I-130 for Consular Processing

Hey
raj

Thanks for your response. We really appreciate your time and help...
can we check the case status online at NVC. could you provide some info on this.

-kwel

Hey
Raj..

Thanks for your response. We really appreciate your time and help.
can we check the case status online at NVC.can you provide some info on this

-kwel

Lost Original documents when sent to NVC from Bangladesh

Hello,
I am in a great problem. My wife lives in Bangladesh and her I-130 priority date is on April, 2010. NVC has been told us to send all original documents to them at Portsmouth. My wife sent all original documents through EMS postal service to me in Florida. 12 days has gone but I haven’t her document yet. I think it may be missed. I studied NVC website about losing original documents and what to do. They described there if original documents missed then certified copy will be okay. But I am not clear what they mean by certified copy? Is there anybody in this forum who has any experience about losing original documents and how they convince the NVC.
What I can do now?

Thanking you,

Salim
Florida, USA

Hello,
I am in a great problem. My wife lives in Bangladesh and her I-130 priority date is on April, 2010. NVC has been told us to send all original documents to them at Portsmouth. My wife sent all original documents through EMS postal service to me in Florida. 12 days has gone but I haven’t her document yet. I think it may be missed. I studied NVC website about losing original documents and what to do. They described there if original documents missed then certified copy will be okay. But I am not clear what they mean by certified copy? Is there anybody in this forum who has any experience about losing original documents and how they convince the NVC.
What I can do now?

Thanking you,

Salim
Florida, USA

EMS mail should have a tracking number, have you tried to track the package?
Certified copy = Photocopy of the original, CERTIFIED BY THE SAME AUTHORITY WHO ISSUED THE ORIGINAL. It is not the same as "attested" or "notarized".

Here's what you do - Just go to the agencies who issued the original, and they will issue another "original" BC, MC and PCC in a matter of days. It will probably cost Taka 1000 at the most to get NEW originals.

Help Needed,
My mother in law got her green card through Consular processing and she entered US on green card on Oct1 2009. She still has not got her physical green card. It's past 4 months now. Do someone know where I should be contacting
to get information about the physical green card.

Thanks for your help

Help Needed,
My mother in law got her green card through Consular processing and she entered US on green card on Oct1 2009. She still has not got her physical green card. It's past 4 months now. Do someone know where I should be contacting
to get information about the physical green card.

Thanks for your help

For clarification, your mother-in-law DID NOT get a green card, nor did she enter USA on a green card. What your mother was given is an "immigrant visa" and that's what she used to fly to USA.
You need to contact USCIS. 1-800-375-5283

Last edited by a moderator:
Original Doc Lost while sending USA though EMS post.

EMS mail should have a tracking number, have you tried to track the package?
Certified copy = Photocopy of the original, CERTIFIED BY THE SAME AUTHORITY WHO ISSUED THE ORIGINAL. It is not the same as "attested" or "notarized".

Here's what you do - Just go to the agencies who issued the original, and they will issue another "original" BC, MC and PCC in a matter of days. It will probably cost Taka 1000 at the most to get NEW originals.
Thank you very much for your sugession. I have my EMS tacking and everytime I try to track it it says "--- Dispatched to USA". I called United State Postal Service about my mail they can track it or not. They reply they can track the overseas mail to USA that contains tracking no. and specially they can for EMS postal. Generally USA postal tracking contain 20 digit but EMS has 13 digit worldwide. Are they sure they can track the EMS postal? Actually how long it takes to receive EMS postal to USA from Bangldesh?
Waiting for reponse.

Thanks.

Upgrade I-130 Petition

Hi,

Just wanted to see if there is anyone else who just recently sent the request for upgrade and waiting for I-130 approval or have recently received approval. Just want to see how long I have to wait... Thanks for your response

For clarification, your mother-in-law DID NOT get a green card, nor did she enter USA on a green card. What your mother was given is an "immigrant visa" and that's what she used to fly to USA.
You need to contact USCIS. 1-800-375-5283

Thanks. You are right she entered on immigrant visa. but after the visa gets stamped it becomes a green card which is valid for a year. I will contact USCIS on the number you gave. Thanks a bunch!

One more question guyzz...
How frequent does the queue move on for priority date (current date)

as in for F3 category for india it is 22 may 2001 right now...how long it ll take to come at 28 jan 2002 (thats my priority date)
i saw last month was also same date...

if anyone can give me idea when my priority date will become current ..so that i can count my age accordingly and will be able to know exactly...
my priority date is 28 jan 2002

Thanks a ton again..

PS : I saw on visa bulletin its 22 may since 3 months...and i saw march visa bulletin on NVC site too...it still says 22 may 2001.....so its taking long time to change ....is there any particular pattern or timeframe how often does it change...

I filed I-130 for my parents in October, 2009. It was received by USCIS with a notice date of October 28, 2009 but no Priority date. Since then I haven't received anything from USCIS and the online case status shows "Initial Review". Is it normal? How long does it usually take to move to the next step and what the next step is?

I filed I-130 for my parents in October, 2009. It was received by USCIS with a notice date of October 28, 2009 but no Priority date. Since then I haven't received anything from USCIS and the online case status shows "Initial Review". Is it normal? How long does it usually take to move to the next step and what the next step is?
You are USC or LPR it does not matter USCIS receipt notice never contain any priority date. They assign priority date when they approve it, you will find your priority date on approval notice. And the approving time depends on you are USC or LPR. If you are USC it may be teke 3/4 months to approve otherwise 4/5 years pls. see visa bulletine on www.travel.state.gov. The next step for your USCIS is to approve the petition and send it to NVC. After than NVC will do their job and they are very fast.

Thanks.
Salim

I am a USC. I have updated my Signature.
I thought it is taking more than normal time required for approval. In that case the time mentioned on USCIS site is 5 months. Is that the time for approval or completion of overall process?

A Question about AOS

On this forum I have read many people going through AOS processing for their parents. I am also thinking of doing the same for my parents, however the question I have is as follows.

When my parents come to US on visitor visa they demonstrate their intention to enter US is only for tourism. However then they apply for AOS with the intention of staying here forever. Wouldn't it be conflicting the original intent?

I will greatly appreciate any thoughts on this.

Thanks
GCForParent

Yeah, well I filed for my mom back in Sept 2009 with the same status as of today that you have "Initial Review". So I guess it's now taking more that 6 months?

Last edited by a moderator:
No. You can call and check the AVR for updates at NVC.

Hey
raj

Thanks for your response. We really appreciate your time and help...
can we check the case status online at NVC. could you provide some info on this.

-kwel

b0nd, Yes it is normal. I have seen few I-130 approvals that was filed at the end of Sept 2009. Good Luck with your process. Thanks, Raj

You can follow the below site for I-130 progress.....

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=186733&st=1965

Hi Friends,

one quick question.

it is asked to summit two 2in x 2in color photographs with DS230.
my question is do i need to staple both photographs on one side of the form or
i have to glue/staple one photo graph at some specified space on DS230 and staple the second one on side of the form.

( i did'nt find any 2in X 2in photo size block to paste the photograph or any instructions like " Paste your photo here")

there is blank block printed on page 1 of DS230 top left corner.. do i need to paste one photo here ?

kindly clear my confusion.

Regards/Ajay