I-140/485 Applied In December 2004

Hi,
I got RFE and replied. I am just wondering will I get a new number related to RFE and how long does it get processed after reply these days?
Thanks

I have replied for my I-140 RFE on 8/9/05 and it is reached USCIS yesterday as per FedEx tracking. Still waiting for the online message to be get updated. Any idea how long it will take once you respond to the RFE for the decision to be made on the case ??

I have replied my RFE for 140/485 on Aug 9 as per Fedex Pacakge reached there on Aug 10.

Any idea how much time it will take to get updated.

hey ram_gc.
Looks like we get same type of RFE and around same time.
let us see what happen now

ram_gc said:
I have replied for my I-140 RFE on 8/9/05 and it is reached USCIS yesterday as per FedEx tracking. Still waiting for the online message to be get updated. Any idea how long it will take once you respond to the RFE for the decision to be made on the case ??

I too have replied my RFE reached CSC as per LUD on 08/05/05, it was replied on 7/29/05.

Pl. keep posting your updates.

Thanks.

gcwait2005 said:
did you get any lud on 485 when u sent an e-mail to them. because i sent a mail yesterday requesting info about 485. i got same reply saying that 'name check pending' . I got LUD on 485 with yesterday's date i.e, 06/16/05. Did you get any LUD like that. Is that LUD because of e-mail enquiry. Do you have any idea? Please share with us.

Thanks,
gcwait2005

Hi,

For my 485 enquiry I received a letter from uscis saying that 485 cannot be processed since my 140 is pending. I had an RFE for 140. I am in EB3 category. Most of the 485 enquiry replies I saw is mentioning name check penidng. I have filed concurrently. Do they first process 140 and then take 485 and send for name check ? or do they take both applications together. There was no LUD after my enquiry.

Also, any idea how long it takes for RFE cases to get a answer (approval or not) for EB3.

Thanks

I-485 Notice Type : Transfer Notice

Hello Guys,

Today I received I-485 Notice Type : Transfer Notice. It reports " Preliminary processing of the above application or petition has been completed, and it has been transferred to the INS office at : Javits Fed. Bldg. 26 federal plaza , Rm. 1-102 Worth St.. Entrance, New York 10278

That office will notify you when they schedule an interview on the application or petition. Any further inquiries will be made to that office. "

What does it mean, does it mean further delay in process? I am working in NY, case was filed from CA, co. is also CA based.

Hi princeknp,

Any update on your I-140 case? Did your online messae changed after responding to I-140 RFE ?

ram_gc, you've mentioned that RFEs were regarding 'birth certificate' and
Emp. letter. I wonder if you had sent these documents at the time you filed?
Thanks.

Hi Ram_gc,

Got LUD with message "On August 5, 2005, we received your response to our request for evidence or information. It is taking between 270 and 300 days for us to process this kind of case. However because preliminary processing was complete, the remaining processing time will be less than the maximum stated in this message. You will receive a written decision on this case"

Yes I had included them when mailed the package. But the same RFE was issued to me as well as for my wife's I-1485 asking Birth certificate and Emp letter. I have replied the RFE with same birth certificate and Emp letter with latest date.

tantan said:
Thanks.

Thanks Tantan. Last date for my I-140 RFE to reach CSC was Aug 11th. As per FedEx tracking, RFE was delivered at CSC on Aug 10th. But no online message update yet. Anybody with the similar experience. I am just curious, am I safe as long as RFE was delivered before the dead line ?

tantan said:
Thanks.

Responded to my I-140 RFE on 9th Aug, delivered at CSC on Aug 10th as per Fedex tracking. Online message updated on Aug 17th saying 'We have recieved the response for .........on Aug17.......". Today there was a LUD again. Keeping my finger crossed and waiting for the decision !!

letgetgc2005 said:
Does anybody get status updated or messaged changed who replied the RFE recently.
Please update

LUD today on 140

No change in message. The last LUD was for my email enquiry a month ago. Hope this time its for approval !

Looks like couple of us here who replied for the I-140 RFE during second week of Aug and waiting for the decision. Please post here for any change in the LUD's or online message etc. Looks like most of us who responded for the RFE had LUD on Aug 19th. We must see some decisions on our cases this week..