I-130 for Consular Processing

is there any way to know they accepted DS3032 by email? or wait is the only option.

Once the DS3032 is accepted, sometimes you get an email confirmation - but it's really random. But, once the DS3032 is accepted, you will get the IV fee bill in the email within days.

She is finally coming as an immigrant to Los Angeles next month.

I wish all of you patiently waiting the best!

Hi Sirch! Sorry to hear about the delay, I am happy you mom got a visa! Congratulations! :)

and thank you for sharing your experience (for my N400 too :) ), I will try to schedule my mom's medical as early as possible.

Hi Sirch, congratulation !!!

I have got a question regarding NBI...Does this apply only to Manila cases or to everyone..
My Dad hs used another name (I am not from Manila....)...so I am confused....din't hear about this type of clearance before...:confused:

Hello everyone, I live in Michigan and will be filing I-130 for a relative, will my service center be NSC like I think. Havent seen anyone use it here, or maybe VSC

Congratulations VisaNutz!!!!!!!!!

Ha ha Feliz, I can see it in action already, 1 in the morning, you're in the forum. Well, I am guilty of the same thing.

Now an update: AVR message changed to "Case Completed on 10/16" this morning.

Hello everyone, I've a question regarding police certificate. My soon to be spouse hasnt lived in his country of nationality for 2yrs, and got a police certificate that covered his entire time there. He obtained that in june 2008.
He hasnt lived there since jan 2008
I'm just starting the process and figure that the part for police certificate will be sent in around jan/feb, so its safe to assume that he wont need to get another for his home country, and should just worry about the one for the country he has lived in for past 2 yrs.

Thanks so much

Not yet. I will post as soon as i have any updates and please you do the same too....

sure I will, but i am little behind then you my I 864 delivered today only so 1 week behind then you. and I see for you IV bills is generated but you waiting for email. I am waiting for email about DS3032 as well.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
My situation:

My mother is an illegal alien. She has been in this country since 2000. Her job just found out that she was illegal so they forced her to resign.
I'm just finished the biometric part of the naturalization process (I-485). I did the biometrics back in Sept. in NYC. I don't anticipate any problems getting naturalized but will like to know the best way to file for my mother.

I know I need the I-130 but how will it work since she's already here (illegally) and also what kind of time frames should I be expecting. Let's assume that I get naturalized by Dec. 2009 and file the I-130 for my mother in Dec. Thank you

Apply for her immediately after you get naturalized - I mean, have all the papers ready, take it to your oath, once you get your naturalization certificate, make a copy of it and include it (the copy) in your mom's I-130 paperwork and mail it.

And in the mean time she must not leave USA by all means.

Of course all these are invalid if she had come to USA without inspection.

congratulations!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! im petitioning my hubby in manila too.... how much did you pay for the medical in st. luke's? thanks!!!!!

My mother's chest X-ray on 7/21/09 showed fibrosis which required her to have AFB sputum tests x 3 consecutive days and 8 weeks of sputum culture. She was supposed to have her interview at the US embassy in Manila on 8/11/09 but it had to be postponed because of the above problem.

On 9/30/09, a call to St. Luke's Medical Center Extension Clinic revealed her sputum culture was negative for TB. She went to St. Luke's on 10/7/09 and received three vaccination shots that day. She was also given a slip with an appointment for 10/9/09 Friday at the US embassy.

During her interview, the consular officer requested an additional NBI (National Bureau of Investigation) clearance for her aliases. (If an applicant has other names, it is important to obtain clearance for all names used. This was my fault because I did not read the instructions carefully.) Luckily, NBI Manila issues same day rushed clearance for an extra fee. She turned in the NBI clearance along with her passport on 10/13/09 to the embassy. She was told by the receiving personnel that she could go home. She was not instructed to pay for the courier service and that worried me. I've read one too many horror stories of months of delay for decisions at the US embassy in Manila.

Immigration can really play games with our brain. After three long days of worrying and more worrying, I was pleasantly surprised to learn that she received her passport with the IV visa stamp and the sealed envelope last Friday afternoon.

She is finally coming as an immigrant to Los Angeles next month.

I wish all of you patiently waiting the best!

yahooo - my login failed!!

I was afraid they will ask for original of my dad's death certificate, but i guess copy is ok!

Hi Sirch, congratulation !!!

I have got a question regarding NBI...Does this apply only to Manila cases or to everyone..
My Dad hs used another name (I am not from Manila....)...so I am confused....din't hear about this type of clearance before...:confused:

Hi sank72,

Thanks!

Each US embassy has a country specific set of instructions. If you go to travel.state.gov, you can find those instructions applicable to your country. NBI clearance is the mother of all police certificates in the Philippines. NBI in the Philippines is similar to FBI in the USA.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! im petitioning my hubby in manila too.... how much did you pay for the medical in st. luke's? thanks!!!!!

Thanks!

My mom paid around PHP10,000. They only take payment in Philippine peso. You will find the exact amount on travel.state.gov.

Hi Sirch! Sorry to hear about the delay, I am happy you mom got a visa! Congratulations! :)

and thank you for sharing your experience (for my N400 too :) ), I will try to schedule my mom's medical as early as possible.

Thanks! And you are most welcome. Best of luck to you!

Recevied IV Fee Bill Emails last night and paid $400 for each parent and will be waiting for the status to change to "PAID" and then i can print the cover sheet and send the DS-230 documents.

Thanks,
Raj

Apply for her immediately after you get naturalized - I mean, have all the papers ready, take it to your oath, once you get your naturalization certificate, make a copy of it and include it (the copy) in your mom's I-130 paperwork and mail it.

And in the mean time she must not leave USA by all means.

Of course all these are invalid if she had come to USA without inspection.

What do you mean without inspection? She came into the county on a visiting visa and has since overstayed her visa. She's been here since 2000

What do you mean without inspection? She came into the county on a visiting visa and has since overstayed her visa. She's been here since 2000

In which case she is fine, without inspection means she came across border illegally. Yes you should immediately file the adjustment of status as soon as you naturalize. She shouldnt attempt to leave the country. It should work out ok, once you turn in the forms, she will have a legal status (pending adjustment of status).