I-130 for Consular Processing

CP - Applied for Parents.

I was going through the DS-230 form and have questions

Q.30: I will list the places that my parents lived from the age 16, but do i need to get Police Clearance Certificate from each of these places ( one place is a small village in India..i dont how if they police station in that village, other two place are small towns..they have police stations..but not sure if they give now...i asked my Dad to find out....please let me know ).

From the last 30 years or so living in the same city and got the Police Clearance Certificate from this city - Hyderabad.

Also they were here in USA for 4 times and in the last two visits they stayed little less than 6 months and before that they stayed for 13 months (applied extension..not out of status)...do i need to get Police Certificate from the Cities they stayed during their trip to USA. Please let me know.

Q.35. Lists the visits to US. I will list them the last 3 visits and also it has A # ( they wont have this number right ?)

Thanks in advance, Raj.

Thanks and Congrats to you on the approvals for your mother and wife. I still didnt go that far but i will look go through the form and will check in the forum for these and also i would like you check this site if anyone has posted the details for such questions.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=186733&st=585&gopid=3338198&#entry3338198

Hi raj & anyone who has similar case, (PLEASE HELP!!!)

You are petitioning both your parents right? Please assist me on how should I fill up the I-864 since I am also petitioning my 2 relatives (wife and mother).

For an instance:

Filling up I-864 form for your mother:

Part 5. Sponsor's household size.

21 Your household size - DO NOT COUNT ANYONE TWICE

Persons you are sponsoring in this affidavit

a. Enter the number you entered on line 10 --> 1

Persons NOT sponsored in this affidavit:

b. Yourself --> 1
c. If you are currently married, enter 1
d. If you have dependent children, enter the number here.
e. If you have any other dependents, enter the number here.
f. If you have sponsored any other persons on an I-864 or I-864EZ who are now lawful permanent residents, enter the number here.
g. OPTIONAL: If you have siblings, parents, or adult children with the same principal residence who are combining their income with yours by submitting Form I-864A, enter the number here.

IF you are filling this form for your mother, where will you add your father to count on this household?

He might fall on letter f but the phrase "who are NOW lawful permanent residents, enter the number here." confuses me.

Both beneficiaries are NOT YET a Lawful Permanent Resident since their petition are still on process.

Please advise on the household shoud be count.

Thanks a lot. Your response is very much appreciated!

Hi raj & anyone who has similar case, (PLEASE HELP!!!)

You are petitioning both your parents right? Please assist me on how should I fill up the I-864 since I am also petitioning my 2 relatives (wife and mother).

For an instance:

Filling up I-864 form for your mother:

Part 5. Sponsor's household size.

21 Your household size - DO NOT COUNT ANYONE TWICE

Persons you are sponsoring in this affidavit

a. Enter the number you entered on line 10 --> 1

Persons NOT sponsored in this affidavit:

b. Yourself --> 1
c. If you are currently married, enter 1
d. If you have dependent children, enter the number here.
e. If you have any other dependents, enter the number here.
f. If you have sponsored any other persons on an I-864 or I-864EZ who are now lawful permanent residents, enter the number here.
g. OPTIONAL: If you have siblings, parents, or adult children with the same principal residence who are combining their income with yours by submitting Form I-864A, enter the number here.

IF you are filling this form for your mother, where will you add your father to count on this household?

He might fall on letter f but the phrase "who are NOW lawful permanent residents, enter the number here." confuses me.

Both beneficiaries are NOT YET a Lawful Permanent Resident since their petition are still on process.

Please advise on the household shoud be count.

Thanks a lot. Your response is very much appreciated!

Musashi
I checked on this when I applied for both my parents. For this question, you may just assume you are applying for 1 person at a time

Aug 20th Case Approve ...

Hi,

My parents case (RD Augn 20th) approved o Sept 17th

How much time it takes for NVC case # to be assigned, checking daily....but anyone has any idea..within how many days case may be assigned....

In the meanwhile I am getting all the papers (parents BC affidavits, police certificate etc)...

Hi,

My parents case (RD Augn 20th) approved o Sept 17th

How much time it takes for NVC case # to be assigned, checking daily....but anyone has any idea..within how many days case may be assigned....

In the meanwhile I am getting all the papers (parents BC affidavits, police certificate etc)...

7-14 days.

I just read people's signature timelines on the VJ forum, and some complaints too, in beginning of September it took about 2-2.5 weeks between sending e-mail and the acceptance/IV bill issued, but it doesn't bother me, cuz the Affidavit will be processed all that time anyway.

Feliz - the IV Fee Bill became available to be paid this morning at the same site I paid AOS fee. NVC automated message says they got the DS3032 yesterday.

Any change in your case?

Thanks Popeysailor. Just to double check :D

Musashi
I checked on this when I applied for both my parents. For this question, you may just assume you are applying for 1 person at a time

Hi Popeye, your input is very much appreciated.

Just to double check, the total no. of household that you put for each I-864 is only 2?

For an instance:

I-864 for your mother: You and your mother (did not count your father so total is only 2)
I-864 for your father: You and your father (did not count your mother so total is only 2)

Sorry for so many questions, just wanna make sure that I am doing the right.

I just got confuse that somebody advised me that I should count 3, but dont know where to count the person on each category that they had given.

Again, thank you so much!

Hi Raj,

Thanks for the thread that you paste. I know now what to do... :D
The thread answers all my question.

Hi Popeye,

Thanks for answering my question. :D

Thanks again! :D

Hi Popeye, your input is very much appreciated.

Just to double check, the total no. of household that you put for each I-864 is only 2?

