I-130 for Consular Processing

I would like to know if the LPR sponsor to be (the petitioner of I-130) applied for benefits such as food stamp , child care, will it affect the spouse's I-130 application approval or denial or GC?

Thanks

Bubble12, what kind of documents did they ask you to submit again....

Good Luck! Thanks, Raj

My spouse had immigrant visa interview in India and after the interview the officer handed a white form under section 221g for additional documents. Additional documents were submitted to the consulate 5 days ago along with the passport. So far we have not heard anything from the consulate. Our passport is not returned. Question is how long does it take for them to review the additional documents. What is timeline for them review? Do they review the entire file all over again or they just review the additional documents. How long before we can get back the passport along with the visa.

After emailing the DS3230 form received the following email reply

" The NVC has updated the address.
The Immigrant Visa Application (DS 230) processing fee bill will be sent to the designated agent on the case. The fee must be paid according to the instructions before the instruction packet will be sent. "

Paid the AOS fee of 70$ and sending the AOS Package.

when checked the online payment site its showing IV fee of 400$ is available for selection/payment. Should i go ahead and pay this fee also or wait for another notification/email from NVC ?

Thanx/Ajays

Last edited by a moderator:
No response yet

I filed I130 for my mother NOA is 10/1/2009. I have not heard anything from yet. Its been already more than 2 months. no updates on USCIS. I thought of calling them. Do we have any contact number to go to immigration officer directly to know about the actual case status rather than getting generic message.
:confused:

DO NOT PAY UNTIL YOU RECEIVE IV FEE BILL EMAIL. You should get IV Fee Bill Email in couple of days once your DS-3032 is accepted.

Good Luck! Thanks, Raj

After emailing the DS3230 form received the following email reply

" The NVC has updated the address.
The Immigrant Visa Application (DS 230) processing fee bill will be sent to the designated agent on the case. The fee must be paid according to the instructions before the instruction packet will be sent. "

Paid the AOS fee of 70$ and sending the AOS Package.

when checked the online payment site its showing IV fee of 400$ is available for selection/payment. Should i go ahead and pay this fee also or wait for another notification/email from NVC ?

Thanx/Ajays

It is taking a little longer than it used to probably because of holidays. I ready few posts and they filed in Sept'09. You can call the USCIS number and you ask them to be transferred to an IO but they will be able to tell you exactly what you see on online status.

Good Luck! Thanks, Raj

I filed I130 for my mother NOA is 10/1/2009. I have not heard anything from yet. Its been already more than 2 months. no updates on USCIS. I thought of calling them. Do we have any contact number to go to immigration officer directly to know about the actual case status rather than getting generic message.
:confused:

Please help!

Since the I-130 has already been approved and you are only waiting for NVC and consular to schedule interview, I would rather stick into this process and try to contact congressmen and senators to help with accelerating the case.

Don't put yourself and your parents in a bad and risky situation.

Hope this helps.

I am very new here and please help!

My father is a permenant Resident status. Back in 2001 he filed I 130 for my Sister who is still in Vietnam. The stage of the petition is that he already paid for Visa processing in 2009. At the time he filed the I 130 form. My sister is under 21 and single. However, she get married and has kid. So obviously, she is disqualify to be sponsored because she is not single anymore. Does my father need to notify USCIS about change in my sister's status or the USCIS will find out and abandon the petition? Because my sister is now married, I, as a US Citizen, filed I 130 for brother and sister in 2006 and now just got approved in 2010 and transferred to Visa Proccessing Center.

My question is:

1. Does my father need to cancel his petition since it will be invalid because of my sister's marrage?
2. Is there any interfere between his petition and my petition or they can be both pending?
3.How long more will it take for I 130 for sister and brother since approval and Visa processing?

Thanks alot for your time and help.

EZ

Hi Raj456:

First of all, I cannot tell you how much we appreciate your hard work and dedication
in sharing us with so much valuable information. You truly deserve a recognition.

I will soon start the I-130 CP for my wife in Malaysia. I have one question regarding
the translation of foreign documents.

