I-140/485 Applied In December 2004

porga said:
New user, what does "LUD" and "RD" mean exactly ?
If RD is receipt date ( guess ), then mine is 8th Dec.
Got FingerPrinting notice on 21st Dec, and fingerprinting done on Jan 6th.

What is LUD ?

First post, please be nice. :)

Expansion for LUD is Last Updated Date.

You can open an account in the following USCIS site

https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/jsps/index.jsp

You can track all your pending applications by providing your receipt numbers. There is a column 'Last Updated' which changes if an officer make changes to your application. Changes could be Finger print notice (FP) issue, FP results received, address change, rfe and APPROVAL etc.

Waiting for receipt

Applied in last week of December 2004.
Waiting for Receipt
Checks not yet deposited by USCIS

Got FP notice fairly quickly

My details

I-140/485 EB3
RD: Dec 16, 2004
AP: ?
EAD: ?
FP: Jan 11, 2004 (tomorrow)
LUD: ?
(Sub) Labor PD date: 02/02

hi ashaavadi

i am also in the same boat. mine were sent on dec 23rd or 24th. i am assuming that they are delivered . i have not yet received any receipts or any other info so for.
BTW which service center you applied in ? mine is in VSC . did they send all of ur applications (140/485/ap/EAD) to one address or each for different addresses???

please post ur updates when you get receipts or any other info that gives an idea where i am at in this painfull GC process.

Thanks
Ravi.

Mine applied on 20th (RD) and lawyer received the receipts in todays mail.

I140/I485 @ CSC EB2 RD 12/20/04.

Waiting for FP notice....

YSRC

Redds777 said:
hi ashaavadi

i am also in the same boat. mine were sent on dec 23rd or 24th. i am assuming that they are delivered . i have not yet received any receipts or any other info so for.
BTW which service center you applied in ? mine is in VSC . did they send all of ur applications (140/485/ap/EAD) to one address or each for different addresses???

please post ur updates when you get receipts or any other info that gives an idea where i am at in this painfull GC process.

Thanks
Ravi.
Lawyer informed me that DHL confirmed the delivery for 30DEC2004.
Mine is California Service Center.

I-140/485 Applied on 22nd December 2004

Hi,

I140/I485/EAD/AP : Concurrent EB3 California Service Center
Used Pre approved Labor : APR1999
Application delivered : 27DEC2004 through FedEX
My Cheque got cleared on 6th Jan
Registered the three WAC numbers got it from behind the cheque through USCIS website. It shows Jan 3rd as the application recieving date. I am confused why it shows as so even though they recieved on 27th Dec.
Lawyer have not gotten the reciept yet
RD : ??
ND : ??

So, I am still not sure what is my RD.

Any tips on these reciept dates will be very helpful...

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
MKICHA,
I also posted my I-485 application on 27th dec'04 and have'nt received anything as yet.I have a substitute labour with PD aug'2001 and I-140 was applied in Jan'04.
This means that receipt date wont be the day when the application reached the USCIS mailbox.
This uncertainty and unpredictable behaviour of INS is really causing lot of confusion.There is no consistency at all in any of the cases.

I have enquired with my friends and he has applied for his wife and son and the reciept dates are shown as different even though they delivered all the application at once.

My lawyer has told me to wait until he gets reciept and then only I can see what I can do to modify the date to 27th instead of 3rd January. I am not sure if we can request or not. But, I am going to try.

mkicha,
If your PD is APR1999 then I think you dont need to worry regarding retrogression deadline of Jan 1st'2005.

I am using a another person's pre approved labor and i guess there is a catch that the pre-approved labor should be mine and not belong to anyone else. I am not sure about that. But, I wish what you say is correct irregardless of labor is mine or others.

"This means that, as of January 1, 2005, anyone who is the beneficiary of a labor certification (or I-140 if a labor certification was not required) in the EB3 category filed on or after January 1, 2002, will not be permitted to file the I-485 or have a consular interview for an immigrant visa until the numbers move beyond this date"

This is what many sites says and so as I am not the beneficiary, my reciept date should be prior to Dec 31 2004.

