is it the same as FBI name check? Or its something else? I found out that INS either don't repond to the inquery or if they do, the responses are 100% useless.

gcsfo said:
Hi gc_reqd,

We have the same RD, but I am in EB2.

I too sent a query through the 1-800 number and I for a response after about 35 days saying "my application is undergoing system checks and they will notify me in writing when a decision has been made". That is the standard reply most of us are getting, I think.

Hi gcsfo,

This scares me a lot because I wonder whether they have misplaced our applications somewhere. Anything is possible in this gc process.

Anyway thanks for your input and let us to see the light in the end of the tunnel sometime soon.

Email response from CSC on 485 delay

stuck @ name check, got following reply from CSC
"This is to inform you that the I-485 in question is still pending. The reason that it is still pending is that USCIS is awaiting NAME CHECK results form the FBI. It may have been a long time since we sent the name, but USCIS has no control of the time it takes. We apologize for the delay"

will_get_there1 said:
stuck @ name check, got following reply from CSC
"This is to inform you that the I-485 in question is still pending. The reason that it is still pending is that USCIS is awaiting NAME CHECK results form the FBI. It may have been a long time since we sent the name, but USCIS has no control of the time it takes. We apologize for the delay"

Hi,

I got the exactly same reply with exactly same wordings. Now I think they have standard reply for all I-485 inquiries. :(

FBI name check

Hi,

I got the same reply after I sent email inquiry regarding my 485 application.

What would guys do next? Will you send email to FBI or just wait?

get_gc04 said:
Hi,

I got the exactly same reply with exactly same wordings. Now I think they have standard reply for all I-485 inquiries. :(