I-130 for Consular Processing

Nvc-ds230

I have just received the email for IV fee for $400. I have just paid. I believe that I will get the DS230 packege by mail. But, what documents will be needed with this packeage?? Please advise.

For: Mother
I-130 sent: 12/28/08
I-797C notice received: 01/05/09
Case approved by USCIS: 02/25/09
DS3032 package received: 03/09/2009
Return form DS3032: 03/16/09
I-864 sent: 03/18/09
IV Fee Bill by email : 03/28/09
IV form and instruction package received:
DS230 and civil docs sent:
Case completed by NVC:
Medical Exam:
Interview:
Visa Received:[/QUOTE]

Ok, I know I need to pay a total of $70 for both my parents. When I send the payment by mail, I have an option to just include one cashier's check of $70 with both invoices. But when paying online, it seems as if there isn't an option to enter two case numbers (for both Mom and Dad). Why is that?

Seems that I have to send by mail if I want to save $70. PLEASE CONFIRM

i believe you have to pay $70 for each application. $70 for your mom and $70 for your dad.

I-130 Help Needed

Hi,

I am filing for my Wife's green card application. Wanted to know what all forms do I need to send along with I-130 and G-325A. I will be applying for consular processing. I beleive I do not need to send in I-485 correct?

Also, wanted to know what the timelines are for the CP. My wife is in Canada.

I have just received the email for IV fee for $400. I have just paid. I believe that I will get the DS230 packege by mail. But, what documents will be needed with this packeage?? Please advise.

For: Mother
I-130 sent: 12/28/08
I-797C notice received: 01/05/09
Case approved by USCIS: 02/25/09
DS3032 package received: 03/09/2009
Return form DS3032: 03/16/09
I-864 sent: 03/18/09
IV Fee Bill by email : 03/28/09
IV form and instruction package received:
DS230 and civil docs sent:
Case completed by NVC:
Medical Exam:
Interview:
Visa Received:
[/QUOTE]

NO you have to download it from the internet, after you get the status of PAID in their website, then it will direct you to the instructions site, it tells you what docs to put with it etc. Also if you read the beginning of this thread, fbanna79 made a list of them.

The following things need to be arranged
1] original police certificate from passport office
2] original police certificate from local police station where your parent currently stays
3] original birth certificate. If original birth certificate is not available then you need to try to get one, if that is not possible then try to get 2 original affidavits from relatives mentioning their knowledge of birth of your mother. Along with these you also need to provide a non availability of birth certificate from local muncipal office mentioning that earlier on in bygone days it was not required to register births hence there is no birht certificate available but then as per recent records the birth of your mother was on xyz date. Without the NABC the INS will definitely send in a RFE.
4] original marriage certificate of parents , follow the format mentioned on step 3 above.
5] Petitioners original marriage certificate.
6] Petitioners original birth certificate.
7] DS230 form filled out completely. Make sure that question number 20 is filled out completedly especially the from and to dates as many people have received an RFE for that question.
Remember that all originals need to be sent to the INS along with the copies of whatever documents you are currently sending.

Thanks you so mcuh poula81 and alakananda. I really appreciate your advise. Since I have already paid the fee on saturday, I will check the website tomorrow. thanks again.

The following things need to be arranged
1] original police certificate from passport office
2] original police certificate from local police station where your parent currently stays
3] original birth certificate. If original birth certificate is not available then you need to try to get one, if that is not possible then try to get 2 original affidavits from relatives mentioning their knowledge of birth of your mother. Along with these you also need to provide a non availability of birth certificate from local muncipal office mentioning that earlier on in bygone days it was not required to register births hence there is no birht certificate available but then as per recent records the birth of your mother was on xyz date. Without the NABC the INS will definitely send in a RFE.
4] original marriage certificate of parents , follow the format mentioned on step 3 above.
5] Petitioners original marriage certificate.
6] Petitioners original birth certificate.
7] DS230 form filled out completely. Make sure that question number 20 is filled out completedly especially the from and to dates as many people have received an RFE for that question.
Remember that all originals need to be sent to the INS along with the copies of whatever documents you are currently sending.