If I recieve my FP notice soon, then I guess they have counted mine before Dec 2004 or I am screwed even though my application was delivered on 27th Dec.

EB3 CSC Sub labor

My details

PD on labor - 10/02
140/485 - RD- 13th Dec -04
FP notice - 12/28/04
Actual FP on 1/28/05
LUD on 485 - 01/05

Thanks
Sandeep

mkicha,

According to what I have understood, you should not have any problems since your checks have been deposited (were the checks for I485?).
This is because they will be rejecting the I485 applications if the case is received after 1st Jan 2005 and the priority date is >= 1st Jan 2002.

On the positive side, if your receipt date really is 3rd Jan 2005, it may be an indication that they are using the PD for the original labor (and not the RD for I140 filing) in case of sub labor, which is good to know..

Yes. That gives me some hope as I also thought if they don't then they would have not cleared. I sent my personal cheque for 750$ for I140,485 and 765. They cleared the cheque and so I got three WAC numbers.

mkicha,
There is no reason for panic. The Yates memo that was released
during the last week of December,04 clearly instructs all the service centers
to accept and process I140/485 applications received by eob Dec.30, 04
(since Dec.31,04 was a holiday for USCIS). My application was received
on Dec.30 and I am not worried. So there is absolutely no reason for you to
worry. Just relax!!!
But how are you sure that your sub.labor PD has been used?? It has been a million dollar question for so many people in this thread. Was a PD issued on your I140
receipt? Some people have reported that no PD is being issued on their I140 receipts. If that is the case then does any one know when exactly we will
know what PD has been considered (sub LC PD or I140 filing date???).
USCIS is known to goof up with PDs on the FP receipt notices...so I guess
that is not a reliable indicator of PD either. I guess only one of our
attorneys can answer. My attorney keeps saying we'll know about the PD ONLY
after the I140 is approved! That is too long a wait for me!!! Can one of you
please check with your respective attorneys please?? I bet that would alleviate
our anxieties :)

Regards,

As you used the substitute labor for your case, The priority date is based on the your I-140 filing. the priority date is not based on the date the original LC was filed.

ram_gc said:
I am confused about the priority date issued by CSC.
I used a substitute labour (EB3) from Mar 2001 to file my I-140/485. Today I recieved the FP notice and the priority date says Dec 15th , 2004 the date my application was recieved by CSC. I am assuming this is just a mistake by a officer . I am worried now that this will considered as the priority date for my applications throught the process !!

LC filed : 3/2001
LC approved: 4/2004

I-140/485 EB3 (Subst labour)
ND: Dec 15, 2004
RD: Dec 21, 2004
FP (ND): Jan 4, 2005 ( scheduled for Jan 20th)

Guys dont worry about PD at this stage because we just applied in December.
Let us hope they use original PD of sub labor as it happened in most of the cases in the past. Lets try to keep the thread live with any updates from all the individuals posting their info here.

Thanks and Good Luck to everyone.

Thanks guys for all the information. I will update once I talk to my lawyer when he gets the reciept.

mkicha,
Pls do update us when you get the receipt.I am in exactly same situation you are in.The only difference difference is I did'nt pay for my I-485 filing so I cant track what is happening with my application rather than just wait.

Got the reciepts :)-

I140/I485/EAD/AP : Concurrent EB3 California Service Center
Used Pre approved Labor : APR1999
Application delivered : 27DEC2004 through FedEX
My Cheque got cleared on 6th Jan

RD : I-140/I-485/I-765 - 27 December 2004
PD : I-140/I-485/I-765 - 27 December 2004
FP : ??

My lawyer told me that my PD is as above due to me using sub-labor. But, as I sent my application before Dec 31st and so it will be current and will not be affected. This is what he said to me.

Let me get the FP notice and update you guys...