For an instance:

I-864 for your mother: You and your mother (did not count your father so total is only 2)
I-864 for your father: You and your father (did not count your mother so total is only 2)

Sorry for so many questions, just wanna make sure that I am doing the right.

I just got confuse that somebody advised me that I should count 3, but dont know where to count the person on each category that they had given.

Again, thank you so much!

I see that you probably figured out the answers for your I-864 questions.
But just in case this helps - you are said to be legally "sponsoring" a person only when that person becomes a permanent resident. That's why the form asks about the number of people you sponsored who are now legal permanent residents.

Feliz - the IV Fee Bill became available to be paid this morning at the same site I paid AOS fee. NVC automated message says they got the DS3032 yesterday.

Any change in your case?

my i864 was delivered this morning,

thanks for keeping me posted about IV bill! I checked the web invoice page - it's still "not issued", I emailed 3032 on September 17, but didn't send the paper one :( I read that you sent both? but I guess I will just wait till they accept the email one.

so in conclusion - i guess paper 3032 takes 1 week, email 3032 - about 2 weeks

Last edited by a moderator:
Feliz... I just wanted to bring something to your attention...
I know we try to speed things up every way possible - but there's probably something called too soon. I am worried I might have to learn that the hard way.

I was checking the Visa fee site regularly for the IV Fee bill to become available for payment. Just like yours, it showed "Not Invoiced" for a while. Yesterday morning, I checked and it was "Not Paid", and allowed me to select it for payment processing. I did it right away and it gave me transaction number/ emailed receipt etc. Throughout yesterday and today it was saying "Processing". Money was taken out of my account today ($400).

However, this evening I got an email from NVC which was the "IV Fee Bill Invoice", just like the AOS fee invoice email. I told myself "Oh I already paid it". I went to the fee site, and to my surprise, on the "Invoice" tab, the IV Fee's status was changed to "Not Paid" and it was selectable for payment processing again. I was like WTH? Thankfully, on the "Receipts" tab, it still shows that there is a pending IV Fee Bill payment with status "Processing".

I just hope that by the time the payment is marked "Paid", the records get updated and it shows that the IV Fee has been paid. If not, I will call NVC.

So, there you go - DO NOT PAY BEFORE YOU GET THE INVOICE EMAIL, EVEN IF THE VISA FEE SITE ALLOWS YOU TO PAY. I just got the email the next day, so wait out and save yourself from more headaches.

So, there you go - DO NOT PAY BEFORE YOU GET THE INVOICE EMAIL, EVEN IF THE VISA FEE SITE ALLOWS YOU TO PAY. I just got the email the next day, so wait out and save yourself from more headaches.

Thank you so much for the warning! I would definitely do the same thing :rolleyes:, so it's very useful info.

But it shouldn't be a major issue or delay with your case, did you check with your bank if the payment is pending? Besides you used ur invoice ID number so it should be applied correctly. Please keep us posted!

Thank you so much for the warning! I would definitely do the same thing :rolleyes:, so it's very useful info.

But it shouldn't be a major issue or delay with your case, did you check with your bank if the payment is pending? Besides you used ur invoice ID number so it should be applied correctly. Please keep us posted!

Feliz.. money was taken out yesterday (posted, not pending anymore). However, it is still marked "NOT PAID" on the visa fee payment site, and on the "Receipt", there is a transaction marked "IN PROCESS". I highly doubt this will be changed to "PAID" without manual intervention.

I called NVC today, they asked me to email the bank statement to them and they will change the status. However, they don't know how soon it will be done. Given the slowdown in the email communication - I think I lost about 2 weeks to save 1 day (although I didn't know!).

Glad I was able to warn you beforehand.

I'm trying to put documentation together for mothe's case, like Police C.C, and etc. Is anyone know if I have to send to NVC original Police C.C or copy? Thanks

Feliz.. money was taken out yesterday (posted, not pending anymore). However, it is still marked "NOT PAID" on the visa fee payment site, and on the "Receipt", there is a transaction marked "IN PROCESS". I highly doubt this will be changed to "PAID" without manual intervention.

I called NVC today, they asked me to email the bank statement to them and they will change the status. However, they don't know how soon it will be done. Given the slowdown in the email communication - I think I lost about 2 weeks to save 1 day (although I didn't know!).

Glad I was able to warn you beforehand.

Thankfully, with or without manual correction by NVC, my payment status changed to "PAID" and now I can view/print the cover letter.

If I were to do it again, I would definitely wait for the IV Fee bill to be emailed before initiating payment. The extra "NOT PAID" invoice for IV processing fee really scared the crap out of me.

Fax DS-3032

Hi,

I agree with Feliz that the email procedure of NVC is slowing down. On my case, they said they had emailed our DS-3032 and AOS bill last Sept 21, but we only received it last Sept 25.

I read on some posts before that we can also fax the DS-3032. Would you know if they still accept fax copy? My wife planned to email and fax it.

Thank you so much!

? need your assistance please

I just called the NVC number and i was received my nvc number already. what's the next thing that i should do now? can you help please.thanks!

Andrea,
Did you give them your and beneficiary's email addresses? If yes, just wait for them to email you AOS fee bill and DS-3032 form. It might take a week or two.

thanks visanutz!

i need to call them and give them my email and hubby's email? im sorry im not that familiar with the process.....and how much is the AOS fee? is that $70 one? thanks and im sorry for my stupid questions.

Andrea,
Did you give them your and beneficiary's email addresses? If yes, just wait for them to email you AOS fee bill and DS-3032 form. It might take a week or two.