I-140/485 Applied In December 2004

That helps

H1BneedGC said:
The processing times are TRUE if your priority date is current......for EB2 applicants, it is what it says...but for retrogressed EB3 applicants who have already filed their 485's before the retrogression started...check your priority dates...if your PD is before March 2002 and if you have filed your 485 before Aug 2004, then they will be working on your case...Else if you are EB3 and your PD is > March 2002, then the processing dates doesn't mean anything. You just have to wait till your PD becomes current.

My feeling is that 485s will be processed in the order they were received if your PD is current meaning ...Say there are 2 applicants 'A' and 'B' who have PDs of Jan 2001 and Jan 2002 respectively (don't care if it is EB2 or EB3 as both are current for this scenario). 'A' filed 485 in March 2004 whereas 'B' filed 485 in Feb 2004...in this case the 485 of 'B' will be processed sooner then that of 'A' (even though 'A' has a PD a year ahead of that of 'B') since both the PD is current for both A and B but B filed his/her 485 before 'A' filed his/her 485.

Hope this helps

Thanks for your reply, my question is now the CA guys are processing cases with PD -March 2002, how does one get to know their progress ?I have my PD - Sep 2002 , Now how will I know that they are picking up cases in my PD time frame ?

Thanks
Sandeep

two finger print notices ?

Some of you have mentioned that you received two fingerprint notices. I received two niotices too. When I wnt there for finger printing, the INS cancelled the first notice and used the second one. I don't think you have to go there again for finger printing.

srdiwakar said:
Thanks for your reply, my question is now the CA guys are processing cases with PD -March 2002, how does one get to know their progress ?I have my PD - Sep 2002 , Now how will I know that they are picking up cases in my PD time frame ?

Thanks
Sandeep

Since your PD is Sept 2002 and you are EB3, you should be looking/waiting to see when your PD (ie. 09/2002) becomes current. Keep checking the following link which gets updated every month (I guess). These dates are straight from the horse's mouth..so they can't be wrong...Check for your category which is "Employment Based 3rd Category".

http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_2111.html

Hope this helps!!!

will_get_there1 said:
Hi All,

Received AP documens on 03/02, still waiting for my EAD approval.
Got email for my EAD approval today, a lag of almost 14 days between my and my wife's EAD approvals.

Cheers

dec3005 said:
Today I received a mail stating that there is an RFE on my AP. My dependents got their AP approved. We also got the EADs approved. Any ideas on what could be the RFE on AP. We did not take digital photos, no did we file electronically.

I-140 RD 12/30/04 (sub labor)
I-485 RD 12/30/04 (sub labor)
Original Labor PD: Jul 2000
EAD (self and dependent): Approved on 3/7/05
FP done: 2/18/05 results received
2nd FP: scheduled on 3/15/05
AP: Approved for dependent but RFE for self

Hi dec3005, have you found out what this RFE is regarding?
I think, I got my AP approved, but my wife's AP has got an RFE. I still havent received it.
Also, whom will this RFE be sent? Will it be sent to the lawyer or me?

Thanks

Second finger print done. LUD, but no messages

I had my first finger print schedule for 3/7. I had second one for 4/7 along with my wife's first one for 4/7.
We went to Machester, NH for our finger prints. The USCIS official did not know why I have got two of them. However, they took both of them but used only the second one.
They collected our biometric details (digital picture, digital signature) along with our finger prints.

After the finger print I was expecting an LUD on our cases. As expected I did see LUDs but the messages had not changed for what they were showing before.

Is this normal? Typically how long does it take to get the finger print results?

Thanks

The message won't change immediately.

In about 10 days or 2 weeks time, you should see the status change for your 485 to something like this:

On xyz date the results of your fingerprint review for your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status were received, and processing has resumed on your case. We will mail you a notice if further action is needed, or when a decision is made.