This is the translation instruction:
" The translation must include a statement signed by the translator that states that the:
Translation is accurate, and
Translator is competent to translate. "

Now, on my wife's birth certificate translation was stamped with the following languages:

"Translated / Corrected & Certified by me.
(Signature)
Name
Certificated Interpreter
High Court
Kuala Lumpur"

So Raj, in your expert opinion, do you think this stamp is good enough
to meet the translation's requirements stated above ?

Thank you so much for your help,

Sincerely,
Jwong2010

Green card for spouse

I recently became a US citizen and applied for I 130 consular processing for my spouse.(i applied when i was permanent resident and got it upgraded).
I saw from earlier posts it seems everything can be done online.
How can i register to do things online as i travel a lot on my job and it would be very easy from me to do things online.
Appreciate the kind of information is posted here which clarifies most of the doubts

Thanks for the Help

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, that will work based on the posts that i read earlier in regards to translations. Good Luck!

Thanks, Raj

Hi Raj456:

First of all, I cannot tell you how much we appreciate your hard work and dedication
in sharing us with so much valuable information. You truly deserve a recognition.

I will soon start the I-130 CP for my wife in Malaysia. I have one question regarding
the translation of foreign documents.

This is the translation instruction:
" The translation must include a statement signed by the translator that states that the:
Translation is accurate, and
Translator is competent to translate. "

Now, on my wife's birth certificate translation was stamped with the following languages:

"Translated / Corrected & Certified by me.
(Signature)
Name
Certificated Interpreter
High Court
Kuala Lumpur"

So Raj, in your expert opinion, do you think this stamp is good enough
to meet the translation's requirements stated above ?

Thank you so much for your help,

Sincerely,
Jwong2010

You can register your case online on uscis.gov and here is the link...

https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/Dashboard/CaseStatus.do

Once I-130 is approved then your case is forwarded to NVC for further processing and once the case number is assigned at NVC then you can register your email(petitioner) and beneficiary email and the communication is through email from NVC and the process will be faster...Hope this helps....I posted on this thread how the process works at NVC......

Here is the link for the detailed info..i posted...

http://forums.immigration.com/showthread.php?287605-I-130-for-Consular-Processing/page35

Good Luck! Thanks, Raj

I recently became a US citizen and applied for I 130 consular processing for my spouse.(i applied when i was permanent resident and got it upgraded).
I saw from earlier posts it seems everything can be done online.
How can i register to do things online as i travel a lot on my job and it would be very easy from me to do things online.
Appreciate the kind of information is posted here which clarifies most of the doubts

Thanks for the Help

DS230 blank fields ?

i have read somewhere in this thread that RFE is generated for leaving fields blank in DS230

Q1 : is it mandatory to fill all the fields. i.e. like i don't have middle name , can i leave the field blank or i have to put " N/A" of something like that here?

Q2: i don't have my mother's date of birth documented anywhere. more over she is not with us now ( expired in 2000)
can i fill " not known " in the field " mother's DOB" in DS230 ?

i did mentioned " not known " when i filled G325A.

Thanks/Ajay

You can put N/A or None on the fields instead of leaving them blank. Hope this helps. Good Luck! Thanks, Raj

i have read somewhere in this thread that RFE is generated for leaving fields blank in DS230

Q1 : is it mandatory to fill all the fields. i.e. like i don't have middle name , can i leave the field blank or i have to put " N/A" of something like that here?

Q2: i don't have my mother's date of birth documented anywhere. more over she is not with us now ( expired in 2000)
can i fill " not known " in the field " mother's DOB" in DS230 ?

i did mentioned " not known " when i filled G325A.

Thanks/Ajay

Hi Raj,

I tried to use the keyword "Translation" and searched for the posts that you mentioned
you saw them earlier, but I just can't find them.

Would you please be kind enough to point me to the posts ? I'm anxious to see what
was the situation.

Thanks a lot for your quick reply.

Best regards,
Jwong2010

Oh Raj, many many congratulations on your parents' success at the interview.

I can recall how exciting it is to collect the passport with the last ever US visa
you ever needed. And then the bulky yellow package too.

BTW, is it still a yellow package these days ?

Thanks so much, Raj.