I-131 Question

tributeblinky

Registered Users (C)
Hey everyone,

My lawyer filed for my RTD in late January. USCIS sent a receipt notice to my lawyer on February 2nd. I never received any receipts at my given address. I haven't heard from USCIS since and haven't received my biometrics notice either. I talked to my lawyer's office today and they said that USCIS doesn't always send two receipts (one to representative and one to applicant). I also asked them about biometrics and they said that because I have been fingerprinted recently (about 9 months ago), they might not ask for my biometrics, even with the new biometrics requirements for RTD.

What do you guys think? Should I be worried? I would appreciate any input.

Thanks

Infopass or call Ins. I really doubt that INS will be as logical as to use your FP on file....

Only sending receipts to the applicants' representative is not uncommon.

And it is unlikely in my view that they would have the efficiency to reuse your previous biometrics.

then why is it taking them so long to send me the biometrics notice. it seems like it only takes uscis a few days after the application receipt notice to send the request for biometrics. it has been over 3 weeks now! i tried calling them today but there i sno option to talk to a representative.

Infopass or call Ins. I really doubt that INS will be as logical as to use your FP on file....

They aren't logical! LOL

I personally know a someone who got approved this December for I-485 (took FPs for that in Aug.) and just got sent another set of FP in Feb after she applied for I-131.

Follow-up as something is amiss.

thanks for the replies guys. i finally got through their phone service today and they told me that they haven't sent out the biometrics notice yet and that it can take up to 30 days. their 30 days will be up next tuesday so if i guess i will have to wait until then and cal them back again if i don't receive it by then.

the biometrics notice finally came yesterday after about a month! the weird thing is, they have given me an appointment for biometrics in 2 weeks! so far away! it is weird how for so may people who have also applied for RTD recently, the entire process of applying, doing the biometrics and receiving the RTD takes no longer than 30 days and for some, it takes about a month and a half to just get to the biometrics appointment! does this depend on ur nationality? location? case? or is it just bad luck?!

hey everyone! i finally did my biometrics today! woohoo! they didn't do the entire 10 fingers as they did for my asylum application! apparently there is a 15 months window for that! anyways, my question is, how long does i normally take after this for uscis to process and send out the RTD?

hey everyone! i finally did my biometrics today! woohoo! they didn't do the entire 10 fingers as they did for my asylum application! apparently there is a 15 months window for that! anyways, my question is, how long does i normally take after this for uscis to process and send out the RTD?

Mine took 2 months from sending application to receiving RTD

2 weeks

hey u guys,

uscis finally mailed out my RTD.

"Application Type: I131, APPLICATION FOR USCIS TRAVEL DOCUMENT

Current Status: TRAVEL DOCUMENT MAILED TO APPLICANT

On April 10, 2009, your Travel Document was processed and mailed to the address on record. If you have not received it within 30 days of April 10, 2009, contact our customer service at 1-800-375-5283. If you move while your case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your address."

I sent out my application at the end of January, the receipt day was February 2nd and did the biometrics on March 10th. They mailed out my application on April 10th. So the entire thing took a little over 2 months. I must say, altho I have seen other I-131 cases being processed much faster, this is still pretty good and is 1 month under uscis's current processing time for I-131 application.

I hope they are being as fast with I-485 applications as they are with travel document applications. I am filing in about 4 months and am hoping that things go smoothly!

Thanks for everyone's input!

hey u guys,

uscis finally mailed out my RTD.

"Application Type: I131, APPLICATION FOR USCIS TRAVEL DOCUMENT

Current Status: TRAVEL DOCUMENT MAILED TO APPLICANT

On April 10, 2009, your Travel Document was processed and mailed to the address on record. If you have not received it within 30 days of April 10, 2009, contact our customer service at 1-800-375-5283. If you move while your case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your address."

I sent out my application at the end of January, the receipt day was February 2nd and did the biometrics on March 10th. They mailed out my application on April 10th. So the entire thing took a little over 2 months. I must say, altho I have seen other I-131 cases being processed much faster, this is still pretty good and is 1 month under uscis's current processing time for I-131 application.

I hope they are being as fast with I-485 applications as they are with travel document applications. I am filing in about 4 months and am hoping that things go smoothly!

Thanks for everyone's input!

Congrats and Good Luck
I ll file my I-485 in 4 months also :D

hey guys, i received my RTD today. i just have one question. where is the RTD number located? when someone wanted to apply for visa what is the number to states as the travel document number in the application? is it the book # or is it the file number which is basically the A#? thanks

thank you, well you can find it on the front page with the rest of the information too. i just was not sure if they are using the alien number as the travel document number. i have never heard about a "book#". thats why i was a little confused.

They do mistakenly use the A#, which is understandable, as it's called the File# on the RTD/RP. Either way, it's worked fine.