EAD Approved

I-140/485 EB3 (Labor PD date: 02/02)

Mail Recieved by USCIS (Fedex): Dec 28, 2004

140, 485, EAD: RD 12/28/2005, ND 01/06/2005, PD Blank
AP: Not Applied

FP: ND 01/25/2005, Done 02/03/2005

140 LUD: 01/10/2005 (Reciept)
485 LUD: 01/10/2005 (Reciept) 01/25/2005 (FP Notice) 02/09/2005 (FP Results Recieved)
765 LUD: 01/10/2005 (Reciept) 03/09/2005 (Approved)

gc_nh said:
Hi dec3005, have you found out what this RFE is regarding?
I think, I got my AP approved, but my wife's AP has got an RFE. I still havent received it.
Also, whom will this RFE be sent? Will it be sent to the lawyer or me?

Thanks
Nope, I have not received the RFE document yet. I shall update this forum once I receive it. Please do the same, when you receive your RFE letter.

GC #2:
The following is my case details, I still have no news on my EAD/AP is this bcos my FP is not yet done???

MY FP is scheduled to a date which is a second FP date for most of applicants with my exact 485 RD/ND.

Till now I received only one FP.(scheduled for Mar 15 2005). Is this bcos for my prev GC#1 I did a FP in April 2004(this case is currently under Appeal).???? ARe they considering this as my first FP????

Please comment.

------------------------------
Primary Applicant: Spouse
Category: As a Physical Therapist (so probably EB3)
140/485/EAD/AP: RD Dec 30 2004
ND Jan 11 2005
FP ND Feb 17th (Schedule for Mar 15 2005)

I dont think you need to be worried .. its just the quirky order in which USCIS picks up applications :)

Our RD is one day after yours (1/3), both FP are done, results have been received and still waiting for EAD and AP.

smile_all said:
GC #2:
The following is my case details, I still have no news on my EAD/AP is this bcos my FP is not yet done???

MY FP is scheduled to a date which is a second FP date for most of applicants with my exact 485 RD/ND.

Till now I received only one FP.(scheduled for Mar 15 2005). Is this bcos for my prev GC#1 I did a FP in April 2004(this case is currently under Appeal).???? ARe they considering this as my first FP????

Please comment.

------------------------------
Primary Applicant: Spouse
Category: As a Physical Therapist (so probably EB3)
140/485/EAD/AP: RD Dec 30 2004
ND Jan 11 2005
FP ND Feb 17th (Schedule for Mar 15 2005)

AP/EAD Approved

EAD Approved

Original LC EB3 PD 2/2002
LC AD 8/2004
140/485
RD 12/22/2004
ND 12/30/2004
FP Done 1/28/2005
AP AD 2/25/2005
EAD AD 3/7/2005
140 LUD 12/30/2004
485 LUD 2/11/2005

Hello
I have a quick question. My AP got approved last week. Where it will come ? it will come directly to me or go to attorney ?

Unluckiest...

You have mentioned that yours is a substitution case, do you know if your I-140 was filed with the original LC or a copy of it. If filed using a copy of LC do you know if USCIS has located the original file.

Mine case is similar to yours but haven't go the EAD and AP approvals yet.

Thanks.

gc_void said:
You have mentioned that yours is a substitution case, do you know if your I-140 was filed with the original LC or a copy of it. If filed using a copy of LC do you know if USCIS has located the original file.

Mine case is similar to yours but haven't go the EAD and AP approvals yet.

Thanks.
I filed 140/485 with sub labor. As the original employee had already got 140 approved (he did not file 485), we did not have original labor. We used a copy of labor.

for us EADs and APs are approved (except my AP which has an RFE). So check with your attorney.

if you have used the lobor which has already I-140 approved . does that effect your case as this labor has already approved I-140.
I just ask for my knowledge.
Please comment about above topic.

letgetgc2005 said:
if you have used the lobor which has already I-140 approved . does that effect your case as this labor has already approved I-140.
I just ask for my knowledge.
Please comment about above topic.

Nope...it shouldn't affect. Only issue is that the new 140 might get delayed as USCIS has to retrieve the original labor from the previously filed/approved I-140 file. The delay can be much longer if the previous applicant had opted for Consular Processing in his/her I-140 (the I-140 file with the original labor would have gone to the original beneficiary's home country consulate).

In such cases where there is a previously approved I-140, the employer has to send in a letter of revocation of the previously filed/approved I-140 and submit the new I-140 for the substituted alien.

Hope this answers your question.