Hi alakananda,

I have my I-130 approved and waiting for DS3032, Can I get ask my parents to get police certificate ready ? Or is this to be started at certain stage ?

Thanks,
Ras.

Wait until you have done the affidavit at least, those certificates expire fast, some in a couple of months, don't do it just yet!

Last edited by a moderator:
i believe you have to pay $70 for each application. $70 for your mom and $70 for your dad.

Are you sure about that? There is a note on the Fee Bill Invoice that says the following:

If you are a U.S citizen with several petitions processing at the National Visa Center concurrently, you only need to submit one $70.00 fee (Please mail all invoices in one return envelope with one check on top.)

Can someone please answer my original question thoguh?

Are you sure about that? There is a note on the Fee Bill Invoice that says the following:

If you are a U.S citizen with several petitions processing at the National Visa Center concurrently, you only need to submit one $70.00 fee (Please mail all invoices in one return envelope with one check on top.)

Can someone please answer my original question thoguh?

I also thought it was one fee per application. So $70.00 per applicant. You should call NVC and ask them directly this question (1-603-334-0700)

petition approved

Hi to every body in this threat.
my husband applied for my GC on august and after 7 m we got a letter that told us our case has been approved and it was sent to NVC for further concular processing as i am currently in my home country and the will send me to say what conculat should i go for interview.
i am very worried about the time it would take because i think our case is already is out of processing time .any information about processing time would be appreciated.:confused:

rasmm- If your I130 process is approved then get both the police certificates - 1 from the local police and 2nd from the passport office.

Asif2000 - there is only one fee of $70 for the application. If 2 people are applying at the same time there will be only one $70/- that needs to be paid

I also thought it was one fee per application. So $70.00 per applicant. You should call NVC and ask them directly this question (1-603-334-0700)

I did call them and they confirmed that I only need to pay for one case. The fee paid will be applied to the other case automagically. I am very surprised that nobody knows about this. WOW

Asif2000 - there is only one fee of $70 for the application. If 2 people are applying at the same time there will be only one $70/- that needs to be paid

Thank you. That is what I thought. Now, if I make an online payment, I only enter one case number. How does the other case get updated. That was my original question.

If I just send it by mail, I guess I can attach the cashier's check with both the invoices and it will be applied to both the cases. But how would it work with online payment. That is what I was confused about. Any thoughts?

I-130 upgraded

After i got my usc cerificate (march-17-2009) i called uscis and asked them to upgrade my i-130 for my wife (i-130 was filed when i was a green card holder - apr-13-2006). Today apr-1-2009 i recieved a letter from uscis saying that :........................

We have updated your i-130 that you are now usc. As a result, your petition is now in a new visa category as the immediate relative of a usc and is in active processing. ........................

I called them today agian and asked an io that if i need to send my usc certificate to them the io told me that i don't need to do anything now and i will be asked to send it when my i-130 got transfered to nvc . The io told me that all the time that my i-130 been pending before means nothing and now my priority date is the date that my-130 got updated (march-21-2009) and the processing time for i-130 in vermont center is 6 months.

I don't know what i should do now. Waiting ? Sending my usc certificate to uscis ? Or ............??? Any advice ? Please help

thank you

n-400 filed : March - 2007
1st pf : Apr - 2007
2nd pf : July - 2008
id : Sep - 03 - 2008
wating for 7 months after id to get ol -
became usc : March- 17 2009
i-130 got updated : March - 21 - 2009

I did call them and they confirmed that I only need to pay for one case. The fee paid will be applied to the other case automagically. I am very surprised that nobody knows about this. WOW

I have not cross this stage so could be a silly question. Any idea how do we make sure both the application are applied if you pay online (assuming we can pay online this fee) ?

Thanks,
Ras.

At the NVC on the same petitioner all cases are tied together , as per my experience. For the I864 filing fees of $70 as soon as you make a online payment on 1 case it automatically updates the other case too. All other fees need to be paid seperately as per the case number.

At the NVC on the same petitioner all cases are tied together , as per my experience. For the I864 filing fees of $70 as soon as you make a online payment on 1 case it automatically updates the other case too. All other fees need to be paid seperately as per the case number.

Thanks alakananda! You are the best